Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia headed to minny??? « previous next »
Page: 1

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: January 12, 2007, 12:26:17 PM

Per Sporting News the word is that Minnesota has a lot of interest in garcia and garcia has an interest in Minnesota. They run the WCO now under Brad Childress and he is said to be in high demand for a vet FA QB. Minnesota has a capable team and Garcia could push them over the top or into the playoffs. I just hope we do not get into a bidding war with for a 37 year old QB.

Baghead #2

shall555

Starter

#1 : January 12, 2007, 12:52:59 PM

I'd just forget about Garcia. He's probably using up all his good mojo this year. He won't be the same magical player next year, but more like the Detroit/Cleveland Garcia. I'd rather the Bucs look for another Griese type bargain @ QB. Since Plummer is most likely going to J-ville to be with his college coach, I think someone like Damon Huard would fit the bill. He's a little younger @ 34 and his stats this year were: 1878 yds / 60.7% completion / 11 TDs / 1 INT 98.0 QB rating. Gruden made an MVP out of another KC journeyman. Could be worth a shot. He'd be a helluva lot cheaper than Garcia and it's slim pickings in FA after Garcia and Plummer.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 12, 2007, 12:55:49 PM

If it comes down to Damon Huard, I would think Simms would be feeling a whole lot better about winning the starting job.

shall555

Starter

#3 : January 12, 2007, 01:01:33 PM

If it comes down to Damon Huard, I would think Simms would be feeling a whole lot better about winning the starting job.

LOL. This is the worst year to be looking for a veteran QB. The cupboard is absolutely bare if you're looking to get into a bidding war over a 37 year old QB.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 12, 2007, 01:37:28 PM

I would just assume take Rattay

Baghead #2

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 12, 2007, 02:57:29 PM

Simms is better than Rattay and he will prove it again next TC

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 12, 2007, 05:05:45 PM

I'd just forget about Garcia. He's probably using up all his good mojo this year. He won't be the same magical player next year, but more like the Detroit/Cleveland Garcia. I'd rather the Bucs look for another Griese type bargain @ QB. Since Plummer is most likely going to J-ville to be with his college coach, I think someone like Damon Huard would fit the bill. He's a little younger @ 34 and his stats this year were: 1878 yds / 60.7% completion / 11 TDs / 1 INT 98.0 QB rating. Gruden made an MVP out of another KC journeyman. Could be worth a shot. He'd be a helluva lot cheaper than Garcia and it's slim pickings in FA after Garcia and Plummer.
Why would Jax want Plummer? They have Garrard and Leftwich. Plummer's likely landing spot is Houston.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 12, 2007, 05:08:13 PM

Plummers old coach is now with the jags and they could use a vet the same way we could use one. I think lefty is a goner but who knows.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 12, 2007, 05:11:06 PM

The Jags do not need a vet to be a starter though.  Gerrard is their current starter. 

Leftwich would be a good option as well if they do part ways wit him and Plummer has the best chance of ending up in Houston but even then Carr may be available as a result.  Another player to keep an eye on is Patrick Ramsey.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 12, 2007, 05:24:55 PM

Plummers old coach is now with the jags and they could use a vet the same way we could use one. I think lefty is a goner but who knows.
Del Rio said in his end of the year PC that it was going to be an open competiton between Leftwich and Garrard. I just can't see them targeting a vet unless they're ready to part ways with one of the two guys they have,and I think they are staying put.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia headed to minny??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools