Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the 19th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Bucs Pick??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

LFO

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 29, 2008, 08:22:20 PM

Why?? Another soft crap WR from Florida??? No thanks.

This guy is NOT soft:
[IMG]http://www.harvinzone.com/images/percy-harvin-12.jpg[IMG]

He is pure muscle, tough as nails, and can block well.  He is similar in size to Bush.  I wouldn't run him as much in the NFL, but I'd move him around a little.  Good thing is, he has good hands, strong enough to get through jams, and can block on the perimeter.  Oh, and he's just a tad fast......

I would use him a little like Bush.  Perhaps less runs, and more actual routes rather than screens, but definitely would move him around and create mismatches.

As for injuries, pretty much all of them stemmed from the heel, which he got fixed and wasn't a problem once it healed.  The ankle in the FSU game was more of a freak thing, could happen to anyone, on that nasty field.  

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 29, 2008, 08:24:23 PM

if we draft percy we better find someone other than **CENSORED** mann for our WR coach. that guy can develop less talent than gruden.
True.
I think the reason Harvin gets hurt so much is because he plays WR/RB and is taking hits from linemen and not people in the secondary all the time. Personally I think he will be a good reciever but we need a new recievers coach. And if we get him we could use him possibly in the wildcat. He would be dangerous and we need to liven up a bit.
As you can tell I'm all for Harvin.

#17 : December 29, 2008, 08:25:49 PM

Peria Jerry DT Ole Miss

If you want to continue with the same Ole same Ole...undersized tackles getting worn down

We need a guy who will plug things up in the Middle

Raji at 6'1 323 is a perfect fit for the 3-4

I am sick and tired of these undersized tackles getting work on by these lines

We need some meat in the trenches

lemmer40

Second String

#18 : December 29, 2008, 08:31:18 PM

If we take either Florida player, Tebow or Harvin with the 19th pick, I'll puke. 

Tebow would be there in the 2nd round, easily and Harvin can't last a whole season without getting hurt and thats playing college.  No way he last a whole NFL season plus if you ask me, he is just another Reggie Bush.  Thanks, but no thanks.  We have bigger needs.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 29, 2008, 08:36:10 PM

If we take either Florida player, Tebow or Harvin with the 19th pick, I'll puke. 

Tebow would be there in the 2nd round, easily and Harvin can't last a whole season without getting hurt and thats playing college.  No way he last a whole NFL season plus if you ask me, he is just another Reggie Bush.  Thanks, but no thanks.  We have bigger needs.

How do you know Tebow will be there in R2?  In fact, how do you even know Tebow will be in the draft pool?

Do you also know the numbers for LOTTA on Wednesday? 

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 29, 2008, 08:38:11 PM

Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State

lemmer40

Second String

#21 : December 29, 2008, 08:41:15 PM

po;'

Tebow would be there in the 2nd round, easily and Harvin can't last a whole season without getting hurt and thats playing college. No way he last a whole NFL season plus if you ask me, he is just another Reggie Bush. Thanks, but no thanks. We have bigger needs.

How do you know Tebow will be there in R2? In fact, how do you even know Tebow will be in the draft pool?

I don't know if he will be in the draft pool, but I know he isn't a first round QB.  And you don't waste a 1st round pick on a QB unless you know he can play QB at the next level.  Most people think we will be a TE, WR or HB.  Last time a QB made that kinda switch his name was Matt Jones.  How is that working out for Jax? 

I know there are a lot of Florida homers on here so arguing isn't worth it.  I just know Tebow doesn't have an NFL arm.  Heck even Todd McShay said the other day that he would take Pat White over Tebow and nobody projects White as a QB.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 29, 2008, 08:45:14 PM

Peria Jerry DT Ole Miss

If you want to continue with the same Ole same Ole...undersized tackles getting worn down

but we dont run the 3-4 nor will we run the 3-4 anytime soon.  the primary reason we named Morris as the new DC is because he is a Kiffin protege and will keep the basic principles of the defense intact.  i'd expect there to be some new wrinkles though.  i believe Morris had a reputaion for utilizing a more aggressive blitzing version of the Tampa 2 when he was a DC at K-State.  we arent going to change to the 3-4.  there isnt anything wrong with the scurrent cheme.  that scheme has kept us in the top 10 in defense for the last decade more or less.  the problem is personnel.  you can get better and beef up on the defensive interior without scrapping the entire defensive scheme.  

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 29, 2008, 08:48:02 PM

I just know Tebow doesn't have an NFL arm.  

Arm strength isn't one of the question marks regarding Tebow's game transferring to the NFL.

Orangegone1

Starter

#24 : December 29, 2008, 08:49:43 PM

A guard that would still be available in the second round.

I think what you meant to say was a receiver/returner that would available in the 3rd round.

#25 : December 29, 2008, 08:50:23 PM

I just know Tebow doesn't have an NFL arm.  

Arm strength isn't one of the question marks regarding Tebow's game transferring to the NFL.

I am glad I have arm strength...it really helped my NFL game...signed Jeff George

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 29, 2008, 08:52:49 PM

Peria Jerry DT Ole Miss

but we dont run the 3-4 nor will we run the 3-4 anytime soon.  the primary reason we named Morris as the new DC is because he is a Kiffin protege and will keep the basic principles of the defense intact.  i'd expect there to be some new wrinkles though.  i believe Morris had a reputaion for utilizing a more aggressive blitzing version of the Tampa 2 when he was a DC at K-State.  we arent going to change to the 3-4.  there isnt anything wrong with the scurrent cheme.  that scheme has kept us in the top 10 in defense for the last decade more or less.  the problem is personnel.  you can get better and beef up on the defensive interior without scrapping the entire defensive scheme.  

Jerry Peria  would be a awesome fit for our defense.
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2009_NFL_Draft/Peria_Jerry.htm

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 29, 2008, 08:54:52 PM

I just know Tebow doesn't have an NFL arm. �

I am glad I have arm strength...it really helped my NFL game...signed Jeff George

Who said anything about his arm strength being his best quality, ala Jeff George?

That's some jump you took, there...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 29, 2008, 08:59:27 PM

po;'

Tebow would be there in the 2nd round, easily and Harvin can't last a whole season without getting hurt and thats playing college. No way he last a whole NFL season plus if you ask me, he is just another Reggie Bush. Thanks, but no thanks. We have bigger needs.

How do you know Tebow will be there in R2? In fact, how do you even know Tebow will be in the draft pool?

I don't know if he will be in the draft pool, but I know he isn't a first round QB.  And you don't waste a 1st round pick on a QB unless you know he can play QB at the next level.  Most people think we will be a TE, WR or HB.  Last time a QB made that kinda switch his name was Matt Jones.  How is that working out for Jax?  

I know there are a lot of Florida homers on here so arguing isn't worth it.  I just know Tebow doesn't have an NFL arm.  Heck even Todd McShay said the other day that he would take Pat White over Tebow and nobody projects White as a QB.

Jones ran a 4.3 40, at 6'6.  Tebow doesn't come close to that.  Also, how is it working out?  I don't know, isn't he a coke head?  

Tebow will ride or die at QB.  Bill Belichick is said to love Tebow as a QB, and I think he knows a thing or 2 about QB's.  

McShay has White listed as a WR.  

Tebow's arm is fine.  His footwork and ability to read defenses are questioned, plus he'll have to adjust to a pro style offense.  Again, he knows he needs to work on these things and has.  I don't see why he can't continue to improve on that.  Believe it or not, there is more to playing QB than having perfect mechanics and a rope for an arm.  Tebow does possess the great intangibles that you can't be taught.....and what he is deficient, today in can be taught and learned.

You can say what you want, but you don't KNOW he isn't a 1st round QB.  Neither does McShay, Kiper, or anyone else for that matter.  Nobody will KNOW that until 1st he declares and then he goes through the combine and other workouts.  

LFO

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 29, 2008, 09:00:36 PM

I just know Tebow doesn't have an NFL arm. �

Who said anything about his arm strength being his best quality, ala Jeff George?

That's some jump you took, there...

I think he was saying, arm strength isn't the tell all of a great QB. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the 19th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Bucs Pick??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools