Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the 19th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Bucs Pick??? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#90 : December 30, 2008, 03:25:10 PM

I just youtubed Hakeem Nicks (watch the UNC vs BC Highlight) it's like 6:42 long, Nicks interviews in it too. I love the fact he isn't afraid of traffic, gets pumped by crowed, he's a playmaker, this kid is a STUD! Wouldn't mind him in the 1st either! All I gotta say is WOW...

BTW - He had 4TD's against BC in that game...not too shabby...

Jbuc5

Practice Squad

#91 : December 30, 2008, 03:31:20 PM

If we take either Florida player, Tebow or Harvin with the 19th pick, I'll puke. 

Tebow would be there in the 2nd round, easily and Harvin can't last a whole season without getting hurt and thats playing college.  No way he last a whole NFL season plus if you ask me, he is just another Reggie Bush.  Thanks, but no thanks.  We have bigger needs.

I am with you on that one!

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#92 : December 30, 2008, 07:03:43 PM

I just youtubed Hakeem Nicks (watch the UNC vs BC Highlight) it's like 6:42 long, Nicks interviews in it too. I love the fact he isn't afraid of traffic, gets pumped by crowed, he's a playmaker, this kid is a STUD! Wouldn't mind him in the 1st either! All I gotta say is WOW...

BTW - He had 4TD's against BC in that game...not too shabby...
If he decides to come out, wouldn't mine him at all.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#93 : December 30, 2008, 07:16:06 PM

Hold off running back talks. We have the cap space lets spend the money on Darren Sproles in the off-season.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#94 : December 30, 2008, 08:35:45 PM

I'd like to have Stafford, Bradford, or Crabtree but that will never happen.   I don't think any of the teams drafting in the top five would trade picks with us.   Heyward-Bey, Maclin, or Peria Jerry would be good picks.   We have many needs.  I would like to see QB, WR, and DT be our first three picks.

Just say no to UF picks.  Harvin won't finish a full season healthy and we have no spot for Tebow.   We already drafted J. Johnson as a project QB.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#95 : December 30, 2008, 08:45:46 PM

WR Percy Harvin Florida Gator

Great idea!! Dexter Jackson part II..................haha!

Baghead #2

LFO

Hall of Famer

#96 : December 30, 2008, 09:01:10 PM

Just say no to UF picks.  Harvin won't finish a full season healthy

Percy's injuries his whole career were all from his heel which had been lingering since high school.  That was fixed with surgery, and hasn't been an issue since.

Outside of that, he sprained an ankle on a HORRIBLE field on a freak play.  You can't put that on him being injury prone.  I think there were like 3-4 ankle sprains that game.  When you play in a monsoon in a foot of rain, an ankle can get sprained.  

Also, Harvin is asked to play a role where he is subjected to punishment inside running the ball a bunch.  In the NFL he'll likely be used almost exclusively as a WR, meaning he will take less punishment.  I think Harvin will be a bargain for whoever takes him.  You are right, he'll drop because of these so-called injury concerns, but he is a top 10 talent who can be had probably late R1.  

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#97 : December 30, 2008, 09:03:25 PM

I can understand some hesitancy with Harvin because of his injuries but the comparison to Dexter Jackson is not apt.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#98 : December 30, 2008, 09:03:38 PM

Ok, this is a joke.

First, Percy is built like a tank yet runs a 4.3 forty, and is not afraid to run inside.  Nothing like that wuss Jackson.

2nd, Percy has averaged nearly 9 yards a carry and 17 yards a catch against some of the best defenses in CFB.  Jackson went against glorified high school teams.  

It's fine if you dislike a player, but at least if you are going to come up with a better argument or comparison.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the 19th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Bucs Pick??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools