Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Driving Me Crazy « previous next »
Page: 1

pewterfanatic

Starter

: December 29, 2008, 04:08:36 PM

Since the season is officially over, I thought I would take this opportunity to vent about something that has always bothered me about this forum.  I feel it is important for posters to have a strong enough command of the English language and be able to articulate their thoughts in writing so that at least 90% of the readers of this forum can understand what they are trying to say and respond accordingly. 

With that being said, why do certain posters feel the need to attempt to publicly embarrass posters by pointing out misspelled words or errors in grammar?  Isn't this a forum to talk about Bucs' football.  Posters shouldn't feel the need to proofread their posts multiple times for fear that some TOOL will come around and enlighten the rest of us by using them as an example.  I am tired of seeing this in just about every thread. 

If you are guilty of this, quit being a TOOL.  I suggest that bans be given to anyone that does this moving forward.  Thanks for listening to me vent and feel free to respond, but be careful if your response includes criticism of my grammar or spelling.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 29, 2008, 04:12:21 PM

Maybe because you learn to do this in elementary school and posters may take your opinions more seriously if they are spelled correctly and have at least a basic level of grammar? I'm not the proofreading police, but just asking for the basics at least. Slang is OK if it's a common phrase.

pewterfanatic

Starter

#2 : December 29, 2008, 04:19:33 PM

Maybe because you learn to do this in elementary school and posters may take your opinions more seriously if they are spelled correctly and have at least a basic level of grammar? I'm not the proofreading police, but just asking for the basics at least. Slang is OK if it's a common phrase.

If 90% of the readers can understand what is being said then I would venture to guess that the basics have been covered.  I review the content of a post before I pass judgment as to whether I should take it seriously or not.  Maybe the posters focused in on the spelling and grammar should do the same.

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 29, 2008, 04:36:22 PM

I suggest bans for irrelevant posts.

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 29, 2008, 06:50:40 PM

How about calling people idiots and saying they know nothing about football because they disagree with you?

graypilgrim

Starter

#5 : December 29, 2008, 07:58:21 PM

How about calling people idiots and saying they know nothing about football because they disagree with you?

I will agree with you on this subject. I have noticed that many out there are very quick to jump on someone else with a differing view point, just like in politics. If you disagree with them, you are their enemy.

I do have to say though that our society has become very casual in many social skills that were not acceptable even ten years ago. I would suggest that posters at least pay attention to word use, syntax and some basic grammer. One is judged by how he speaks, not what he says.  See Obama for reference.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 29, 2008, 08:24:26 PM

What is worse is when they call you a moran or retarted.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 29, 2008, 08:27:39 PM

How about calling people idiots

There are just under this current name, Karen:

Let's hope you get a heart and a brain while you're in college.

Any of you pigs have a teenage daughter?

Dork.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 29, 2008, 08:33:48 PM

How about calling people idiots

There are just under this current name, Karen:

Let's hope you get a heart and a brain while you're in college.

Any of you pigs have a teenage daughter?

Dork.

lol @ Biggs!

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 30, 2008, 03:28:54 AM

What is worse is when they call you a moran or retarted.
LMAO!!

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

#10 : December 30, 2008, 03:34:14 AM

Are coach is worst than Dungy. Your a mean poster for aksing me to stop.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 30, 2008, 03:37:06 AM

But if Bugs Bunny calls someone a maroon, it's OK?
Silly thread. Who cares. If you post long enough, eventually you misspell a word or two.
Some SHOULD clean up their posts. But by and large, this type of thing doesn't happen often.
We just lost four in a row, had the worst meltdown in recent memory and you're worried about grammar?
Here are four letters that annoy the heck out of me:
LLLL

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 30, 2008, 03:38:59 AM

DJL, that was actually funny. You made the spelling, homophonic, contraction, tense and possibly even punctuation errors, all in one post ... all in the name of humor.
Well done!

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Driving Me Crazy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools