Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Diversity on this board. Where do you stand? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#15 : January 12, 2007, 06:08:09 PM

I support Gruden...for now.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 12, 2007, 06:11:39 PM

The other board has no credibility but I will admit is total proof that the Bucs Glazers Gruden etc have little interest in Fans opinions on anything pertaining to the organization.   While the "ignorant and stupid" do have their say only fools listen to them for direction.

I remember some coach making the remark:  paraphrased  "Any coach that listens to the fans will be in the stands with them shortly"

TEAMCALI

Starter

#17 : January 12, 2007, 06:26:05 PM

" I support and want Jon Gruden here"      ......

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 12, 2007, 06:41:27 PM

I support giving Gruden another shot to turn things around.  There must be substantial improvement next year in  order for me to feel the same way.  If the Bucs  have another bad year a pattern would be evident.  This year was ridiculous with bad play, injuries, and poor decisions.  I just hope the players have not given up on him.

#19 : January 12, 2007, 06:41:56 PM

I remember some coach making the remark: paraphrased "Any coach that listens to the fans will be in the stands with them shortly"

For some reason, i'm thinking that Ditka said that, though i may be wrong.

As for Gruden, I'm starting to lean toward replacing him. I just don't see enuff improvement on offense for my liking. I'm not a fan of Clayton or Caddy and if those are the guys that are supposed to be the core of the next generation of Bucs, then the future ain't lookin too bright, IMO.

original

Pro Bowler

#20 : January 12, 2007, 08:31:13 PM

I support the Bucs and whoever there coach is.  I think Gruden deserves next season, but another losing season in the next three, then I will be wanting him gone. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 12, 2007, 08:41:04 PM

Gruden is a good coach.

When he turns this thing around, I am sure people who think Gruden is a dud will still find some reason to harp and nag.  It is within their nature to naturally dislike the man for whatever reason they see fit...usually it is not about football, but some persoanl reason they don't like him.  Maybe his hair is too blonde, maybe his sneers are too frequent....whatever.

Gruden knows football, and I would keep him even if he had a .500 season next year.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#22 : January 12, 2007, 09:14:12 PM

I remember some coach making the remark: paraphrased "Any coach that listens to the fans will be in the stands with them shortly"

For some reason, i'm thinking that Ditka said that, though i may be wrong.

As for Gruden, I'm starting to lean toward replacing him. I just don't see enuff improvement on offense for my liking. I'm not a fan of Clayton or Caddy and if those are the guys that are supposed to be the core of the next generation of Bucs, then the future ain't lookin too bright, IMO.
Agreed.

#23 : January 12, 2007, 09:17:03 PM

I had no idea a ROY and a guy with over 2,000 yards on the ground isn't looking bright....he has stuff to improve on sure, but he's the best back from his draft....ask Ronnie Brown, what Caddy did last year was amazing, he had a down year this season but having 0 passing game effected that a lot.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#24 : January 12, 2007, 10:09:06 PM

oma---does your avatar refer to he who will not be named on that 'other' board sig?

#25 : January 12, 2007, 10:29:53 PM

I don't get it....is shark = kron?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#26 : January 12, 2007, 10:35:15 PM

I don't get it....is shark = kron?
  Yes, go to TBBBB & kronic's exactly sized sig is a shark now.  Something to do with feeding frenzies no doubt.

Barber_20

Rookie

#27 : January 12, 2007, 10:48:46 PM

It's ok to follow Gru with horse blinders on. Sometimes you just have to settle for what you can get.

GO BUCKS!@

#28 : January 14, 2007, 05:33:59 PM

But to fire a coach due to a couple of losing seasons when he's proven in the past that he can win it all seems foolish to me.

Barry Switzer won it all.... and he still had to go.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 12, 2007, 11:49:26 PM

And MLM - that track is very, very good - thanks for posting the link -

indeed

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Diversity on this board. Where do you stand? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools