Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Diversity on this board. Where do you stand? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : January 12, 2007, 11:52:21 PM

And MLM - that track is very, very good - thanks for posting the link -

indeed
Agreed.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 13, 2007, 08:03:08 AM

Diversity on the Gruden topic? As for me, I support Gruden currently. I think it's too early to be calling for his head given the circumstances of lost draft picks (mainly to bring him in here since Dungy couldnt get us over the hump - but that isnt Gruden's fault), salary cap restraints, and a team that had passed it's peak by the time he came here. I still think if Brian Kelly hadn't gone down in 2003, that season would have been quite different. I do think Gruden's done a bad job in many areas, but he's done some things that have impressed me as well. I like his play calling on offense for the most part. We may not have an overly productive offense yet, but I like the play calls alot better than any other offense we've ever run.

I expect to see some improvement next year, but I dont expect the playoffs. We finally have some cap room and draft picks for him to work with. I'm willing to bet if he remains coach that we are a superbowl contender again by 2009.

I agree up until the point of not making the playoffs...under this day and age with free agency and the like any team can go from 4-12 to 12-4 with moves that PAN out i.e. Drew Brees

You must be accountable for your actions!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 13, 2007, 09:09:34 AM

If the team continues to slide next season, I don't think there is enough reason for Gruden to remain the head coach of this team; Superbowl title or not.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 13, 2007, 11:24:04 AM

I think MOST here are Gruden supporters. That said we have already had the debate. The big difference between the TBBB is that the debate here, although was pretty heated at timies was supported by facts to support opinions on both sides. Combine that with a few indicators that have been revealed by the good folks at PR all the pointers are that Gruden is not going anywhere this year. Subsequently, wether you like Gruden or not it makes no sense rehashing the argument when it is a total waste of time. I guess that suggests this board, even with a fair few young 'uns about shows a greater degree of maturity ..... most of the time :)

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 13, 2007, 11:37:58 AM

Nice song... The singing needs to be more relaxed... more fluid. I could see you making the first cut in American Idol though.

And yeah support Gruden. He doesn't give up and neither do his players and thats a good sign for years to come...

buckit

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 13, 2007, 12:57:35 PM

Teams that change head coaches every 3 or 4 years never get anywhere.  It's bad enough that the Bucs have a perpetual revolving door at QB, but some of you want one at HC as well...bad idea.  Look, Jon Gruden has proven himself a winner many times.  He CAN win.  He WILL win.  Whether in Tampa or somewhere else, Jon will go down in history as a great coach, I'd bet my ass on it.  I'd just assume he does it here...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 13, 2007, 12:59:23 PM

Teams that change head coaches every 3 or 4 years never get anywhere. It's bad enough that the Bucs have a perpetual revolving door at QB, but some of you want one at HC as well...bad idea. Look, Jon Gruden has proven himself a winner many times. He CAN win. He WILL win. Whether in Tampa or somewhere else, Jon will go down in history as a great coach, I'd bet my ass on it. I'd just assume he does it here...
Would like to see him stay for a decade or so, build up the Bucs as contenders year in and out.  I absolutely think he is a good coach, and the upside of it all is he is very very young, and can still learn things.  He will grow into a great coach, IMO...

buckit

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 13, 2007, 01:29:38 PM

I hope he does open his mind a bit...he is WAY too stubborn at times...he's brilliant, but needs to know when to cut an idea that doesnt work..he'll get there.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 14, 2007, 01:27:50 AM

Teams that change head coaches every 3 or 4 years never get anywhere. It's bad enough that the Bucs have a perpetual revolving door at QB, but some of you want one at HC as well...bad idea. Look, Jon Gruden has proven himself a winner many times. He CAN win. He WILL win. Whether in Tampa or somewhere else, Jon will go down in history as a great coach, I'd bet my ass on it. I'd just assume he does it here...
Well said.  I agree with the other post as well.  He should let his offensive scheme evolve not let his ego get in the way so much.

#39 : January 14, 2007, 01:29:31 AM

Isn't he responsible for the revolving door at qb? It seems the only qb he wants is the one he doesn't have.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 14, 2007, 05:09:01 AM

My signature speaks for how I feel.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#41 : January 14, 2007, 10:01:13 AM

I have nothing against Gruden as a person, and while I want us to win desperately I don't believe that will come with Gruden at the helm at this point.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 14, 2007, 11:12:35 AM

I have nothing against Gruden as a person, and while I want us to win desperately I don't believe that will come with Gruden at the helm at this point.

Considering Gruden's already won a superbowl and led the Bucs and Raiders to the playoffs before, that statement makes little sense to me.    I don't think any coach would have led the Bucs to a winning record with the roster they had this past season.    To change coaches just for the sake of changing leads to no stability.   If it's an incompetent coach like a Jim Haslett, then that's fine.   But to fire a coach due to a couple of losing seasons when he's proven in the past that he can win it all seems foolish to me.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#43 : January 14, 2007, 11:19:08 AM

Considering Gruden's already won a superbowl and led the Bucs and Raiders to the playoffs before, that statement makes little sense to me.    I don't think any coach would have led the Bucs to a winning record with the roster they had this past season.    To change coaches just for the sake of changing leads to no stability.   If it's an incompetent coach like a Jim Haslett, then that's fine.   But to fire a coach due to a couple of losing seasons when he's proven in the past that he can win it all seems foolish to me.

I see what you're saying, but this season was so beyond bad that it doesn't even register on the "bad" scale. As far as incompetency, I think he showed alot of it this year especially on his QB decision. If it wasn't for the Raiders and the Lions we would have been the laughing stock of the league. Those teams have their reasons (See Al Davis and Matt Millen) and we have ours, ours is Jon Gruden.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 14, 2007, 11:52:16 AM

[If it wasn't for the Raiders and the Lions we would have been the laughing stock of the league.

How soon they forget.    We were the ones laughing not too long ago.   I have a feeling we'll be laughing again in a few years if we stick with Gruden.    Personally, I'd rather win a superbowl and have 10 losing seasons than to make the playoffs every year and choke in the playoffs.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Diversity on this board. Where do you stand? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools