Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Diversity on this board. Where do you stand? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#45 : January 14, 2007, 12:09:35 PM

[If it wasn't for the Raiders and the Lions we would have been the laughing stock of the league.

How soon they forget.    We were the ones laughing not too long ago.   I have a feeling we'll be laughing again in a few years if we stick with Gruden.    Personally, I'd rather win a superbowl and have 10 losing seasons than to make the playoffs every year and choke in the playoffs.

I agree.  The Falcons were foolish to get rid of Mora after just 2 bad seasons, and I sure am glad the Glazers have stuck by Gruden's side.  I mean look at it- Grudens led the Bucs to Super Bowl win in his first year, and followed by having 2 losing seasons.  Yet we didn't panic and stayed with our coach.  The result?  An 11-5 record and an NFC South Division title the next year.

Mora leads Falcons to the NFC Championship his first year, and then had two bad seasons after...the result?  They fire him??  Please...why is 3 or 4 years the tell-all be-all time limit for a coach to be successful?  I truly have faith that if we stick with Gruden, he will get us back on top.

#46 : January 14, 2007, 04:49:29 PM

Teams that change head coaches every 3 or 4 years never get anywhere. It's bad enough that the Bucs have a perpetual revolving door at QB, but some of you want one at HC as well...bad idea. Look, Jon Gruden has proven himself a winner many times. He CAN win. He WILL win. Whether in Tampa or somewhere else, Jon will go down in history as a great coach, I'd bet my ass on it. I'd just assume he does it here...

Isn't he responsible for the revolving door at qb?
Injuries are not in his control.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Diversity on this board. Where do you stand? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools