Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Consider this when bashing the S's « previous next »
Page: 1 2

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 14, 2006, 07:31:38 AM

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS DEFENSE:
OVERALL: 20th (329.3 ypg)
RUSHING: 30th (163.3 ypg)
PASSING: 7th (166.0 ypg)

Many people on this board including myself have been baching Allen and Phillips really hard for their play the first few weeks.  Maybe I should add Barber and Kelly to that since they have been hearing a lot of criticism because of their play as well.  When you look at these numbers it seems to show that it is not the secondary that is playing bad but the Dline and LB's.  I know that the S's and CB's have been missing was to many tackles but so has the rest of the team.  The problem with blaming the S's and CB'c for not taking down the RB's is that the running back should never have even made it that far.  This D is ranked number 7 aginst the pass allowing only 166 yards per game.  That to me sounds pretty good considering the run D which is controlled by the Dline and LB's is ranked 30th and giving up 163.3 yards per game.  The bottom line is that the D as a whole needs to play better but more needs to be said about the Dline and LB's and less about how bad the S's are because the numbers prove that they are not the biggest weakness.

I think the main reason why our Pass Defense is ranked so high is because teams have predominantly run the ball at us, because they know that we are hopeless in defending it.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 14, 2006, 08:14:26 AM

I think the main reason why our Pass Defense is ranked so high is because teams have predominantly run the ball at us, because they know that we are hopeless in defending it.

Correct.  That pass defense ranking is misleading becuase of the poor run defense.  With that said the pass defense is around the 15-20 ranking my guess.  Middle of the road but not as bad as the run D which is dead last. 

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 14, 2006, 08:49:13 AM

Hey... NEXT TO LAST. Give our boys SOME credit!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 14, 2006, 09:01:41 AM

yeah! consider HOW MUCH THEY STINK when bashing the S's -->lol
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Consider this when bashing the S's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools