Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Robert Marve's sanctions punative « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 01, 2009, 11:03:17 PM

I still can't get over the fact that they read the contract/scholarship!!!! subjectively we can go back and forth all day long. But to me the Marve's are stuck like Chuck. Either stick it out or leave Florida and play. What, you're not that good to play outside of this state?

It's not even outside the state. He is saying NO SEC, NO ACC. That is basically the south/north east....any big school remotely close to his home.

I can get the ACC (their conference) and perhaps FSU, USF (they play the next couple years) But why the rest? That is just being vindictive.

They always say scholarships are just 1 year deals anyway. If Shannon didn't want Marve anymore he could juts pull his scholly. So why be such a hardass and eliminate any major school within 1000 miles (and in some cases, more) of his home?
I can agree that it's a tough sled for Marve.  But first and foremost, this didn't JUST happen because he wanted to transfer.  I'm sure he signed something to this ilk before he came to play.  Can we agree on that?  Plus it's his fault as I understand it for getting suspended?  Didn't go to class?  My grandmother always said you make the bed...then you have to lay in it.  Regardless of the sanctions, he goes to class, which is mandatory for everyone, this is a none issue...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 01, 2009, 11:04:05 PM

I guess Cincy was granted to permission to talk with him

LFO

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 02, 2009, 06:04:45 PM

I still can't get over the fact that they read the contract/scholarship!!!! subjectively we can go back and forth all day long. But to me the Marve's are stuck like Chuck. Either stick it out or leave Florida and play. What, you're not that good to play outside of this state?

It's not even outside the state. He is saying NO SEC, NO ACC. That is basically the south/north east....any big school remotely close to his home.

I can get the ACC (their conference) and perhaps FSU, USF (they play the next couple years) But why the rest? That is just being vindictive.

They always say scholarships are just 1 year deals anyway. If Shannon didn't want Marve anymore he could juts pull his scholly. So why be such a hardass and eliminate any major school within 1000 miles (and in some cases, more) of his home?
I can agree that it's a tough sled for Marve.  But first and foremost, this didn't JUST happen because he wanted to transfer.  I'm sure he signed something to this ilk before he came to play.  Can we agree on that?  Plus it's his fault as I understand it for getting suspended?  Didn't go to class?  My grandmother always said you make the bed...then you have to lay in it.  Regardless of the sanctions, he goes to class, which is mandatory for everyone, this is a none issue...

I don't think the issue is just his missing class and getting suspended. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 02, 2009, 06:12:34 PM

Ok so we are jumping to conclusions without all the facts?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 02, 2009, 06:27:13 PM

Ok so we are jumping to conclusions without all the facts?

Yes, i think you are.

From what I hear there are several reasons why Marve left, and none are because he is upset about being suspended for missing class. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 03, 2009, 12:11:46 PM

Apparently Miami has backed off the original restrictions to allow SEC teams not named LSU, Florida or Tennesse.  They also issued a statement alluding to the fact that they believe people in the Marve camp contacted these schools at some point during the season and this is why they are not allowing him to transfer there.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jan/03/030139/miami-modifies-marve-transfer-rules/sports-colleges/
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Robert Marve's sanctions punative « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools