Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5-0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
5-0
#15 : January 03, 2009, 02:38:47 PM

Utah isnt now underrated because they beat Bama

I really don't think you know what underrated means.

LFO

Hall of Famer

5-0
#16 : January 03, 2009, 02:42:01 PM

SEC 2 more "dog" wins today with Ole Miss thrashing TT as a 5 point dog, and Kentucky beating early Cinderella ECU as a 3 point dog. 

Of course, now 10 point favorite Bama is down 14-0 to Utah.......

But still, I am impressed with SEC wins so far, LSU, Vandy, Ole Miss, Kentucky all winning as underdogs, in some cases heavy.  Georgia covered and only SC looked like crap...although I am starting to think right now Iowa is the best Big11 team. 

OSU>Bama vs Utah.

Pac-10 maybe sold a bit short, now? OSU gave the Utah game away on the road.

No.

well if Bama is the 2nd team in the SEC

And OSU 3rd... and OSU played Utah a lot better

Either your saying the SEC wasnt very deep or Pac-10 sold a bit short

LOL

If only it worked that way.

So, are you saying ole Miss is better than Texas?  They crushed Texas Tech (basically a home game for TT) and TT beat Texas......

Really, outside of the BCSNCG, all of these are glorified exhibition games.  It's hard to make anything out of them.  If one thing is clear, so far, the underdogs have won a lot.  Why is that?  Are they playing harder, more happy to be there?  I don't know. 

But to say that since Oregon State played better vs. Utah months ago means that they are better than Alabama is a huge stretch.  If OSU was that good, they wouldn't have been playing in the NobodyCares.com bowl (and "winning" 3-0) in the first place.

SEC is obviously deep, or they wouldn't have 8 bowl teams and Pac10 5.....the worst SEC bowl team (Vandy) beat the ACC runner up.  LSU who was mediocre in SEC play crushed the highest ranked ACC team in GT.  Georgia took out probably the Big11 team playing best right now.  Ole Miss crushed 1 loss TT who beat Texas.  Sure, Bama was disappointing, but watching that game, it was NOT the same Bama team that played Dec. 6. 

If you match up the top Pac10 teams against top SEC teams, I am willing to bet SEC would win most.

Ole Miss may be better... Big 12 looks overrated.

Im not saying the Pac-10 is better state where I said that... I said your selling the pac-10 short.

I did say the Big 12 was better a few weeks ago... but I change my mind during the bowls its the SEC

But the Pac-10 isnt garbage... and Utah isnt now underrated because they beat Bama

Utah=OSU

230997796]
SEC 2 more "dog" wins today with Ole Miss thrashing TT as a 5 point dog, and Kentucky beating early Cinderella ECU as a 3 point dog. 

Of course, now 10 point favorite Bama is down 14-0 to Utah.......

But still, I am impressed with SEC wins so far, LSU, Vandy, Ole Miss, Kentucky all winning as underdogs, in some cases heavy.  Georgia covered and only SC looked like crap...although I am starting to think right now Iowa is the best Big11 team. 

OSU>Bama vs Utah.

Pac-10 maybe sold a bit short, now? OSU gave the Utah game away on the road.

No.

well if Bama is the 2nd team in the SEC

And OSU 3rd... and OSU played Utah a lot better

Either your saying the SEC wasnt very deep or Pac-10 sold a bit short

LOL

If only it worked that way.

So, are you saying ole Miss is better than Texas?  They crushed Texas Tech (basically a home game for TT) and TT beat Texas......

Really, outside of the BCSNCG, all of these are glorified exhibition games.  It's hard to make anything out of them.  If one thing is clear, so far, the underdogs have won a lot.  Why is that?  Are they playing harder, more happy to be there?  I don't know. 

But to say that since Oregon State played better vs. Utah months ago means that they are better than Alabama is a huge stretch.  If OSU was that good, they wouldn't have been playing in the NobodyCares.com bowl (and "winning" 3-0) in the first place.

SEC is obviously deep, or they wouldn't have 8 bowl teams and Pac10 5.....the worst SEC bowl team (Vandy) beat the ACC runner up.  LSU who was mediocre in SEC play crushed the highest ranked ACC team in GT.  Georgia took out probably the Big11 team playing best right now.  Ole Miss crushed 1 loss TT who beat Texas.  Sure, Bama was disappointing, but watching that game, it was NOT the same Bama team that played Dec. 6. 

If you match up the top Pac10 teams against top SEC teams, I am willing to bet SEC would win most.

Ole Miss may be better... Big 12 looks overrated.

Im not saying the Pac-10 is better state where I said that... I said your selling the pac-10 short.

I did say the Big 12 was better a few weeks ago... but I change my mind during the bowls its the SEC

But the Pac-10 isnt garbage... and Utah isnt now underrated because they beat Bama

Utah=OSU

I never said Pac 10 was garbage.  They won 5 bowl games, hats off to them.  They did what they were supposed to do (on the contrary, Bama didn't) and won games they were favored.  Congrats. 

Where am I selling them short?  I don't see where anyone is selling them short.  Are you saying because they only got 1 BCS game?  Who were they going to replace, and with who?  Vegas obviously was impressed, as they were favorites in 4 games and a push in the last. 

I don't get what you are trying to say.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5-0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools