Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Truth about Michael Bennett and Anthony Davis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 02, 2009, 03:11:23 PM

Michael Bennett wouldn't have changed our rush offense.

or our rush defense for that matter, which was more of a problem

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 02, 2009, 03:29:37 PM

He knew the playbook enough in 2007.

#17 : January 02, 2009, 08:16:53 PM

really? according to what? the fact that Gruden almost never put him on the field even when me and most everyone else wanted to see more of him? Clearly Gruden had a problem with him in 2007. Some thoguht it was the couple dropped passes he had (I didnt), or that he couldnt pass block, but he clearly wasnt gettig on the field in 2007 so are you just saying that because he took up a place on teh roster in 2007? You wouldnt think we would trade for him in midseason and turn around and release him the same season without atleast giving him a chance to learn the playbook would you?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 02, 2009, 09:58:23 PM

Gruden put him on the field in 2007 when he was recently trade for in the same season (very little knowledge of the playbook).

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 02, 2009, 10:28:00 PM

Wasn't Donald Penn there as well?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 02, 2009, 10:48:06 PM

The Legend of Larry Brackins I mean Michael Bennett continues.....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 02, 2009, 11:19:44 PM

Wasn't Donald Penn there as well?

He was in the kitchen...part time gig.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#22 : January 03, 2009, 03:58:08 AM

Just heard on WDAE, Bennett and Davis were both cut 10 days after an altercation at an Ihop, involving a gun, and a dude sustaining multiple skull fractures, allegedly by Bennett, Davis and crew....
Did they say it was "breaking news"?  This info is about two months old!

Thank you for yet reminding me of yet another reason why it was a good decision for me to stop listening to those clowns.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 03, 2009, 07:34:20 AM

I have to question Jon Gruden's judgment. He wastes half the season on a kick returner with no heart or guts while keeping a probowl returner on the practice squad. Galloway has three 1,000 yard seasons in a row and then Gruden can't find a way to get him involved in the game plan. Bennett joins the team in midseason and makes a contribution but can't after after a full offseason to learn the system? How do you justify wasting a roster spot on a player you have no intention of ever using? If Bennett had shouldered some of the load maybe Graham would have survived for the full season. Maybe we could have pulled out a win in Atlanta. I will forever believe McCown would have accounted for more than 10 points in that game and the Bucs would be in the playoffs today. Garcia was 8-6 last season and 6-5 this season. We can only hope that Gruden doesn't view that as something to build on.

What's done is done. Legal issues aside, Jon Gruden needs a real OC to put some things in perspective for him. He doesn't make good use of his options.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 03, 2009, 09:51:30 AM

The Greatness that is Michael Bennett is in trouble with the Law?

TWO FORMER BUCS SUED FOR ALLEGEDLY BREAKING MAN’S JAW
Posted by Mike Tunison on January 2, 2009, 4:17 p.m. EST
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/02/two-former-bucs-sued-for-allegedly-breaking-mans-jaw/

A Tampa fitness trainer has filed a suit against former Buccaneers running back Michael Bennett and lineman Anthony Davis for allegedly breaking his jaw in an October 13 incident that occurred in the parking lot of an IHOP in Tampa.

The man, Brian Gordon, 31, is also suing IHOP for providing an unsafe environment. Gordon’s lawyer said he had to have his jaw wired and suffered scalp lacerations, costing him nearly $50,000 in medical bills. Gordon is also seeking $15,000 in unspecified damages.

According to the Tampa Tribune, the lawsuit claims Davis was drunk and abusive toward customers and workers in the IHOP. Davis then threatened Gordon and called Bennett, who later arrived in the parking lot brandishing a gun, and a third unidentified man for help.

Bennett was later released by Tampa Bay and was signed by the Chargers on Nov. 12. Davis is now on the Rams roster.

The incident had been reported on blogs a few weeks earlier, but local media have been oddly silent on the matter until now.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 04, 2009, 09:47:57 AM

really?  are you really asking why bennett was inactive for his first month or so learning a brand new NFL offense?

Was he inactive that long after we traded for him?  I keep hearing how smart the guy was on here, so what took him so long?

and didnt LT play?  

5 carries, not one after the 12 minute mark in the 2nd quarter.  It was widely reported he was injured.  I'm sure the Chargers knew he wouldn't be able to play the whole game, hence Bennett was active.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 04, 2009, 05:56:01 AM

As a relief player Bennett accounted for 3 first downs and decent yardage in minimal attempts for San Diego last night.The Chargers have a HC who is open to his options. If Gruden doesn't learn to do the same his career in Tampa will soon come to a screeching halt. Involving Bennett, even as a relief player, might have kept Graham healthy enough to avoid a December collapse. I believe we could have at least managed a win in Atlanta with Graham playing.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 04, 2009, 09:27:54 AM

The Chargers have a HC who is open to his options.

Really?  Why was Bennett inactive for the seven games prior to last night?

Bennett was only active because of LT's injury.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#28 : January 04, 2009, 09:28:33 AM

He is the report

Man Says 2 NFL Players Beat Him Up

TAMPA (CN) - A man claims two Tampa Bay Buccaneer football players assaulted and battered him in an IHOP parking lot. Brian Gordon sued Anthony Davis, Michael Bennett and IHOP in Hillsborough County Court. Gordon claims that as he ate in the IHOP on Oct. 13, Davis, who was drunk, harassed the staff and patrons, calling two fellow diners "sluts" and whores," yelling at the waitress and cook to "give me my m-ther f-cking food!" and so on. He claims Davis threatened him with physical harm, then placed a phone call to Bennett and another man, who arrived in a car. Gordon says Bennett "brandished a black handgun in a holster," and that Bennett, Davis and the third man then beat him up in the parking lot. And he claims that no agent of IHOP intervened. Davis, a tackle, is listed as 6 feet 4 inches tall and 322 lbs. on the team Web site. Bennett is a running back. Gordon demands damages for negligence and assault and battery. He is represented by Jeffrey Gordon of Tampa.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/12/16/Man_Says_2_NFL_Players_Beat_Him_Up.htm

That is not a police report.   Obviously the police were never called to arrest anyone.  Probably because the complainant had a record of drug offenses and was  coked out when the incident reportedly happened.  

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 04, 2009, 09:34:46 AM

The Chargers have a HC who is open to his options.

Really?  Why was Bennett inactive for the seven games prior to last night?

Bennett was only active because of LT's injury.

Because the playoffs matter and you need to bring your best to the table.  And if he was active due to injury why was he cut from the Bucs when they had TWO injured half backs and a full back just recovering?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Truth about Michael Bennett and Anthony Davis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools