Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Truth about Michael Bennett and Anthony Davis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 04, 2009, 09:41:17 AM

Really?  Why was Bennett inactive for the seven games prior to last night?

Bennett was only active because of LT's injury.

really?  are you really asking why bennett was inactive for his first month or so learning a brand new NFL offense?

and didnt LT play? 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 04, 2009, 09:43:47 AM

San Diego has always been good at recognizing talent and stacking it.  People questioned why they drafted Sproles when they had Turner and LT?  And then they questioned why they picked up Bennett?

Now the answers are obvious to those questions.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 04, 2009, 09:44:01 AM

Because the playoffs matter and you need to bring your best to the table.  

Priceless.

I guess the Charges didn't need their best when they had to win every game to get to the playoffs.  They've been playing playoff games for about a month now.

And if he was active due to injury why was he cut from the Bucs when they had TWO injured half backs and a full back just recovering?

What do the fullbacks have to do with your boy Bennett?  Is he an All-Pro fullback now as well?

Who were these two injured halfbacks when Bennett was cut?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 04, 2009, 09:47:03 AM

If you considered Carnell 100% healthy at the time he was activated I will sell you a VCR box full of rocks.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 04, 2009, 09:48:09 AM

Priceless.

Indeed and that is why the Chargers are in the playoffs while our Bucs are home.  They know how to use talent and spot it.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 04, 2009, 09:49:53 AM

That is not a police report. � Obviously the police were never called. �
Somewhere there was a link that said the cops had their tasers pointed at Davis in the parking lot.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 04, 2009, 09:50:01 AM

If you considered Carnell 100% healthy at the time he was activated I will sell you a VCR box full of rocks.

I don't know if he was or he wasn't, but then again what I or you think doesn't matter.  The doctors, trainers, coaches, and front office all thought he was, so he was activated.

So you don't have 2 halfbacks that were injured, do you?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 04, 2009, 09:51:36 AM

Priceless.

Indeed and that is why the Chargers are in the playoffs while our Bucs are home.  They know how to use talent and spot it.

Indeed.

Hopefully the Buccaneer organization can overcome the history-changing mistake of cutting The Legend of Michael Bennett.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 04, 2009, 09:50:26 AM

What do the fullbacks have to do with your boy Bennett?  Is he an All-Pro fullback now as well?

Graham sacrificed his body to play FB when he should have been a HB which reduced the HB options (Logically you would assume Bennett would be used at that point, but that didn't happen.  Instead the inexperienced Smith was used).

At this point you are back tracking given all the points about Bennett have been nullified in just one playoff game.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 04, 2009, 09:51:46 AM

c'mon.  there was more to this story.  bennett should have seen more time this year.  but for some reason he didnt.  you can say he's not good, but his lifetime YPC says otherwise.  you can say he couldnt learn the O, but somehow he played last year and in the preseason.  you can say that the ihop incident was the reason, but there wasnt even a criminal charge.  the guy can help a team, and we saw that in the playoffs.  something just never added up here...but thats par for the course.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 04, 2009, 09:51:52 AM

I don't know if he was or he wasn't, but then again what I or you think doesn't matter.  The doctors, trainers, coaches, and front office all thought he was, so he was activated.

So you don't have 2 halfbacks that were injured, do you?

I can see the white flag from here.

Carnell wasn't healthy when he was activate nor was Dunn.

That is two, but of course you will keep reeling.  We have the Bennett haters on the ropes, and we are not letting up.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 04, 2009, 09:53:20 AM

Priceless.

Indeed and that is why the Chargers are in the playoffs while our Bucs are home.  They know how to use talent and spot it.

Indeed.

Hopefully the Buccaneer organization can overcome the history-changing mistake of cutting The Legend of Michael Bennett.

They signed Bennett to an extension which gave the Bucs some security at the RB position heading forward at the time before they decided to cut him.

Now?

Graham - Extended yes, but coming off of an injury.
Carnell - Last year of his contract, coming off of an injury
Smith - Only player with a future beyond 2010 on the roster.
Dunn - One foot out the door already towards retirement.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 04, 2009, 09:59:40 AM

At this point you are back tracking given all the points about Bennett have been nullified in just one playoff game.

At this point, you are trying to sell bullcrap (as usual) as fact.  You are the one who brought up the fullback situation, which has absolutely nothing to do with Michael Bennett.

I can see the white flag from here.

Carnell wasn't healthy when he was activate nor was Dunn.

That is two, but of course you will keep reeling.  We have the Bennett haters on the ropes, and we are not letting up.

Carnell and Dunn weren't healthy?  Got any proof, Doctor?  Or is this more bullcrap?

I wish I had the faculty to make crap up and then stick to as fact so I could act like someone else is losing an argument...That's cool.

They signed Bennett to an extension which gave the Bucs some security at the RB position heading forward at the time before they decided to cut him.

Now?

Graham - Extended yes, but coming off of an injury.
Carnell - Last year of his contract, coming off of an injury
Smith - Only player with a future beyond 2010 on the roster.
Dunn - One foot out the door already towards retirement.

There is plenty of time to address the RB position.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 04, 2009, 10:02:41 AM

At this point, you are trying to sell bullcrap (as usual) as fact.  You are the one who brought up the fullback situation, which has absolutely nothing to do with Michael Bennett.

I already responded to this on the first page, but given you have a tendency to not read a thread from start to finish I will start again.  The Bucs had HB shortages due to injury and Askew wasn't completely back.  Instead of activating Bennett they used Clifton smith to pair with Dunn, and he generated mixed results (eg good YPC, but fumbles).

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 04, 2009, 10:03:28 AM

Carnell and Dunn weren't healthy?  Got any proof, Doctor?  Or is this more bullcrap?

Do you have proof that they were healthy?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Truth about Michael Bennett and Anthony Davis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools