Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TW/Bright House canceling 18 channels! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#45 : January 01, 2009, 04:09:31 PM

Oh yea and Hugh Laurie is the man! He is hilarious, and a great actor. For some reason I like him better with his american accent though. I didnt even know he wasnt from America until I saw him talking on Jay Leno one time and it compeltely freaked me out.
LMAO... I 100% agree. The first time I saw him talk regularly, it scared the hell out of me. Seriously the guy is an excellent actor and is friggin hilarious.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#46 : January 01, 2009, 10:48:33 PM

MJS or anyone familiar with Fios, my Directv contract is up in Feb and I have been considering Fios as a replacement. I'm not considering Brighthouse for many of the reasons listed above including the serious compression they use in HD. The reason I may switch to Fios is because they apparently have way more movie channels than Dtv now. My only issue is going to be price. I have the Premier package with Dtv which has all of the movie channels, DVR,  and HD access for $145.  I only run HD in the living room and have three other standard definition boxes. How much is something like that going to run me with Fios? I haven't been able to get a straight answer from them as to what happens after the year promotion runs out.  I also have a verizon home phone line that I have on put on vacation for year and DSL that I was hoping to switch over to fiber.  The pricing on the websites are too vague. I was just hoping for some real-world feedback, not Verizon customer service promises.

I had directv forever and I was happy with them but FIOS was the new hotness, so I went ahead and bundled up my internet, phone, and TV through them. TV service was okay, not too bad at all - but then my multi-room dvr died...and I had to deal with their customer service - worst hour of my life....then I had to call them back multiple times and they kept getting everything wrong...then they screwed up my bill...I eventually got so fed up with them I told them to stick it up their arse and went back to directv...all I have with them is the internet now...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#47 : January 02, 2009, 06:30:49 PM

Ronde REJOICE.  We have FSn - Florida now.  MORE MAGIC GAMES!!!!!!!!!

#48 : January 02, 2009, 07:50:54 PM

no shyt!? are you serious? hallelujah!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 02, 2009, 08:18:19 PM

no shyt!? are you serious? hallelujah!

Yeah, read in the paper today.  Not only did Brighthouse come up with a deal with Viacom, they also added FSN - FL. 

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv/orl-cable0209jan02,0,6117978.story

Dora can stop crying, SpongeBob is no longer freaking out and Orlando Magic fans have a new reason to celebrate the new year.

Orlando-area cable provider Bright House Networks agreed early Thursday to add Fox Sports Network Florida to its standard-programming lineup, ending a 16-month stalemate that left most of Central Florida unable to see many Magic games.

Meanwhile, a separate dispute that threatened to yank 19 cable channels from Bright House subscribers one minute into the new year instead ended with a pact that will keep on the air such popular programming as The Daily Show With Jon Stewart and Dora the Explorer.

The FSN Florida deal will let Bright House customers view the Magic's first televised game of 2009 -- at 7 tonight against the Miami Heat -- as well as 28 other games this season.

#50 : January 02, 2009, 08:35:17 PM

cool Miami v Oralndo is on FSN and Im recording it right now. Its baout time, this shouldve got done well over a year ago
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TW/Bright House canceling 18 channels! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools