Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bama / Utah « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

: January 02, 2009, 08:56:19 PM

Damn, this game is not going the way I thought it would. I think we will see Bama start to come back, though IDK if they can stop Utah right now.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#1 : January 02, 2009, 09:05:00 PM

I know the Utah program very well. This does not suprise me. Utah is one of the elite programs in college football, people just dont know that.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 02, 2009, 09:27:12 PM

Id love to see Utah win this (despite my bowl pick 'em).  Wont surprise me to see ALA make a game out of this soon. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#3 : January 02, 2009, 09:37:53 PM

Utah is still playing very well, however Alabama is getting their feet under them fast.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 02, 2009, 09:47:26 PM

I think Bama will take this over in the 2nd half.  Really, they played about as bad as they possibly could in the 1st half (especially 1st quarter) yet they will be down by most 11 and as little as 4.

It looks like they have figured out the Utah offense, and I expect they will come out strong in the 2nd half. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 02, 2009, 09:48:21 PM

I know the Utah program very well. This does not suprise me. Utah is one of the elite programs in college football, people just dont know that.

Urban left a nice program when he went to UF.  Utah is legit, a lot better than people think anyway.  They can play with a lot of teams.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 02, 2009, 09:55:55 PM

Utah got screwed by the officials in the first half.  The ONLY TD that Bama has was on a punt return and you could count the holding/block in the back penalties with ease.
Then Utah has the ball on 3rd and 2 late in the 2nd half and clearly get the 1st down, yet gets a horrible spot.  Then they line up and shift without setting and Bama goes off-side, yet they call false start on the Utes. 

Looks pretty clear to me that the refs are just plain terrible and are really pulling for a Bama win.

I hope Utah runs the score up and throws mud in the face of the BCS so called National Championship Program.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 02, 2009, 10:45:35 PM

Boy the Sugar Bowl and the Refs sure want Bama to win badly.  Here in the 3rd qtr Bama gets a pass Intference call that is simply a joke.  The Utah defender played it as good as you can play it and the ref bails out the receiver; pathetic.

Didn't matter though since Bama missed the field goal.  Serves them right.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#8 : January 02, 2009, 10:47:00 PM

One of the best games I've seen this season - very interesting.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#9 : January 02, 2009, 10:48:00 PM

The Utah defender played it as good as you can play it and the ref bails out the receiver; pathetic.

Sure did look like a good defensive play.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 02, 2009, 10:51:14 PM

Boy the Sugar Bowl and the Refs sure want Bama to win badly.  Here in the 3rd qtr Bama gets a pass Intference call that is simply a joke.  The Utah defender played it as good as you can play it and the ref bails out the receiver; pathetic.

Didn't matter though since Bama missed the field goal.  Serves them right.

He mugged him.  No different than the PI call Utah got earlier. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 02, 2009, 10:51:43 PM

One of the best games I've seen this season - very interesting.

Will be for sure....I expect Bama to make a run, will be interesting to see if Utah can hold them off. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 02, 2009, 10:57:04 PM

Let me guess...guy holding his jersey there and guru going to come here crying it was a bad call?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 02, 2009, 11:00:12 PM

Nope........that was a very good call indeed.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#14 : January 02, 2009, 11:15:16 PM

I keep expecting Bama to make a big run and they just haven't done it yet.

Utah is definitely not going to go to sleep on them.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bama / Utah « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools