Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bama / Utah « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 03, 2009, 12:14:01 AM

And here come the questions and it didn't take long for Saban to start to get steamed at those questions. He's already pulling out every excuse as in injuries and turnovers. Said didn't execute enough which translates into saying his players weren't good enough. Said they worked on a lot of things all week in practice and players said they didn't get it done. Clearly the Alabama coaches and players thought they could just show up and lowly Utah would be so intimidated they would cower in fear and go into the fetal position to take their beating. Now he's backpedaling about statements where he disrespected Utah. Astutely, the PR guy is cutting off questioning.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 03, 2009, 12:16:02 AM

Clearly the Alabama coaches and players thought they could just show up and lowly Utah would be so intimidated they would cower in fear and go into the fetal position to take their beating.

I agree with this. Utah was clearly more prepared and hungry to win this game.  Bama thought they could show up and win.  Obviously, down 21-0, they got a reality check. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 03, 2009, 12:21:20 AM

The funny thing is that people will say that Bama lost because they didn't want to win, injuries, etc.

Yet if Utah had lost, EVERYONE would have said that is what they expected and they didn't deserve to be in the game.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 03, 2009, 12:26:58 AM

The funny thing is that people will say that Bama lost because they didn't want to win, injuries, etc.

Yet if Utah had lost, EVERYONE would have said that is what they expected and they didn't deserve to be in the game.

Well, I figured it would go one of 2 ways.  Bama would show up to prove they were an elite team, and blow Utah out.  Or, they would come out flat and not excited, and Utah would surprise them.  The latter obviously happened.  Don't get me wrong, Utah is a good team.  I still think though if they played several times, Bama would win.  And I don't even like Bama. 

Utah was the better team tonight, no question.  As  Gator fan and Urban Meyer fan, I am happy to see Utah win such a big game.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 03, 2009, 12:38:08 AM

Here is to hoping that Florida beats the Sooners bad.

Because we all know Texas will stomp The Ohio State.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 03, 2009, 01:08:41 AM

Here is to hoping that Florida beats the Sooners bad.

Finally, we can agree on something.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 03, 2009, 01:38:27 AM

Congrats Utah!!! Thank god I no longer live their... fans are unrealistic.

Bama and their pro style offense sucks, way overrated

LFO

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 03, 2009, 01:42:37 AM

Bama lives off of the left side of their line.  When they were gone, they were done.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 03, 2009, 01:47:56 AM

Bama lives off of the left side of their line.  When they were gone, they were done.

they were just overrated. They werent the defense powerhouse people claimed. They couldnt tackle... plus they are very boring to watch. 

Maybe the MWC isnt so bad after all

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#39 : January 03, 2009, 02:54:49 AM

I'm the least bit interested in college football, usually. I barely know even the top players. But the Utah-Alabama game was very interesting - kind of sloppy - and something made me very happy to see Saban lose.   Nice win by the little known Utes.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#40 : January 03, 2009, 09:26:51 AM

I love it... now we just need another SEC team to fall and everything will be right with the football world.

ACC guy?

SEC will go 6-2, with a NC win.  Book it, as OBF would say......

3rd straight NC by SEC team. 
No I'm a WAC guy... but I am rooting for Oklahoma in the national championship game. As long as the Big 10 is the worst of all then I am ok.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 03, 2009, 09:49:01 AM

they were just overrated.

That's a pretty simplistic point of view on the situation, considering one of the best players in the country didn't play for Alabama.

Alabama is a running team, that runs to the left behind Smith.  When he wasn't there, there weren't as good.  His back-up went down shortly into the game.  They played with a 3rd string LT most of the game and were relegated to throwing the ball most of the night, which they don't want to do.  The run to throw, not throw to run.

Utah was most definitely underrated, but Alabama wasn't overrated.  That's a much different game with Andre Smith.

luke99

Starter

#42 : January 03, 2009, 02:08:10 PM

First Off Saban was the Coach of the Year and his Team was prepared to play and win. They got beat by a Better faster Team who could beat any team in College Football. The other problem is that some of you think that just because it is the SEc or the Pac !o Big 12 that they must be the best.. Time for some of you to wake up and realize that there are many great players that dont get Schalarships to the big schools because they are missed.

UTAH is for real and deserve to National Championship this year.

If you put them in the BCS then they deserve to be considered for the title

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 03, 2009, 02:10:59 PM

Utah isnt UNDERRATED. Ive watched them they are not underrated cause they beat Bama.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 03, 2009, 02:12:22 PM

First Off Saban was the Coach of the Year and his Team was prepared to play and win. They got beat by a Better faster Team who could beat any team in College Football. The other problem is that some of you think that just because it is the SEc or the Pac !o Big 12 that they must be the best.. Time for some of you to wake up and realize that there are many great players that dont get Schalarships to the big schools because they are missed.

UTAH is for real and deserve to National Championship this year.

If you put them in the BCS then they deserve to be considered for the title

Weren't you the same guy pimping Hawaii last year?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bama / Utah « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools