Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IF Raheem goes to Denver who replaces him?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 02, 2009, 07:03:18 PM

Oooh, John Lynch. Interesting indeed. To use Gruden's words, that would be a "splash" hire. Wonder if Sapp would be interested in helping with the D-line then (seriously). That would definitely get the pot stirring and make headlines while getting the season-ticket holders to re-up for another year.

Yes but it would also be a non-chalant, largely romantic move with no logical thought whatsoever.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 02, 2009, 07:19:43 PM

I'm really skeptical of Marinelli as a coordinator. Sure he was a good line coach, but that's because in his heart he's just a fiery drill sargent. I'm not sure he excels at the organizational aspect and big picture thinking required when you go up the ladder. Also, his evaluation of talent in Detroit was flat out terrible.

Exactly. And its not as if his talent evaluation was that great here either. He wasn't around when Sapp was drafted, and Simeon Rice was already a gamer when we signed him. But look at who they drafted whilst he was here: Booger, Ellis Wyms, Anthony Bryant...Dewayne White could have been good but still a 1 in 4 track record is hardly stellar. Its the GM's call ultimately but the DL coach knows better than anyone what's needed in a DL in his scheme.

Wyms kicked ass for a 6th rounder

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 02, 2009, 07:26:58 PM

how about some fresh blood... I dont have any specific names but godforbid we consider a system shakeup...

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#33 : January 02, 2009, 08:09:03 PM

how about no?

how about we try to spend our 55 mil in cap money before running off good coaches, Gm and scouts?

Now your next response will either be, the Glazers dont want to spend their money or that players dont want to come play for Gruden. The truth is Bruce ALlen was smart not to foolishly spend money and hurt our future cap, and that the free agent market isnt great right now and hasnt been good for a couple years and wont be good for a couple more

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 03, 2009, 12:38:15 PM

Gus Bradley #1 choice or complete revamp of defensive philosophy and go with Mike Nolan...

You must be accountable for your actions!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 03, 2009, 01:03:37 PM

I could see Dungy coming back to Tampa to coach the D under Gruden.
And they will go back to the old uniforms.

That would be so awesome.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 03, 2009, 02:05:52 PM

how about no?

how about we try to spend our 55 mil in cap money before running off good coaches, Gm and scouts?

Now your next response will either be, the Glazers dont want to spend their money or that players dont want to come play for Gruden. The truth is Bruce ALlen was smart not to foolishly spend money and hurt our future cap, and that the free agent market isnt great right now and hasnt been good for a couple years and wont be good for a couple more

Allen is so darn smart.  I bet he is so smart that he just bought a new HDTV at a huge discount so that he can watch the play offs at home just like the rest of the Bucs franchise and us suffering fans. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IF Raheem goes to Denver who replaces him?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools