Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ironic « previous next »
Page: 1

bucfn126

Second String
: January 13, 2007, 06:58:09 AM

Isn't it ironic that the first two coaching firings came from the defensive side of the ball? Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with the Bucs letting those guys go, but come on! We have the suckiest offense in the league. Poor run game, fumbles, dropped passes, poor blocking. If Gruden doesn't blow up his offensive coaching staff I'm gonna be pissed. Especially when there are quality coaches looking for work right now.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 13, 2007, 09:53:10 AM

I agree.  It is not like Jethro did a poor job either.  I suppose you can consider Hackett a "firing" since he has not been re-signed but that is not much.  I am suprised that the entire offensive staff looks to be returning.  Unless they are waiting for Grimm to shake loose from the Steelers when a new coach is hired that is not himself or Wisenhunt.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 13, 2007, 10:01:48 AM

I don't think you blow up an entire staff.  Gruden is going into a make or break year and he doesn't need to be training a whole new staff.  Do you think that strategy is going to help Tom Coughlin save his job? All they are saying about Coughlin is that he is passing on the blame. "The buck stops..... over there!"

Gruden needs to stick with the coaches he is comfortable with and sink or swim with them. Its not going to do any good to clean house at this point and be criticized by all the Gruden haters for passing the blame.  Besides its hard for a coach going into a make or break year to find guys looking to jump on the bandwagon when its entirely possible they'll be out of a job in less than twelve months.

If there is somebody out there who looks good and will take the position you need him to take then hire him. Otherwise don't make wholesale changes just to make the fans happy for fifteen minutes before they go back to their normal complaining.  The only thing that will really please the fans in the end is winning.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 13, 2007, 10:06:44 AM

Itch

How can you say Gruden is comfortable with Muir? Becuase I sure hope not for Gruden's sake.   Do you realize what led to Tony's firing?  It was not just becuase of how he performed in the playoffs.  But the performance in the playoffs was a direct result of keeping a poor offensive coordinator.   A new good o-line coach is better than Muir IMVHO.  If the Bucs perform poorly again on offense this coming year do not look any further than Muir.

Also I do not think this is a make or break year for Gruden.  That is why I want Gruden to bring in coaches to turn the offense around for the next season and future seasons to come.  Sticking with Muir takes him down the path that led to Tony's end.  I hope Gruden is right about Muir and he is the long term answer for the o-line.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 13, 2007, 10:14:14 AM

I just said he needs to go with whoever he is comfortable with.  I don't know which coaches fit that description and which don't as far as his personal feelings or those of the offensive players.  But its too late in the game for him to be appeasing anybody else besides himself and the players.

And I don't know how anybody can think this isn't a make or break year for Gruden. That doesn't mean he has to win the Superbowl, but he has to show significant progress on the offensive side of the team.  He will not survive another disappointing season.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ironic « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools