Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem's Tampa 2 « previous next »
Page: 1

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

: January 02, 2009, 11:47:55 AM

I'm curious about Raheem's coaching style.  Is he aggressive or conservative?  Anyone know his style at Kansas State? SR?

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 02, 2009, 12:16:54 PM

i have a feeling raheems style will be more dangerous then montes, more blitzs playing the right players and more creative playcalling

fishman

Starter

#2 : January 02, 2009, 12:20:05 PM

All I've heard is he likes to blitz a lot more. Which is fine with me. I think we need to be more aggressive with our linebackers and safeties.

"The reality is we came in with a bad salary cap situation and we left with some $50 million under the cap, so it's not like we went out and spent a lot of money on players." JG

#3 : January 02, 2009, 12:34:01 PM

I heard from a Broncos fan that they're hoping to get a younger defensive minded coach........Sounds like Raheem fits the bill.

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 02, 2009, 12:48:12 PM

Ronde was asked about Raheem on his show last Tuesday and from what he said Morris is in your face, aggressive, and a bit loud. And they love him.

rpp224

Starter

#5 : January 02, 2009, 02:11:57 PM

Seems like he'll be a great transition from Monte. It'll be big shoes for him to fill, but he can do it. Hoping Denver or any other team (also hearing rumors with St. Louis) takes him away from here.

ilovebeer

Starter

#6 : January 02, 2009, 02:20:26 PM

I think we are getting a serious downgrade in play calling.  Is K-state the only place Morris has called plays?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 02, 2009, 02:24:21 PM

I think we are getting a serious downgrade in play calling.  Is K-state the only place Morris has called plays?

I don't think there's any doubt about that.  Monte's a genius.   Raheem is a rookie.   I look for the defense to stink on ice next year.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 03, 2009, 08:58:16 AM

I don't think there's any doubt about that.  Monte's a genius.   Raheem is a rookie.   I look for the defense to stink on ice next year.

I hope you're wrong dude... But, with an overhauled D-line and the possible emergence of Hayes and Black, it's not always gonna be pretty.  But it wasn't always pretty with Monte either... 

Bottom line is the Tampa 2 doesn't work if the front 4 can't bring pressure on their own, and it's a disaster if the front 4 can't bring pressure or tackle (hence the last 4 games of this season)

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem's Tampa 2 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools