Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~~~~~Official Rays 2009 season thread~~~~~~ « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 321 322 323 324

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4830 : October 22, 2009, 09:33:02 PM

Mauer has the better OBP/OPS/SLG%, so he's better.

Whew, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear he gets the nod, because the BB/K thing was a big scare for the multiple batting champ.

So simple minded. Please continue to ignore everything else I laid out for you.

Ha, Mr. BB/K graph calls me simple-minded. That's priceless.

Hey Billy Bean, primary stats are primary stats for a reason and secondary stats are secondary stats for a reason. You are trying to piss away primary stats and point to secondary stats to prove you argument, and that's moronic.

"Primary Stats" are used because 90% of the people who watch baseball aren't capable of understanding stats that say more than batting average. Does batting average factor in how many times a player walks? No.

Whatever, I'd have a better chance at teaching a rock how to swim, than getting through to you guys. Good day.

lmao.  see ya ... again

bucs90

Second String
#4831 : October 22, 2009, 09:33:52 PM

I thought you were leaving us simpletons to amuse ourselves. �Tell me though, do they have WiFi at the Trop so you can talk baseball while watching a game?

I have a 3G laptop card, I try to avoid the people who swear up and down that Garza and Shields are terrible pitchers because they have losing records. Almost sounds like this place to be honest. It's my own fault though, I should have never expected quality baseball talk on a football site.

more arbitrary and random comments to avoid the question

So you're assuming because I'm in to advanced stats that means I don't watch the games, or I base everything off of a calculator? My friend, I've seen/played more baseball in my short life than some old farts in this area have seen their entire lives.

or

I haven't watched a game this year.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4832 : October 22, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Whew, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear he gets the nod, because the BB/K thing was a big scare for the multiple batting champ.

Ha, Mr. BB/K graph calls me simple-minded.  That's priceless.

Hey Billy Bean, primary stats are primary stats for a reason and secondary stats are secondary stats for a reason.  You are trying to piss away primary stats and point to secondary stats to prove you argument, and that's moronic.

"Primary Stats" are used because 90% of the people who watch baseball aren't capable of understanding stats that say more than batting average. Does batting average factor in how many times a player walks? No.

No, OBP does - which is a secondary stat.  OBP takes into account batting average, which is primary stat.

See how that works?

Whatever, I'd have a better chance at teaching a rock how to swim, than getting through to you guys. Good day.

Hit the road, genius.  You've already promised this once in this thread.  How many more times do you need to tell yourself that.

bucs90

Second String
#4833 : October 22, 2009, 09:36:40 PM

Ha, Mr. BB/K graph calls me simple-minded. �That's priceless.

Hey Billy Bean, primary stats are primary stats for a reason and secondary stats are secondary stats for a reason. �You are trying to piss away primary stats and point to secondary stats to prove you argument, and that's moronic.

No, OBP does - which is a secondary stat. �OBP takes into account batting average, which is primary stat.

See how that works?

Not really. What does what you said even mean? OBP takes into account walks, then you say it takes into account "batting average". Which is true... so you agree?

or

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4834 : October 22, 2009, 09:37:20 PM

I thought you were leaving us simpletons to amuse ourselves. �Tell me though, do they have WiFi at the Trop so you can talk baseball while watching a game?

I have a 3G laptop card, I try to avoid the people who swear up and down that Garza and Shields are terrible pitchers because they have losing records. Almost sounds like this place to be honest. It's my own fault though, I should have never expected quality baseball talk on a football site.

So you're assuming because I'm in to advanced stats that means I don't watch the games, or I base everything off of a calculator? My friend, I've seen/played more baseball in my short life than some old farts in this area have seen their entire lives.

No, I assume you're a pompous fool who couldn't really talk baseball if his life depended on it and picked the wrong guys to try and throw his "saber"weight around at.  Or your Andrew Friedman trying to justify any poor decisions you may make in the future.  One of the two.

bucs90

Second String
#4835 : October 22, 2009, 09:38:45 PM

No, I assume you're a pompous fool who couldn't really talk baseball if his life depended on it and picked the wrong guys to try and throw his "saber"weight around at. �Or your Andrew Friedman trying to justify any poor decisions you may make in the future. �One of the two.

I can talk baseball, I've grown up on watching/playing baseball. Just because someone takes an interest into advanced statistics, doesn't mean they're morons when it comes to talking baseball outside of them.

I'd also like to add, not only am I an avid baseball fan. But I'm obsessed with the Minors (which I think stemmed from all the days of the terrible Rays teams and I was trying to find a glimmer of hope for the future), so if you want to talk Minors... I'm down.

or

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4836 : October 22, 2009, 09:43:33 PM

Not really. What does what you said even mean? OBP takes into account walks, then you say it takes into account "batting average". Which is true... so you agree?

Geez, and you calling other people simpletons?

I'll give the baseball Sesame Street explanation to the guy calling others simple minded:  Batting average and walks are primary stats.  OBP is a secondary stat that takes into account those 2 primary stats (average and walks) as well as HBP and sac flies.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4837 : October 22, 2009, 09:44:26 PM

Bucs90, are you leaving this thread or not?  I can't take the emotional roller-coaster.

bucs90

Second String
#4838 : October 22, 2009, 09:45:52 PM

Geez, and you calling other people simpletons?

I'll give the baseball Sesame Street explanation to the guy calling others simple minded: �Batting average and walks are primary stats. �OBP is a secondary stat that takes into account those 2 primary stats (average and walks) as well as HBP and sac flies.

Ok, and wouldn't you rather have the stat that accounts for more? I'm trying to explain OBP/SLG% is better all-telling stats over batting AVG, and apparently people disagree with me.

or

bucs90

Second String
#4839 : October 22, 2009, 09:46:24 PM

Bucs90, are you leaving this thread or not?  I can't take the emotional roller-coaster.

I think I'll stay now.

or

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4840 : October 22, 2009, 09:50:24 PM

No, I assume you're a pompous fool who couldn't really talk baseball if his life depended on it and picked the wrong guys to try and throw his "saber"weight around at. �Or your Andrew Friedman trying to justify any poor decisions you may make in the future. �One of the two.

I can talk baseball, I've grown up on watching/playing baseball. Just because someone takes an interest into advanced statistics, doesn't mean they're morons when it comes to talking baseball outside of them.

I'd also like to add, not only am I an avid baseball fan. But I'm obsessed with the Minors (which I think stemmed from all the days of the terrible Rays teams and I was trying to find a glimmer of hope for the future), so if you want to talk Minors... I'm down.

good, then leave your condescending attitude at home and just talk baseball here

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4841 : October 22, 2009, 09:56:16 PM

Ok, and wouldn't you rather have the stat that accounts for more? I'm trying to explain OBP/SLG% is better all-telling stats over batting AVG, and apparently people disagree with me.

The secondary stats are just that, IMO.  They offer a different perspective on the primary stats.

Bucs90, are you leaving this thread or not?� I can't take the emotional roller-coaster.

I think I'll stay now.

Cool.

I can appreciate the different viewpoint, but you might want to stay away from the "simple-minded" and the like comments.

bucs90

Second String
#4842 : October 22, 2009, 10:00:32 PM

My apologies with the attitude, just got too passionate (not saying you guys aren't) about the team. In case you haven't noticed, I act as if the players are my family. Not sure if that's good or bad?

or

LFO

Hall of Famer

#4843 : October 26, 2009, 12:40:53 AM

RJ back?

Anyway, Kaz looked great tonight....

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#4844 : October 26, 2009, 02:06:45 AM

Kazmir was worth the trade, in that we got Rodriguez who's going to be a star..  Torres the pitcher we also got should push for some middle relief help along with Howell moving back to that role..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!
Page: 1 ... 321 322 323 324
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~~~~~Official Rays 2009 season thread~~~~~~ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools