Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~~~~~Official Rays 2009 season thread~~~~~~ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 324

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 29, 2009, 08:50:11 PM

Actually, I'm not going to argue this with you, it's not worth it.

If only...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 29, 2009, 08:57:23 PM

Actually, I'm not going to argue this with you, it's not worth it.

If only...

Of course, you brought up tonight which spurned
a new convo. 
I do find it comical though that you respond just as I do, yet you act like I am the only one here.

But given the way you hand out blame with the players, I guess I am not surprised.

If you want to talk about the game, I am all for it. 

Nice though earlier, I just noticed RJ, that you edited in a "RAY" comment back there.  I was wondering when that would come.  It's your fallback for when you are getting owned in a conversation.  Typical.  I wish I had a dollar everytime RJ threw out a RAY comment, like it means anything to me.  If anything it shows me how stupid you really are. 

You are right, I am done now. There is no point in discussing with a child like yourself.  I am not going to have this turn into Escobar/Olaf Jr. where the thread doesn't get anywhere.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 30, 2009, 05:46:05 PM

Evan's getting the night off.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 29, 2009, 09:04:17 PM

Well, nice to get on the board.  Hopefully Pena can come through and...nevermind, K...

At this point I just hope Kazmir can settle in, give some innings, and hopefully the Bats can come around and have a chance to get the win.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 29, 2009, 09:21:53 PM

Of course, you brought up tonight which spurned
a new convo.�

Of course, that was after other replies from you after you were done because it wasn't worth it.  If only there was a little self-control.

I do find it comical though that you respond just as I do, yet you act like I am the only one here.

I do find it comical that you can't see the hypocrisy of continuing an argument after you said you were done...which I never did, but I don't expect you to discern that fact.

But given the way you hand out blame with the players, I guess I am not surprised.

I know, it's ridiculous to blame players who are at fault.

Nice though earlier, I just noticed RJ, that you edited in a "RAY" comment back there.� I was wondering when that would come.� It's your fallback for when you are getting owned in a conversation.� Typical.� I wish I had a dollar everytime RJ threw out a RAY comment, like it means anything to me.� If anything it shows me how stupid you really are.�

You are quick.

Evidently you saying every point made to you doesn't matter constitutes you "owning" somebody.  That's cute.

It's obvious calling you Ray doesn't bother you.  That's why you whine about it every time you're called out, Ray.

Ah, you calling somebody stupid...it wouldn't be Pewter Report without it.  But wait, I thought you find calling others names to make points laughable:

You do like to twist and call names to try and make points though, which I find laughable.  

I'm sure that quote won't matter, just like every other valid counter-point to an argument of yours.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 29, 2009, 10:13:36 PM

And no, owning you is watching you fight me over a point, then the VERY NEXT NIGHT prove my point correct by making a similar point.  That is what is ridiculous.  But I wouldn't expect you to ever admit that nor drop it. 

I didn't bother correcting your ridiculous analogies because it had proven to be useless, but here goes so you're not under the impression that you "owned" anything.

If by your logic AKi wasn't at fault last night, than Zobrist wasn't either.

Either the onus is on the fielder to make the play or the pitcher.� By your logic based on last night, AKi was not at fault because Howell put the guys on base.� Well tonight you are saying Zobrist is at fault and not Kazmir, even though Kazmir put the guys on?� That doesn't make sense.

Here, let me help:

Last night, Aki missed the play a run scored because of it.
Tonight, Kazmir throws a wild pitch, a run scores because of it.
Tonight, Zobrist misses a catchable ball, a run scores because of it.

The second Kaz wild pitch I will say Navy should have caught (or blocked better), but Kaz didn't cover properly either.� Probably both had a hand in that.� But the 1st wild pitch was awful, no better than 50/50 (of that) a good catcher makes that play.

Last night - Aki could have a made a tough play to save Howell's screw-ups.
Tonight - Aki could have made a tough play to save Zobrist's screw-up of not calling the ball.  That wouldn't have been a tough physical play for Zobrist to make, he just made a mental mistake.
Tonight - Navy could have made tough play to save Kazmir's wild pitch, but he didn't.  Should he have?  Sure, but Kaz is where the blame goes.

Bayfisher said it best - "Last Say Ray"

You are getting closer, RJ.

If Zobrist cost a run, Aki cost a run. Both could have saved runs and didn't.   It's fairly simple.  Admit it and move on.

Bayfisher?  LOL.  Yeah, a great source.  I wish I had a dollar every time you incorrectly said my name.  I would be rich.

I do find it funny though..the whole last say thing.  So every time we talk, if I don't respond would that mean you are "last say RJ?"

I say what I want, when I want, to whomever I want.  When I feel there is nothing left to be said, I will stop.  You are right though, I should stop trying to convince an idiot.  It almost never works, or, he wouldn't be an idiot to begin with.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#21 : February 23, 2009, 08:36:46 PM

Share thoughts and Ideas about the Rays season here.

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#22 : February 23, 2009, 09:19:15 PM

Here's to hoping Ben Zobrist doesn't need his OF glove this year.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 29, 2009, 09:18:57 PM

The Rays will finish 3rd or 4th in the East with 83 wins.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 24, 2009, 03:15:00 PM

I'm not sure how sending the best SP prospect in MLB, who was dominate when he came up to the big league club last season, down to AAA so two lesser pitchers can battle it out for the 5th spot in the rotation is in the best interest of the team.

I'd also reserve my opinion that the bullpen has been "upgraded" seeing as though the only real weak spot (if you will) was the closer and we addressed that by signing a 36 year old RP that is coming off a majorly disappointing, injury riddled year and with the return of a RP that faded in the second half due to injuries and is coming off back surgery.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 24, 2009, 02:01:33 PM

Reid Brignac is very close.

Close to what? 

He looked awful in his brief appearance last season.

We upgrade the bullpen by adding Nelson, Isringhausen, and replacing Miller with an upgrade in Choate.

Choate? How is he an upgrade?

Do you mean Shouse?

#26 : February 24, 2009, 01:52:38 PM

Good back-up bench players signed this off season - ESPN analysts say the Rays have improved on their team since last WS.

Its really no surprise. Everyone knoew in 2008 that no matter how much we were exceeding expectations, we were going ot be bette rin 2009. 2009 was supposed to be the jumpoff year. David Price is ready. Niemann is ready. Wade Davis will be ready in a matter of months. Garza and Shields are settling in. Longoria has arrived (a little sooner than expected). Reid Brignac is very close. Everyone knew everything would be coming together in 2009, and that our window would begin to open at that point. Nobody couldve known that the window would actually begin opening last year.

We upgrade (bigtime) on Edwin Jackson with the addition of Price

We upgrade the bullpen by adding Nelson, Isringhausen, and replacing Miller with an upgrade in Choate.

Then you add to that the additon of Burrell, and even Gabe Kapler and Adam Kennedy and Morgan Ensberg and this team has to improve

Oh yea and Upton, Crawford and pena are all poised for bounce back seasons

Only problem is, Boston and New yOrk will both be better and we might win less games even tjhough we are a better team this year.  Should be fun

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#27 : February 24, 2009, 01:17:13 PM

Im excited I can't wait for David Price.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 24, 2009, 04:27:07 PM

Good ol' Dusty ...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 24, 2009, 04:07:43 PM

Reds: Edinson Volquez, Johnny Cueto, Homer Bailey

Dusty isn't wasting anytime getting his studs on the hill.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 324
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~~~~~Official Rays 2009 season thread~~~~~~ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools