Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~~~~~Official Rays 2009 season thread~~~~~~ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 324

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 24, 2009, 03:23:42 PM

Pitching lists for first few games:

Here are the pitching lists:

Wednesday, vs. Reds
Rays: Carlos Hernandez, Jason Hammel, Randy Choate, Lance Cormier, J.P. Howell, Neal Frontz, Mitch Talbot
Reds: Edinson Volquez, Johnny Cueto, Homer Bailey

Thursday, at Yankees
Rays: Wade Davis, Winston Abreu, Calvin Medlock, Chad Orvella, Dale Thayer, Julio DePaula
Yankees: Phil Hughes, Phil Coke, Brian Bruney, Damaso Marte, Jonathan Albaladejo, Mark Melancon

Friday, vs. Red Sox
Rays: Jeff Niemann, Jason Childers, Jason Cromer, James Houser, Derek Rodriguez, Brian Shouse
Red Sox: Michael Bowden

Line up for Wednesday's ST opener:

As for Wednesday's opener:

Jason Bartlett, ss
Carl Crawford, lf
Evan Longoria, 3b
Pat Burrell, dh
Willy Aybar, 1b
Dioner Navarro, c
Ben Zobrist, 2b
Gross, rf
Perez, cf

Also some other comments from Sternberg regarding the lack of "flexibility" for in season moves. 

http://blogs.tampabay.com/rays/

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 24, 2009, 03:53:52 PM

Wednesday, vs. Reds
Rays: Carlos Hernandez, Jason Hammel, Randy Choate, Lance Cormier, J.P. Howell, Neal Frontz, Mitch Talbot

Thursday, at Yankees
Rays: Wade Davis, Winston Abreu, Calvin Medlock, Chad Orvella, Dale Thayer, Julio DePaula
Yankees: Phil Hughes, Phil Coke, Brian Bruney, Damaso Marte, Jonathan Albaladejo, Mark Melancon

Friday, vs. Red Sox
Rays: Jeff Niemann, Jason Childers, Jason Cromer, James Houser, Derek Rodriguez, Brian Shouse

Jason Bartlett, ss
Carl Crawford, lf
Evan Longoria, 3b
Pat Burrell, dh
Willy Aybar, 1b
Dioner Navarro, c
Ben Zobrist, 2b
Gross, rf
Perez, cf

Also some other comments from Sternberg regarding the lack of "flexibility" for in season moves.

Any word on saturdays starters?

Not that I've seen other than Burrell will be playing ...

and Juan Salas has been dealt to the Indians for minor leaguer ...

Salas dealt to Indians
Posted February 19, 2009 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Feb 19, 2009 at 04:00 PM

PORT CHARLOTTE—The Rays found a way to get something back for RHP Juan Salas, who was designated for assignment last week, by trading him to Cleveland today.

The Rays receive 2B Isaias Velasquez from the Indians. The 20-year-old from Panama was named to the New York-Penn League All-Star Team at Mahoning Valley, where he batted .281 in 64 games.

Salas probably would have been claimed off waivers if it got to that point, so I’m sure the Rays are pleased to at least get something in return.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#32 : February 24, 2009, 03:48:20 PM

Wednesday, vs. Reds

Thursday, at Yankees

Friday, vs. Red Sox

Jason Bartlett, ss
Carl Crawford, lf
Evan Longoria, 3b
Pat Burrell, dh
Willy Aybar, 1b
Dioner Navarro, c
Ben Zobrist, 2b
Gross, rf
Perez, cf

Any word on saturdays starters?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 24, 2009, 05:01:36 PM

I guess Wood and Prior blowing their arms out didn't change Dusty's philosophies too much....

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#34 : February 24, 2009, 05:16:46 PM

Just found out Mitch Talbot will be starting Saturdays game against the Phillies

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 24, 2009, 05:21:06 PM

Just found out Mitch Talbot will be starting Saturdays game against the Phillies

lucky me

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 24, 2009, 05:20:42 PM

I guess Wood and Prior blowing their arms out didn't change Dusty's philosophies too much....

Nope

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 24, 2009, 06:14:21 PM

I'm not sure how sending the best SP prospect in MLB, who was dominate when he came up to the big league club last season, down to AAA so two lesser pitchers can battle it out for the 5th spot in the rotation is in the best interest of the team.

I'd also reserve my opinion that the bullpen has been "upgraded" seeing as though the only real weak spot (if you will) was the closer and we addressed that by signing a 36 year old RP that is coming off a majorly disappointing, injury riddled year and with the return of a RP that faded in the second half due to injuries and is coming off back surgery.
And that is the worst portion of any Rays view - if several players fail they will have bullpen issues.  It could be worse ;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 24, 2009, 06:55:05 PM

lucky me

Im going to try to get berm tix.

I'll be there in the stands.  I have tix to Thursday's game at Legend's, but I have to give them up.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#39 : February 24, 2009, 06:29:43 PM

lucky me

Im going to try to get berm tix.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 28, 2009, 10:49:47 PM

Ok, walk works...now Aki in scoring position for CC. 

Hopefully he can not only get a hit, but run the bases well at the same time....

Of course, a HR would work then no worries....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 25, 2009, 04:11:49 PM

This sounds familiar.

"Gabe Gross made their first error, misplaying a sinking liner by Edwin Encarnacion."

Rays lose 7-0.  Choate and Talbot give up bombs.  Not much hitting.  Sounds like traffic was a disaster for opening day

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 25, 2009, 02:56:19 PM

Choate get's rocked for 5 runs today.. Durham bound much.. [banghead]

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 25, 2009, 04:50:23 PM

Choate get's rocked for 5 runs today.. Durham bound much.. [banghead]

I heard Choate was an upgrade earlier in this thread.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 25, 2009, 08:13:15 PM

I'm watching the Red Sox/Twins game on MLB Network, and the Red Sux COO is offering special deals to Yankees and Rays games in Fenway.

I just love being thrown into the same group as the might Yankees in the Red Sux organization's mind.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 324
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~~~~~Official Rays 2009 season thread~~~~~~ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools