Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another one and done for Dungy! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 04, 2009, 12:42:45 AM

That game was poorly coached by the Colts coaching staff.   No way they should have lost that game.

kmitchell

Starter

#16 : January 04, 2009, 01:09:00 AM

I don't know if it's possible, but the Bucs' FO should do everything they can to get their hands on Sproles. That kid can ball.

Sproles isn't going anywhere. The Chargers learned their lesson after letting Turner go. L.T. can't last an entire season anymore.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 04, 2009, 01:24:39 AM

FRG, gonna play the 'let's worry about our own problems' card when Almighty Tony goes down in flames again? How convenient. Would you be singing the same song if the Colts were winning it all again? I think not.
You deal your shots, you take your shots. I'm defending my current coach. When Dungy was fired, he became fair game for any true Bucs fan. But some chose him over the man still in charge. When Gruden's gone, the same will apply for him.
But Dungy does less with more than any coach around. And Cowher BTW has a better postseason record so Dungy hasn't EARNED the right to be called even with him either!

In Verner We Trust

LFO

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 04, 2009, 01:31:54 AM

But Dungy does less with more than any coach around.

I'd agree with that assessment and I don't see how anyone could argue any different.

Here, he had a great defense for many years, often we were favorites (paper champions was coined due to him basically) yet always tanked when we were in the playoffs.  He leaves, acquires a guy who when all is said and done will be a top 5 QB All-Time, in his prime, with 2 great WR, and a nice team overall...yet wins 1 super bowl. 

Dungy is a great guy and a good coach.  Bit reality is, his teams are classic underachievers. 

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#19 : January 04, 2009, 01:32:30 AM

How many Super Bowls did Shula win with that Marino guy?  Guess Shula sucked as a coach...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 04, 2009, 01:35:52 AM

He won a Super Bowl even under suspect circumstances. Beat McNair when McNair was done. Beat NE in a year Brady didn't have any receivers. Beat Rex Grossman!
Whoopdedoo. He couldn't beat McNabb, he couldn't win in the cold, couldn't beat Brady when Brady had anyone to throw to, he built a playoff legacy on beating up 10-6 teams.
The Chargers TRIED to lose this game over and over again. Sproles fumbles on the 2. Rivers forces it into double coverage multiple times. And yet he couldn't get it done.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 04, 2009, 01:37:42 AM

Shula won TWO Super Bowls. He went 32-2 over two seasons. That takes him out of any critical conversation.
But if you want to talk Marino, at what point did he have ANY of the running backs Dungy has had in Indy? Bernie Parmalee, Andra Franklin.... gimme a break.
And Marino didn't blow SB XIX. Montana was simply better.

In Verner We Trust

LFO

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 04, 2009, 01:40:46 AM

See, I don't care what Dungy does on a different team under different circumstances at a different time.  What he does has no consequence as to what happens here.  I care about what he did here.  Dungy couldn't get it done here.  He was here when we came out of the cellar, and I credit him for that,  But by the end of his tenure, he couldn't get us over the hump and was done.  We did the right thing by getting rid of him, and it paid off immediately.  Why folks want to constantly bring up what he is doing as if it is some sort of justification of what Gruden is doing and we are doing is beyond me.  The funny thing is these were all the same people who couldn't wait for Dungy to be gone.  

We will ride and die with Gruden.  Face it, and move on.  Support your team or find a new one.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 04, 2009, 01:43:46 AM

Good post, LFO. In a way, I'll be glad when Jon is gone so that this storyline can die. But one has to protect their coach. I don't care if Atilla the Hun were coaching this team. It's a loyalty issue. I too loved Tony when he was here. But yes, you support the team NOW.
I'm already counting the days until the draft, hoping that we can simply get better.

In Verner We Trust

#24 : January 04, 2009, 01:45:45 AM

It's getting to where this board just ain't worth it anymore.  So many threads hijacked back to the Gruden-pissfest.  This crap gets old after awhile.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 04, 2009, 01:47:15 AM

Good post, LFO. In a way, I'll be glad when Jon is gone so that this storyline can die. But one has to protect their coach. I don't care if Atilla the Hun were coaching this team. It's a loyalty issue. I too loved Tony when he was here. But yes, you support the team NOW.
I'm already counting the days until the draft, hoping that we can simply get better.

Maybe I am just a big optimist, but I expect big things this off season.  And if we don't go out and spend some money bringing in impact players...Gruden is absolved...it's on the Glazer's.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 04, 2009, 01:48:08 AM

You want love, prefer? Then we should tell it like it is. Sometimes the right team and the right coach don't win. We should have been in. The injuries, the bounces, the timing of Kiffin's departure, all worked against us. It happens. It's tough, but it happens. You hope for the best in 2009 and move on.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 04, 2009, 01:48:41 AM

Agreed, LFO. Ya gotta believe!

In Verner We Trust

LFO

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 04, 2009, 01:49:02 AM

It's getting to where this board just ain't worth it anymore. �So many threads hijacked back to the Gruden-pissfest. �This crap gets old after awhile.

Well, it's why I have stayed away from the RB for the most part the last year.  I don't know why I decided to start posting again....I guess i just feel someone needs to take the side of the team, our coach, and staff......

I'll probably be done again soon.  I just can't handle all the negativity and people dwelling in the past, he said she said shoudla woulda coulda if dungy were here crap.  

#29 : January 04, 2009, 01:53:34 AM

Most of the people that **CENSORED**h incessantly are probably not any better at their job than some of the coaches or players they whine about.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another one and done for Dungy! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools