Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reggie Nelson declares and is rated « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

#30 : January 14, 2007, 05:19:56 PM

I'd rather have Weddle or Merriweather in round 2 than Reggie in round one....

PoorRichard

Starter

#31 : January 14, 2007, 09:01:02 PM

He only weighs 170 lbs without his hair so he really needs to bulk up and I am just not impressed with him - he did not show the consistency Brandon Meriweather did in school.

I fell out of my chair reading this....Anybody familiar with Reggie "Freakin" Nelson knows that he was the greatest high school football prospect ever to come from the Florida High School Football system (Emmitt included) that transformed himself into the best college football player of 2006 and the best player on the best team in America. Reggie is soo far head and shoulders above Merriweather arguing the point would be a waste of time.

Normally I would agree that drafting DB at #4 is too high, but Reggie can play corner or FS, he is the best defensive playmaker in the draft and will prove to be the best player in the draft within 3-4 years. He is a ball hawk, a physical tackler and the biggest hitter at the DB position in the draft. He also is a leader and the high characeter guy the Bucs are so desperately missing. Coach Meyer has repeatedly stated that he is the best football player he has ever coached (in his entire career). He will translate into All-Pro within 3 years. You folks won't be disappointed. 

You folks should lay off Karen, while she may be a Gator Homer, she is right when it comes to Reggie.   

#32 : January 14, 2007, 09:02:17 PM

He only weighs 170 lbs without his hair so he really needs to bulk up and I am just not impressed with him - he did not show the consistency Brandon Meriweather did in school.

I fell out of my chair reading this....Anybody familiar with Reggie "Freakin" Nelson knows that was the greatest high school football prospect ever to come from the Florida High School system (Emmitt included) that transformed himself into the best college football player of 2006 and the best player in the best team in America. Reggie is soo far head and shoulders above Merriweather arguing the point would be a waste of time.

Normally I would agree that drafting DB at #4 is too high, but Reggie can play corner or FS, he is the best defensive playmaker in the draft and will prove to be the best player in the draft within 3-4 years. You folks won't be disappointed.
Ever hear of Deion Sanders? Tommie Frazier? No chance in hell Reggie Nelson is the 2nd best HS prospect in Florida history, and no way I'd take him four.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#33 : January 14, 2007, 09:08:28 PM

Good thing you don't pick the draft, RJ.  For all of you guys on me for thinking Florida has great players, how about you bash somebody else?  Or you just save it for me?

PoorRichard

Starter

#34 : January 14, 2007, 09:10:39 PM

If you have followed recruiting for the last 20 years and know the scouts on the circuit their is a strong (not unanimous, but very strong) consensus that Reggis is the best prospect in the history of the State.

Deon and Tommy turned out to be some of the greatest college and pro (Deon) players ever, but they werent nearly as highly regarded coming out of high school.

Would you take Ed Reed at 4?? Of course you would. Think Ed Reed, but a more natural and fluid player.

#35 : January 14, 2007, 09:13:15 PM

If you have followed recruiting for the last 20 years and know the scouts on the circuit their is a strong (not unanimous, but very strong) consensus that Reggis is the best prospect in the history of the State.

Deon and Tommy turned out to be some of the greatest college and pro (Deon) players ever, but they werent nearly as highly regarded coming out of high school.

Would you take Ed Reed at 4?? Of course you would. Think Ed Reed, but a more natural and fluid player.
Reggie Nelson isn't Ed Reed, and I haven't followed scouting for that long, I'd take your word but that just sounds outlandish....
Good thing you don't pick the draft, RJ. For all of you guys on me for thinking Florida has great players, how about you bash somebody else? Or you just save it for me?
What are you talking about? I wouldn't pick Reggie 4..no way...CJ, Thomas, and Anderson are all much more imporant to the Bucs than a S/CB.

PoorRichard

Starter

#36 : January 14, 2007, 09:19:17 PM

There is nothing outlandish about that statement if you actually watched this guy play. There is a reason the Gators won the championship. Reggie played the 1-deep safety and kept teams out of the endzone all year. In the cover-2 he would bring the Bucs back within the top half of the league in scoring D within his 1st season.

He is better then Ed Reed.

The Bucs would be wasting their pick on CJ, Joe Thomas or any other offensive player. If they draft CJ just fire Gruden right away b/c he won't make this team better. Gaines looks good but his bust potential is high. The Louisville DT looks good but is only 19, he is 3-4 years away.

All Bucs fans should know that Super Bowl Championships are won by keeping the other team out of the end zone.

#37 : January 14, 2007, 09:23:10 PM

There is nothing outlandish about that statement if you actually watched this guy play. There is a reason the Gators won the championship. Reggie played the 1-deep safety and kept teams out of the endzone all year. In the cover-2 he would bring the Bucs back within the top half of the league in scoring D within his 1st season.

The Bucs would be wasting their pick on CJ, Joe Thomas or any other offensive player. If they draft CJ just fire Gruden right away b/c he won't make this team better. Gaines looks good but his bust potential is high. The Louisville DT looks good but is only 19, he is 3-4 years away.

All Bucs fans should know that Super Bowl Championships are won by keeping the other team out of the end zone.
I've seen him play, sorry but considering the aflux of talent from this state the last 20 years he's not that clear cut. Reggie Nelson at four is laughable for this team, there is a reason why we've never needed a first round DB to be good defensively. Also Joe Thomas' impact on the team > Reggie Nelson's

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 14, 2007, 09:58:17 PM

Yes, I do know some folks who scout for a living.  No they haven't mentioned Reggie.  Yes, I do like watching Reggie play - no the bucs don't use high draft choices for safeties.  This year the bucs are very likely to be all about linemen until round 4, Reggie is not gonna be there in round 4, but if he is the bucs should take him.

PS - no safety is gonna look good for the bucs until the pass rush is restored.  Just a fact.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 14, 2007, 11:23:31 PM

PoorRichard you have to be kidding me as no way Reggie was the best high school recruit EVER.  Second no way you can sit here and even think for a spilt second that he is better than Ed Reed.  Ed Reed is a Pro-Bowl Safety while Reggie Nelson is what, a first team All-American COLLEGE player.  Reggie cannot play corner as this is just ridiculous.  Deion Sanders is probably one of the best if not the best football players to come out of this state and Florida State and Miami have had much better DB's than Reggie Nelson.  Ever hear of LeRoy Butler or Terrell Buckley?  I know you must be a FU homer but please get a clue and know what you are talking about before making a fool of yourself.  If Reggie is the so-called greatest player to play in Florida please show me the link - you opened your mouth so put up or shut up.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 14, 2007, 11:29:27 PM

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=9872&Sport=1

Rivals had Reggie Nelson as the 12 best player in FL in 2003. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 14, 2007, 11:30:12 PM

Well we had a first round talent at every position...too bad the man has to keep Brackins down.

LOL!   

#42 : January 14, 2007, 11:30:34 PM

LeeroyBuc's link = DEBATE OVER.

#43 : January 14, 2007, 11:33:54 PM

Well we had a first round talent at every position...too bad the man has to keep Brackins down.

LOL!   
You know it's true....

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#44 : January 15, 2007, 10:50:54 AM

I still believe he would be a significant upgrade over Allen or Phillips.  This team needs talent upgrades all over the place.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reggie Nelson declares and is rated « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools