Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reggie Nelson declares and is rated « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

#45 : January 15, 2007, 10:59:55 AM

I still believe he would be a significant upgrade over Allen or Phillips.  This team needs talent upgrades all over the place.
So would Ken Hamlin, he probably would but taking a S at 4 isn't happening, taking a S in round one isn't happening.

#46 : January 15, 2007, 11:16:44 AM

One of the following -Nelson, Weddle or Meriweather could be there in the 2nd but as was already stated, it would be better spent on DL. If they think one of the DBs currently on the roster can make a successful move to S, no need to even draft one imo....OL & DL, it starts there.

#47 : January 15, 2007, 11:17:45 AM

One of the following -Nelson, Weddle or Meriweather could be there in the 2nd but as was already stated, it would be better spent on DL. If they think one of the DBs currently on the roster can make a successful move to S, no need to even draft one imo....OL & DL, it starts there.
Agreed.

PoorRichard

Starter

#48 : January 15, 2007, 11:44:06 AM

PoorRichard you have to be kidding me as no way Reggie was the best high school recruit EVER. Second no way you can sit here and even think for a spilt second that he is better than Ed Reed. Ed Reed is a Pro-Bowl Safety while Reggie Nelson is what, a first team All-American COLLEGE player. Reggie cannot play corner as this is just ridiculous. Deion Sanders is probably one of the best if not the best football players to come out of this state and Florida State and Miami have had much better DB's than Reggie Nelson. Ever hear of LeRoy Butler or Terrell Buckley? I know you must be a FU homer but please get a clue and know what you are talking about before making a fool of yourself. If Reggie is the so-called greatest player to play in Florida please show me the link - you opened your mouth so put up or shut up.

Samari you are a fool. Two things are obvious from your statements. One, you are a fool. Two, you havent seen a football game sober in a decade. Anybody that lists Rivals as credible recruiting source absolutely knows nothing about high school football. Rivals reputation for boosting the star ratings of players that sign with their flagship schools is undeniable. Thus, the emergence of Scout was made possible through Rivals reputation for dishonesty in the recruiting community. The fact that you never heard of Reggie until this year tells me all I need to know about you and your credibility. You should know Reggie b/c FSU pulled every trick out of the book to get this kid. He was much more highly regarded coming out of high school then any of the players that you listed. Let me ask you this -- how many of those guys did you actually see play high school ball?? Thats what I thought, fool.

The fact that you think Reggie can't play corner (his natural position) and is not the most physical defensive back shows you are just arguing to make up for your lack of knowledge in this area.  He is the ideal defensive back for the cover 2.

Just because the Bucs have not spent such a high pick on defensive back doesn't mean that they shouldn't now or won't in April. To think that you believe Calvin is a good choice (despite the fact that you really know nothing about him) tells me you are just one of the drunken masses. Have you ever watched the New England Patriots play?? WRs bring little to no value to NFL teams. They can be picked up off the waiver wire in June and still dominate their respective positions (see 2002 Super Bowl Champs). You want to draft Joe Thomas even though this teams history of evaluating o-lineman is pitiful. The bust potential for Joe Thomas is higher then any other player in the draft. Maybe he will be good. But is a rookie LT what this team needs?? NO. That position should be addressed in FA. How many spleens do you want to see ruptured next year??

Defense must be the pick. Reggie enters as a junior at #15 overall. He will work his way into the top 10 by April. The Bucs should try to trade down 4-5 spots, get an extra pick and take this guy. If not D-line is a must.

In the future stop with your attacks on people that are just stating opinions. Especially people that have some first hand knowledge. You are the biggest type of idiot. The kind of jack*** that makes these boards go to crap. Let me guess, the school yard bully that got punched in the nose and never recovered?? But now you found the message boards..

#49 : January 15, 2007, 11:46:19 AM

PoorRichard you have to be kidding me as no way Reggie was the best high school recruit EVER. Second no way you can sit here and even think for a spilt second that he is better than Ed Reed. Ed Reed is a Pro-Bowl Safety while Reggie Nelson is what, a first team All-American COLLEGE player. Reggie cannot play corner as this is just ridiculous. Deion Sanders is probably one of the best if not the best football players to come out of this state and Florida State and Miami have had much better DB's than Reggie Nelson. Ever hear of LeRoy Butler or Terrell Buckley? I know you must be a FU homer but please get a clue and know what you are talking about before making a fool of yourself. If Reggie is the so-called greatest player to play in Florida please show me the link - you opened your mouth so put up or shut up.

Samari you are a fool. Two things are obvious from your statements. One, you are a fool. Two, you havent seen a football game sober in a decade. Anybody that lists Rivals as credible recruiting source absolutely knows nothing about high school football. Rivals reputation for boosting the star ratings of players that sign with their flagship schools is undeniable. Thus, the emergence of Scout was made possible through Rivals reputation for dishonesty in the recruiting community. The fact that you never heard of Reggie until this year tells me all I need to know about you and your credibility. You should know Reggie b/c FSU pulled every trick out of the book to get this kid. He was much more highly regarded coming out of high school then any of the players that you listed. Let me ask you this -- how many of those guys did you actually see play high school ball?? Thats what I thought, fool.

The fact that you think Reggie can't play corner (his natural position) and is not the most physical defensive back shows you are just arguing to make up for your lack of knowledge in this area.  He is the ideal defensive back for the cover 2.

Just because the Bucs have not spent such a high pick on defensive back doesn't mean that they shouldn't now or won't in April. To think that you believe Calvin is a good choice (despite the fact that you really know nothing about him) tells me you are just one of the drunken masses. Have you ever watched the New England Patriots play?? WRs bring little to no value to NFL teams. They can be picked up off the waiver wire in June and still dominate their respective positions (see 2002 Super Bowl Champs). You want to draft Joe Thomas even though this teams history of evaluating o-lineman is pitiful. The bust potential for Joe Thomas is higher then any other player in the draft. Maybe he will be good. But is a rookie LT what this team needs?? NO. That position should be addressed in FA. How many spleens do you want to see ruptured next year??

Defense must be the pick. Reggie enters as a junior at #15 overall. He will work his way into the top 10 by April. The Bucs should try to trade down 4-5 spots, get an extra pick and take this guy. If not D-line is a must.

In the future stop with your attacks on people that are just stating opinions. Especially people that have some first hand knowledge. You are the biggest type of idiot. The kind of jack*** that makes these boards go to crap. Let me guess, the school yard bully that got punched in the nose and never recovered?? But now you found the message boards..
1. Now, how about that link that shows he wasn't in the top 10 coming out of HS?
2. We don't draft first round DBs, get over it, not happening, we don't need 'OMG AMAZING' talents to succeed in this system, look at P-Buc, yes he was a first round pick, not by us, he was on the streets, came in and did a hell of a job, DL / OL need more work than DB.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#50 : January 15, 2007, 11:59:56 AM

as 15th on NFL draft link...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/top64.php?draftyear=2007

If that's true, would someone please draft him for me....he's defense...he's a playmaker...he's aBuc????
What do ya think guys? :o

The Bucs D has never needed first round secondary talent in the past, why start now. Fix the D-line, pressure the QB, and everything else will follow.
Yes Bucs D is driven by the D-line.  In the postseason press conference, Gruden was practically in tears about how we couldn't get pressure on the QB.  What was he in tears about the year before?  Opening holes in the running game.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#51 : January 15, 2007, 04:50:00 PM

Poor Ricky it is amazing all your rants came out of my little post yet half the stuff you talked about I never even said so who loses credibility here?  Where is your so called link with him being the best athlete out of Florida?  By the way I do not drink so the whole sober thing is amusing - grow up.  You want to talk about watching players well yeah you are right I did not sit in front of a TV and watch players - I PLAYED so you might have this on me.  For you to even compare Reggie Nelson to Ed Reed is a joke.  Who cares that a high school kid could play CB coming into college - I still do not see him being a CB and you are right I do not watch many CROC games as I would have to be drunk to watch them.  You sit here and get all pissy because I don't agree with your obvious man crush on Reggie Nelson and rather than take it as another opinion you think it is totally wrong.  I am not sure you would find any other person on this MB that believes Reggie Nelson is better than Deion Sanders, LeRoy Butler or Ed Reed so again lets see the link as you opened your mouth so put your reputation on the line here.  The difference between you and me is that I don't open my mouth and rant about a certain player just because I follow the school.  I keep an open mind - yes Reggie would be a good safety but no way is he top 10 as he is not an Ed Reed, LeRoy Butler, John Lynch, Ronnie Lott, Darren Woodson, Sean Taylor or Roy Williams for that matter.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#52 : January 15, 2007, 06:05:34 PM

Karen

Here is the deal, YES I HATE the CROCS but when it comes to the Bucs I really do not care where someone went to college as I just want the best available players to make us a Super Bowl team. You do not see me sitting here saying oh lets draft all Florida State kids just because FSU is my team. College awards are so overrated it is crazy as who was the last Heisman Trophy winner to really do much in the NFL other than Reggie Bush? LaDainian Tomlinson is the best player in the NFL - did he win the Heisman - NO. All I am saying is this, not all your CROC players are great and not all will even be good in the NFL. In my opinion Caldwell will be average at best. Both your DE's will be spot players as in my opinion they are too small, I am not impressed by any of the LB's and Reggie is the best DB player your team has. Chris Leak and Percy Harvin are your best offensive players. I am not impressed with what I see out of Tebow as I think he is all hype and will never develop but hey he could prove me wrong. Just because I do not agree with you, you get something up your butt and feel like you have to call me names - go ahead but grow up!! This is the reason why NOBODY takes you serious as you really do not know as much about football as you think you do. Yeah, you can sit here and say he is good, he is bad but all you ever say is Florida players are great and everybody else, other than Alstott, suck. If you ever want to have a real debate I am game but I am not going to lower myself to your level and start name calling as I have too much self respect to stoop to your level. From this point on I will never respond to one of your childish posts unless it has some adult like discussion and is legitimate.

Jeez, this post fuels of FSU homerism and UF hate.  Are you ever able to be objective about anything?  You aren't impressed with Siler or Everett, but I bet you are with FSU LB's right?  Reggie is no good, and Moss/Harvey both stink as well.  Caldwell isn't even entering the draft so I am not sure why he is even brought up. Tebow?  WHat does he have to do with anything either?  And All hype huh?  If All hype is making a big impact on the team that won the NC I will take that all day long.  The guy is a playmaker and once he is given the reigns next year I expect to see you say "I was wrong about Tebow."  Not sure what you see about him that leads you to beleive he is all hype. Guy wasn't asked to throw much but when he did he completed 67% with a 10.3 average and 5 TD with 1 INT.  Also ran in another 8-9 scores and countless short yardage money plays.  Yeah, he is all hype though.  I guess he is no Drew Weatherford, who I was criticized by you FSU homers for saying before the season he wouldn't be a Heisman QB and wouldn't make it in the NFL.  I got the last laugh there for sure.

And that is real cute referring to UF as FU.  Really makes your point!

Actually it makes your arguments look like weak little FSU homer, UF hate filled blather.

I am not sure Reggie is the best player out of Florida ever, as there have been some great ones including the GREAT Emmitt Smith (who for my money is #1, maybe followed by Deion), but he is a DAMN good player and will likely (and should be) the 1st safety off the board. Merriweather did not have a good year and with his attitude/thug mentality will likely drop regardless of his regression on the field.  We could use a safety but short of trading down 10 slots or so I don't think we should take Reggie.  But to bash a guy who is arguably the best DB coming out this year is just assinine.

And also, for what it's worth (to the guy who said so) I don't believe Merriweather was the guy swinging his helmet...he was just the guy stomping some dude on the ground.  Makes a little difference I guess.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#53 : January 16, 2007, 03:55:36 PM

As a Gator, I'm totally biased, but I don't believe Florida would be National Champions without Reggie. He showed great speed, ball hawking ability, he was a vicious hitter, and a demanding leader.

He had a fantastic season.

With that said, he's not a top ten pick, imho. If he falls to the Bucs in the second round - I'd be all for him being in Pewter. He would be a dramatic, fantastic addition to our defense.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#54 : January 16, 2007, 03:57:07 PM

If that's true, would someone please draft him for me....he's defense...he's a playmaker...he's aBuc????

The Bucs D has never needed first round secondary talent in the past, why start now. Fix the D-line, pressure the QB, and everything else will follow.

This should be the Bucs mantra until draft day, and during free agency.  These are words to heed, and keep in mind when thinking about how the FO is looking at the issues at hand.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#55 : January 16, 2007, 05:46:56 PM

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/90944.html

Border Wars had him rated 9th in the state of Florida in 2003.  Are people who use that site idiots too?  You gotta love people who blatantly lie on here thinking people won't call them on it.  Hopefully we won't see too much of PoorRichard anymore.

#56 : January 16, 2007, 05:49:30 PM

I love how the guy brings up the Pats...and that WRs = no value..yet this is the same team that has zero first round DBs chosen.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#57 : January 16, 2007, 06:37:18 PM

Didn't you know all Gators are going to be pro bowl potential?

Don't believe me, ask Karen.

Better yet, ask the Bucs. Seems to me we had a couple of Gator wide receivers a few years back.

What a team Grossman, Earnest Graham, with Jacquez and Reidel... Im drolling

watson

Hall of Famer
#58 : January 16, 2007, 06:46:09 PM

This should be the Bucs mantra until draft day, and during free agency. These are words to heed, and keep in mind when thinking about how the FO is looking at the issues at hand.
I agree completely.....Cover 2 is fueled by the pressure the D Line puts on the QB and by stopping the run.  

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#59 : January 16, 2007, 06:49:17 PM

Didn't you know all Gators are going to be pro bowl potential?

Don't believe me, ask Karen.

Better yet, ask the Bucs. Seems to me we had a couple of Gator wide receivers a few years back.

What a team Grossman, Earnest Graham, with Jacquez and Reidel... Im drolling
Yatta at LT, Odom at RT...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reggie Nelson declares and is rated « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools