Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Fans... Are the Bulls going to pull in the biggest gamer is the country? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

#15 : January 15, 2007, 12:20:35 PM

I don't follow HS football much but I've seen Devine's highlights, and he is great. It would be great for USF if they got him.

#1bullsfan

Practice Squad

#16 : January 15, 2007, 12:28:21 PM

he probably won't be coming here considering we just landed mike ford, a 5 star RB recruit

Ford is a 4 star recruit who was ranked 18th RB coming out of HS. Right now he is ranked in the mid 40's. He is NOT a 5 star recruit.
Ray's right, not that stars or rankings really matter however.
Mike ford is a 5 star on rivals.com and 4 star on scout.com

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 15, 2007, 05:03:29 PM

Or one star all Bug East performers like George Selvie.

George Selvie was also named to the 1st team Freshman All American team.

And Matt Grothe was a 2 star recruit.

The internet isnt my source. I know Noel.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 15, 2007, 10:33:01 PM

Or one star all Bug East performers like George Selvie.

George Selvie was also named to the 1st team Freshman All American team.

And Matt Grothe was a 2 star recruit.

The internet isnt my source. I know Noel.

Why is his Myspace page full of Hurricanes' logos?

And if this whole thing is true (if its not it is a really cruel joke on us USF fans) please, please, please, let us know how serious he is about USF and when he makes up his mind...let us be the first to know.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 16, 2007, 10:14:39 PM

HAHAHAHA, there is a fake myspace account for him. He has a real one but im not going to post it because frankly I don't think its anyones business.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 16, 2007, 11:14:59 PM

Josh Newburg, who is the beat writer that covers USF recruiting and writes for Scout.com's USFNation, and comes on the Scott Brantley show every Thursday to discuss USF recruting is calling this rumor BS.

I hope he is wrong and you are right.  He said he has never even heard Devine mention USF and Jim Leavitt apparently at one point said they were not interested in him due to character issues.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

#21 : January 16, 2007, 11:16:27 PM

I can attest Canes has showed me Devine's real myspace, and it did not have any team's logo.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#22 : January 16, 2007, 11:28:15 PM

Word on the streets is he and Chris Rainey got along well at the army game and he told Chris he wants to go to UF now.

#23 : January 16, 2007, 11:30:41 PM

Word on the streets is he and Chris Rainey got along well at the army game and he told Chris he wants to go to UF now.
I heard FSU / LSU.....goodness Devine won't make up his mind until Ntl' Signing Day at this pace.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#24 : January 16, 2007, 11:37:02 PM

I heard FSU / LSU.....goodness Devine won't make up his mind until Ntl' Signing Day at this pace.

Seriously though, I think he ends up at FSU.  Deion and him are close, and Deion calls him his "son."
Apparantly FSU is the only team to offer him a scholarship...so far.

I guess the other teams are waiting for him to visit and seeing how he is before making an offer.

His list is FSU, LSU, UF, and West Virginia, with a new team in the mix....USF.  This according to scout.com

#25 : January 16, 2007, 11:40:34 PM

So it's legit then via Scout, interesting, I know his good friend (this is 'inside' info from Canes) Q- Washington is going to USF....

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 17, 2007, 05:22:50 PM

For the people who think he is going to FSU think again. Florida is considered a major option but I doubt he goes there because he wont get the ball much... Not that he is selfish just looking for his best interest(he has 2 kids...1 on the way). Look for him to go somewhere in the Big East... I have heard him talk about Rutgers, West Virginia, and USF. But I don't think Rutgers is legit so i think its a 50/50 with WV and USF(with LSU having a small chance at him). Usf having the edge considering one of his best friends Quenton Washington is committed and really excited about it... And another one of his friends Terrance Lewis is also receiving offers from USF.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#27 : January 17, 2007, 05:26:16 PM

For the people who think he is going to FSU think again. Florida is considered a major option but I doubt he goes there because he wont get the ball much... Not that he is selfish just looking for his best interest(he has 2 kids...1 on the way). Look for him to go somewhere in the Big East... I have heard him talk about Rutgers, West Virginia, and USF. But I don't think Rutgers is legit so i think its a 50/50 with WV and USF. Usf having the edge considering one of his best friends Quenton Washington is committed and really excited about it... And another one of his friends Terrance Lewis is also receiving offers from USF.

If he is good as he looks and as advertised, I don't see why he wouldn't get the ball at UF.  They are really starving for a featured back, and as good as Rainey is he won't be a guy to get the ball 25 times a game anyway.  He will be a hybrid in the likes of Harvin where they look to get him 10 touches a game or so running and receiving.  No one else on the roster at this point looks to step up and snare the role, so IF he were to go to UF I would imagine he would get plenty of opps to see action.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 17, 2007, 05:29:23 PM

For the people who think he is going to FSU think again. Florida is considered a major option but I doubt he goes there because he wont get the ball much... Not that he is selfish just looking for his best interest(he has 2 kids...1 on the way). Look for him to go somewhere in the Big East... I have heard him talk about Rutgers, West Virginia, and USF. But I don't think Rutgers is legit so i think its a 50/50 with WV and USF. Usf having the edge considering one of his best friends Quenton Washington is committed and really excited about it... And another one of his friends Terrance Lewis is also receiving offers from USF.

If he is good as he looks and as advertised, I don't see why he wouldn't get the ball at UF.  They are really starving for a featured back, and as good as Rainey is he won't be a guy to get the ball 25 times a game anyway.  He will be a hybrid in the likes of Harvin where they look to get him 10 touches a game or so running and receiving.  No one else on the roster at this point looks to step up and snare the role, so IF he were to go to UF I would imagine he would get plenty of opps to see action.

To be totally honest he isn't one of those backs you give the ball too and run up the middle and expect him to break one. He can break you outside or on short passes. O and for people who says he can't block your wrong. He is also a great kick returner(see senior bowl).

#29 : January 17, 2007, 05:30:53 PM

Ford / Grothe / Devine....I can dig it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Fans... Are the Bulls going to pull in the biggest gamer is the country? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools