Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin is dangerous « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#180 : March 23, 2009, 08:36:19 PM

All I know is that Joseph is an integral part of an OL that is young and more promising than Tampa has seen in years, i.e. he was a good pick.
Again, we've been so conditioned to terrible line play we praise jesus just because we're above average now. I'd like to see us return to the 1998 standard set by the Gruber-Diaz-Mayberry-Middleton-Odom unit when they finished #4 in rushing and #7 in fewest sacks allowed.

Harvin = position we don't need. And a pick we'd regret as he sits on the bench while our defensive front 7 gets trucked..
I'm not here to argue for or against Harvin. My position is the Bucs need a player who will be a top performer for them for the next 10 years. If that is Harvin and the Bucs think he is markedly better than Jerry, Hood, English, Davis, or whoever else, they need to take him and worry about defense next year.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#181 : March 24, 2009, 07:30:36 AM

Joseph "worked out" because as fans we had been conditioned to have such low expectations for our 1st round picks...

Geez, maybe you. I can control my own expectations, thank you.

All I know is that Joseph is an integral part of an OL that is young and more promising than Tampa has seen in years, i.e. he was a good pick.

Harvin = position we don't need. And a pick we'd regret as he sits on the bench while our defensive front 7 gets trucked..

So your telling me you are good with our current situation at WR??

Antonio Bryant- Turns it on and off whenever he pleases (out of football in 07)
Mike Clayton- 2 TDs in 4 seasons
Dexter Jackson- Still a ?
Kelly Campbell- Out of the NFL for off the field issues last season was it ?
Brian Clark- Ok?
Cortez Hankton- Ok?
Anthony Mix- Tell me when this gets better
Maurice Stovall-OK?
Paris Warren- Ok?

TE
Kellen Winslow- Dont know what version for Winslow we got here

So whats that about Harvin being in a position that we dont need

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#182 : March 24, 2009, 08:00:05 AM

im good with it.  i dont think our direction on O is the "greatest show on turf".  we've got 3 capable receivers in bryant, winslow, and clayton.  we've got speed wildcards in campbell and jackson.  and we've might even have talent in stovall.  id like to see what are we really have before spending a first on a WR.  use the pick on D imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#183 : March 24, 2009, 08:00:13 AM

..The Lions' problem isn't Calvin Johnson. The Lions' problem is all the other picks, offense and defense, who weren't BPA. If they had taken Gaines Adams instead of Johnson that would have been a complete disaster. The Bucs need the #19 pick to be great the next 10 years. If Harvin is BPA you take him over other positions with lesser talent.

BPA is subjective. We took Davin Joseph and he wasn't the BPA by any stretch, but it's worked out because he was the BPA at a position we needed on the OL, and it looks like he'll fill it for the next 10 years...
Joseph "worked out" because as fans we had been conditioned to have such low expectations for our 1st round picks. The former regime used a premium pick on a position in which teams rarely have difference makers and got an above average player. Certainly better than all the below average players the Bucs used 1st round picks on over the last 10 years, but the opportunity cost was high seeing as there were other above average guards like Jahri Evans available in the 4th, causing the Bucs to miss on good premium position players high in the draft.
To this day I don't understand the pick - and I like the player.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#184 : March 24, 2009, 08:03:43 AM

im good with it.  i dont think our direction on O is the "greatest show on turf".  we've got 3 capable receivers in bryant, winslow, and clayton.  we've got speed wildcards in campbell and jackson.  and we've might even have talent in stovall.  id like to see what are we really have before spending a first on a WR.  use the pick on D imo.
One has to ignore a lot of tape to post those conclusions. 

Anyone will give you Bryant given last year's performance. 

There is concern about Winslow's knee

Clayton?  Really - something in the past 4 years tells us that capable is an overstatement.

Campbell and Dexter Jackson - hmmm, Stovall - ugghmm - one could get the annual award from the Optimist Club for such assessments.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#185 : March 24, 2009, 08:04:13 AM

im good with it. i dont think our direction on O is the "greatest show on turf". we've got 3 capable receivers in bryant, winslow, and clayton. we've got speed wildcards in campbell and jackson. and we've might even have talent in stovall. id like to see what are we really have before spending a first on a WR. use the pick on D imo.

Not any offense Game Time...Even if we have a motivated Bryant I dont think we have enough talent in the 2-3 position recievers to remain competitive.

They are going to double up Bryant and force Clayton and a TE to beat them

If we go into this season with that...I think we are in trouble. Even if we dont go with Percy at 19 I seriously think we need to look at a Deon Butler, Louis Murphy, Branden Tate, Mike

Wallace, or maybe a Patrick Turner later on

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#186 : March 24, 2009, 08:27:54 AM

One has to ignore a lot of tape to post those conclusions. 

There is concern about Winslow's knee

Clayton?  Really - something in the past 4 years tells us that capable is an overstatement.

Campbell and Dexter Jackson - hmmm, Stovall - ugghmm - one could get the annual award from the Optimist Club for such assessments.

who is concerned about winlsows knee?  you and many posters on this board?  or the Bucs?
clayton has some pretty good tape, and are we talking coaching tape?  or FOX broadcast tape?
hmmm = wildcard, so i'll take that.
stovall i believe wasnt used properly.  but i feel that for any receiver that wasnt our primary in our past regimes offensive system.

and yeah, ill take the optimist award.  its a lot better than whining all year about how our keyboard kowboy opinions are better than our teams.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#187 : March 24, 2009, 08:30:45 AM

Not any offense Game Time...Even if we have a motivated Bryant I dont think we have enough talent in the 2-3 position recievers to remain competitive.

They are going to double up Bryant and force Clayton and a TE to beat them

its fine to disagree.  i just simply think we have talent. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#188 : December 31, 2010, 11:20:11 PM

For those that enjoy the old threads, this one is money.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#189 : January 01, 2011, 03:10:48 AM

Reggie Bush, Jr.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#190 : January 01, 2011, 08:36:46 AM

Because he scores off a TD that close to the EZ?

Pass, I would trade up to get Bradford before Harvin.

LOL, Harvin is the man. Dude is going to be tits on the next level

Bradford is garbage. As I said in another thread, any college QB who gets calls from the sideline loses cred with me. The OC is reading coverage, not Bradford. The kid won't amount to anything in the NFL
Ha.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#191 : January 01, 2011, 09:19:18 AM

This was a good one.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#192 : January 01, 2011, 01:23:31 PM

What a difference a couple of years make. If I remember correctly, my thinking at the time was that Harvin was a good player, but he would have been a luxury pick for a team that needed little else, which wasn't us. My opinion of the Bucs at the time was that we were old and had the talent to sometimes make the playoffs, but that we would be nothing more than first-round fodder if we qualified for the playoffs. We needed to rebuild to have a shot at going deep in the playoffs.

What was interesting about the thread was how so many people were focused on the WR position, as if upgrading our WRs to where we had Bryant, Galloway, and Harvin (and Dexter Jackson) was such an important step.

Harvin has had a good couple of years in the NFL, even though he's been dealing with migraines. He's not the terror of the league, but he has to be accounted for. Having our young WRS AND Josh Freeman must alleviate the pain of those who were big Harvin fans.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#193 : January 01, 2011, 01:37:55 PM

haha, I've gotta call myself out on this one. Not sure if I posted it in this thread, but I was constantly calling for Harvin and was pretty frustrated when we took Freeman.

Not that I was wrong about Harvin being a good player, but I was WAY wrong about Freeman. And very happy to be.

Page: 1 ... 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin is dangerous « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools