Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin is dangerous « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 09, 2009, 12:45:46 AM

I think Bradford would be the PERFECT fit for the West coast offense.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 09, 2009, 12:57:29 AM

Harvin wouldn't be getting hurt if he takes on a 6'3 300+ pound guy. He knows how to make plays and the second he touches the ball he could take it the distance because he has good vision and great speed. Now if we bring him to Tampa I personally think we need to make some plays where it's specifically made to get Harvin the ball and let him do his thing out in space or wherever. Now he will be a reciever, he has good hands just needs to work on his routes. The whole solutiion to him getting hurt is because he is used as a RB as well, how many guys do you see doing that as much as he does? Not many, and obviously if a 5'11 195 pound guy is getting hit by guys who are over 300+ pounds, he's going to get hurt. Now at this level he'll probably be limited to the amount of being a tweener and stay a WR but, like I said we could and should make designed plays to get him the ball. Bottom line is he's a playmaker, he has heart, and he'll do whatever he can whenever he can regardless of injury. We need a player like that and if he's there I don't think we should pass on a playmaker like Harvin. Kinda like the Saints and Reggie Bush except they use him too much so he gets hurt.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#32 : January 09, 2009, 01:12:53 AM

Percy Harvin is another nobody in the NFL. Sometimes players don't make it to the NFL after putting in good years in college. The sooner we realize this, the better.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#33 : January 09, 2009, 02:33:38 AM

Percy Harvin as Buccaneer. Period. I want this cat in Pewter & Red. Harvin|Bryant|Clayton

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#34 : January 09, 2009, 02:54:59 AM

His injuries are the only problem. Other than that, he's amazing.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 09, 2009, 07:14:13 AM

Hahaha.... you are quite amusing.. wrong.. but quite amusing. You do realize Bradford is a 3rd year Sophmore correct? He will be the second best that played on that field tonight behind Gresham. Harvin will be a decent gimicky kind of 3rd down get him the ball in open space and hope like hell he has a convoy of blockers in front of him.

Again, the coaching staff doesn't have all that much confidence in Bradford if the OC is reading pre-snap coverage for him and calling the plays from the sideline. Bradford didn't put the game on his shoulders, he had no fire, no "it" factor, and all in all is an average QB who won't amount to much in the NFL.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 09, 2009, 07:18:55 AM

The Bucs need to pick defense with their entire draft this year.

#37 : January 09, 2009, 07:23:05 AM

He plays all the gimmicks in a spread offense. 

If I am not mistaken the QB in your sig also played the "Gimmicks in a spred offense"

Not that I have a problem with Alex Smith (which I agree with you and all for signing) but Percy could do what he is doing on any team in college football. It just so happens the offense is built around his abilities

Pewterballs

Second String

#38 : January 09, 2009, 07:38:03 AM

Harvin at less than 100% is still a playmaker.  Would love to see him in Tampa Bay but he will probably be long gone at #19. Go Gators!

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 09, 2009, 08:57:27 AM

After watching Harvin... for the first time... I don't think he's a true NFL prospect.  He's a WR version of Reggie Bush.  An RB can be that type of player, but not a WR.  I wouldn't spend even a 4th round pick on the guy.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 09, 2009, 08:59:32 AM

I thought he was a WR, yet he rushed for over 120 yards last night?

There’s something about that Florida offense I do not like.

#41 : January 09, 2009, 09:12:55 AM

I thought he was a WR, yet he rushed for over 120 yards last night?

There’s something about that Florida offense I do not like.

They switched him up because the pressure from Oklahoma was getting to Tebow and the deep go routes that Harvin is known for cannot develop because defenders were on Tebow in 2 seconds

Plus Dan Mullen wanted the balls in the playmakers hands

They brought Harvin in to run the wishbone and wildcat because Oklahoma did a great job making Florida a 5 yard per play team

If you watch Harvin's highlights as a WR if you get him the ball he is the best player on the field...but the achillies heel of Florida is blitzes it throwa off the deep passing game

Orangegone1

Starter

#42 : January 09, 2009, 09:18:17 AM

After watching Harvin... for the first time... I don't think he's a true NFL prospect. He's a WR version of Reggie Bush. An RB can be that type of player, but not a WR. I wouldn't spend even a 4th round pick on the guy.

Bruce Allen, get off the message boards and continue to watch tape of upcoming OG's in the draft.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 09, 2009, 09:19:50 AM

Alright I trust ya, but to tell you the truth, I would be highly disappointed if we wasted another pick on a WR.

I mean we already spent a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd on a WR since 2004 and none of them panned out.  Our best 2 WRs since then were Joey Galloway, whose career was resurrected in Tampa, and Antonio Bryant, who was out of football a year.

We are better off fixing our WR problems by either keeping those 2 aboard and teaching them to be on the field at the same time, i.e. one at flanker and one at split end, or we should add one via trade/free agency.

I think draft picks would be better spent used on QB, DE, or DT to tell you the truth.

#44 : January 09, 2009, 09:23:51 AM

Harvin is the real deal folks, make no mistake about it.  Mr. Sanchez at USC couldn't carry Percy's jock. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin is dangerous « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools