Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Case for NOT Drafting Timmaaaay Tebow. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 10, 2009, 02:05:21 PM

You just have a smart butt answer for everything don't you? Do you ever actually debate sports? Or do you just run your mouth all of the time, acting like a child.

irony is funny ... I debate with intelligient posters .. that elimates you and karen errrrrrrrrrr mrtks ....

LFO

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 10, 2009, 06:26:55 PM

can Tebow read a defense, can Tebow make adjustements on the line?

He will have to do it on his know, not have the coaches on the sidelines. We shall see

Can Bradford?

Or, unless you didn't notice, when Oklahoma "rushed" to the line, nearly every time Bradford stopped, looked to the sidelines, got the play call, and then relayed it.  He also almost exclusively played from the shotgun. 

Funny how perception is.  Bradford doesn't run much, so he can read defenses, make adjustments, and take the snap under center.

Reality is Bradford has many of the same questions that Tebow does.  I even read an article in the paper which said Tebow had better footwork out of the 2, one of Tebow's supposed biggest weaknesses.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 11, 2009, 01:54:18 AM

I would take Tebow, if nothing more than to utilize his skills in other positions. 

BUT, I think the guy will make a great NFL QB.  Time will tell, but that is my opinion.  People laugh when I say he reminds me of Elway, but he does.  I watched Elway way too much, and he actually runs better than Elway, has a great arm, not near as good as Elway, but has the same passion to win as Elway. 

Heck, I don't know, but I would give the guy who should be a 2-time Heisman winner at least a look. 

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#33 : January 11, 2009, 02:29:43 AM

You just have a smart butt answer for everything don't you? Do you ever actually debate sports? Or do you just run your mouth all of the time, acting like a child.
You answered your own question.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#34 : January 11, 2009, 02:44:37 PM

irony is funny ... I debate with intelligient posters .. that elimates you and karen errrrrrrrrrr mrtks ....
Another great post from Pewter Report's signature child in a man's body.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 11, 2009, 05:58:50 PM

"Jesus Christ this, Jesus Christ that. Jesus Christ blah, blah, blah, Jesus Christ blah, blah, blah..."

I think pretty much everyone who has played with him has nothing but great things to say about him.  I think there is a big difference between him thanking God, Jesus, whoever in his press conferences and interviews and pushing it on his teammates.  It would be one thing if he were constantly pushing them all to his beliefs, but I haven't really seen anything saying he does.  He is simply stating where he gets his strength from, what his beliefs are. 

Dwight Howard is another extremely religious player.  I don't think his teammates hate him for it, and I don't think he forces his beliefs on them either.  The beautiful thing about sports (and perhaps other professions as well) are there are various collections of beliefs and values that all mesh together to form a cohesive group that works together towards a common goal.  So long as ones certain beliefs and values are not forced upon someone with a different set, I don't think you will see a problem. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 12, 2009, 06:08:31 PM

"Jesus Christ this, Jesus Christ that. Jesus Christ blah, blah, blah, Jesus Christ blah, blah, blah..."

That's making a case for drafting him.  It's the guys that think, "There's nothing wrong with the strip club," that I'm more worried about making it in the league.

One correction...it's "scrip" club.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 11, 2009, 06:42:35 PM

Another great post from Pewter Report's signature child in a man's body.

this from the dork who couldn't get into UF or Sante Fe CC so he ended up at TCC instead ....

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#38 : January 11, 2009, 07:03:53 PM

How would you know that?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 11, 2009, 07:06:25 PM

How would you know that?

I've read your posts ....

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#40 : January 11, 2009, 07:11:28 PM

You weren't quoting me and I graduated from UF. You were refering to GatorBuc85.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 11, 2009, 07:18:58 PM

I was referring to the only thing I said that did concern you ...  your lack of intelligience ... you seem to be cyberstalking me ... should I be alarmed ....

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 12, 2009, 12:43:43 PM

That's making a case for drafting him.  It's the guys that think, "There's nothing wrong with the strip club," that I'm more worried about making it in the league.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#43 : January 12, 2009, 09:29:22 PM

Or the ones with guns in their pants.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 21, 2009, 10:03:55 PM

There is no case on the planet for not drafting TT.  End of discussion!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Case for NOT Drafting Timmaaaay Tebow. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools