Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Non Gator/ Sooner Fan thoughts « previous next »
Page: 1

ranman

Pro Bowler
: January 09, 2009, 07:46:54 AM

I had no dog in last night's fight.  Just wanted to see a game live up to its hype.  While it wasn't the high wire act I had expected or hoped for, I have to commend Tebow and Charlie Strong.  Tebow for his taking the game over in 4th qtr and Stong for shutting down their offensive schemes.  Strong should be an HC somewhere. 

I was glad to see the two teams match up last night to justify in my mind if the OU offense was as advertised.  However, I am bummed we don't at least have a plus one game in place.  I belive that a USC-UF matchup would be the truer test of a National Championship - as opposed to the BCS championship. 

Finally - congrats to all of you gator fans who have made such wild boasts on this board throughout the year.  Your team backed it up.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 09, 2009, 07:47:13 PM

ok game. Not very exciting. Expected Florida to pull away. I think the name Tebow should be banned until April... the announcers had a hard on everytime they mentioned him.

A likeable guy like him is/will be hated because of the media

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 12, 2009, 12:08:41 PM

You're going for a plus one and you still don't have the undefeated team in the mix? 

Went to the game, awesome atmosphere, great game, luv that option with the TE coming around for the shovel pass, instead of the more traditional dive.

Watched the game Friday night when I returned home. Still couldn't see if OU completed that first first down pass. Still don't know why game was stopped for a review of an incomplete pass? Ron Cherry still an idiot. Still can't figure out why OU went on fourth and goal.  Can see my BC hat in the stands at least three times :D  Sec 111. Best shot right after first UF sack.

Congrats Gator Nation!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Non Gator/ Sooner Fan thoughts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools