Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two Giants call Mckay a backstabbing GM « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

: October 14, 2006, 10:15:31 AM

Sorry guys I couldnt post the article but today's New York Post has an article were Jay Feeley and Bob Whitfield both rip Mckay for his handling of their being cut from the Falcons

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 14, 2006, 10:17:58 AM

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142006/sports/giants/filthy_rich_giants_paul_schwartz.htm
sorry heres the link

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 14, 2006, 10:57:42 AM

Mckay a backstabber?  No freakin' way.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 14, 2006, 11:43:14 AM

I have never been a McKay backer.   

But the fact is there are always a couple ex-players willing to say negative things about their former boss.  There certainly were a couple who bashed Gruden.  And if there are any the New York Post will find them.  I don't put any credence into this story.

#4 : October 14, 2006, 12:20:22 PM

LMAO @ Whitfield's quote late in the article about slapping the (bleep) out of him

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 14, 2006, 12:41:31 PM

Itch I agrre with you about ex-employees blasting their bosses but  this story is not a Post exclusive its also in The Daily News

TBayJJ

Second String

#6 : October 14, 2006, 03:33:07 PM

Mckay is such a goodman, He did good things for this orgnization, to bad him and Chucky could not get along.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 14, 2006, 04:57:22 PM

Yeah I especially liked when he quit on the team in the middle of the season only to be with the Falcons the same week the Bucs played them. He's done some good things for Tampa when he was there but he's no angel in that divorce from Gruden.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 14, 2006, 05:03:58 PM

Mckay a backstabber?  No freakin' way.
This must be sarcasm.

THe guy is a piece of crap.  He's good at what he does, and part of it it is being a bastard.  But to think he's a stand up guy is to ignore what he did to us.  I don't expect hiim to be a nice guy, so i wouldn't be offended by what he did, but get real, he IS a snake.  When you're on trial, thats what you want and you don't **CENSORED** about it.  But it's foolish to not admit you knew it.

TBayJJ

Second String

#9 : October 14, 2006, 08:52:24 PM

I mean it sucks he went to Atlanta, but the Bucs did not treat him all that well either.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 14, 2006, 10:34:36 PM

You guys really think he royally screwed up our cap situation just before he went to our division rival "by mistake"?  Is he a backstabber?  Two words:  BOOGER MCFARLAND!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 14, 2006, 11:24:29 PM

You guys really think he royally screwed up our cap situation just before he went to our division rival "by mistake"? Is he a backstabber? Two words: BOOGER MCFARLAND!

McKay used contract restructuring and extensions to try to keep the championship-caliber defense intact to keep the window of opportunity for superbowls open as long as possible.  Most GMs would have done the same thing, and in the same manner.  As a huge Sapp fan, I was never in support of the Booger signing, but at the time it was regarded as a huge win for the franchise.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 15, 2006, 12:17:22 AM

God.  It has been so many years, and the bitter sting of McKay is still hanging tough. 

I wish you intelligent fans of the Bucs would simply get over the guy.

But that is like asking the world to bow to my needs.  It ain't gonna happen, is it?

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 15, 2006, 07:54:25 AM

MCKAY IS A NO GOOD TRAITOR RAT BASTARD,NO ONE IN NFL HISTORY EVER DID WHAT THIS SCUMBAG DID,HES THE BIGGEST BACK STABBER IN THE NFL....REMEMBER HES A LAWYER HES GOT LOTS OF EXPIERENCE.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 15, 2006, 08:39:11 AM

The Glazers treated McKay just fine until he ignored their directive to bring in an offensive minded replacement for Tony Dungy. Jon Gruden's first huge mistake was to ask McKay to remain with the team. He was already in Arthur Blank's pocket.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two Giants call Mckay a backstabbing GM « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools