Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow or Edwards? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
: January 09, 2009, 03:50:35 PM

Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer believes that the Browns may have to choose between keeping Braylon Edwards or Kellen Winslow in 2009.

Edwards and Winslow's outspokenness will not mesh with coach Eric Mangini's disciplinary style and both receivers are in search of raises. Edwards is the more valuable player, but will likely cost more than Winslow. Still, it shouldn't be surprising if both are on the trade block this offseason. Jan. 9 - 12:02 pm

I think if we could have either of these guys to pair up with Bryant. Bryant and Edwards sounds pretty nice right about now. Thoughts?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 09, 2009, 03:58:22 PM

Give me Kellen.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 09, 2009, 03:59:15 PM

Gruden has problems getting more than one WR in the gameplan so no thanks. Edwards would be like Clayton in this offense, except with more dropped passes.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 09, 2009, 03:59:48 PM

Neither.

Obviously If I had to choose one it would be Winslow, but as we do have a lot of cap room—it could dry up quicker than you think considering we SHOULD be interested in resigning Jermaine Phillips and Antonio Bryant, we should be looking at extending the contract of Barrett Ruud who has one year left on his deal-We should also be serious players in adding Albert Haynesworth.  Re-signing Philip Buchanon or adding a replacement for him won’t be cheap either.

At tight end, I think we have a good thing with the trio of Stevens, Smith, and Gilmore.  So re-signing Stevens would probably be just as good.  I think a TE is a luxury and we are probably better off spending money/draft picks on a position like QB, RB, WR, OT on the offensive side of the ball.

As for Derek Anderson.  The guy just signed a 3 year, 24 million dollar deal last off-season and proved to be a fluke.  I’ll take him if he becomes a free agent and to COMPETE for the job, but he doesn’t wow me by any means.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 09, 2009, 04:05:31 PM

I'M A SOLDIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why we want winslow in a state that doesnt require motorcycle helmets?

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 09, 2009, 04:05:41 PM

winslow?  the epitome of "me-first"?  no thanks.  as for braylon, do you really think he wants to come here to be a #2?  i see him playing the same position as bryant in our offense.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 10, 2009, 06:17:51 AM

Neither!!!

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 10, 2009, 06:30:12 AM

If I had to take one Id take Edwards.

Bucsman90

Rookie
#8 : January 10, 2009, 09:10:37 AM

Give me Kellen. The way we use our te's he'd easily turn into the number 2 reciever on the team

cslother

Second String
#9 : January 10, 2009, 03:37:47 PM

I would want Winslow, but the fact that he's had 67069870983 knee surgeries is a little frightening.  He has the knees of a 40 year old.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 10, 2009, 06:20:06 PM

Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer believes that the Browns may have to choose between keeping Braylon Edwards or Kellen Winslow in 2009.

Edwards and Winslow's outspokenness will not mesh with coach Eric Mangini's disciplinary style and both receivers are in search of raises. Edwards is the more valuable player, but will likely cost more than Winslow. Still, it shouldn't be surprising if both are on the trade block this offseason. Jan. 9 - 12:02 pm

I think if we could have either of these guys to pair up with Bryant. Bryant and Edwards sounds pretty nice right about now. Thoughts?
I would take Kellen Winslow over Braylon Edwards. Winslow is a top flight TE, meanwhile Edwards had a good season followed by a disappointing one. Without a doubt, I'm going to take Winslow, assuming each player is the same price...

#11 : January 11, 2009, 01:33:38 AM

I thought i read somewhere that K2 has some degenerative condition in his knee.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#12 : January 11, 2009, 02:08:33 AM

Neither. We can draft players that are as good as these guys are now.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#13 : January 11, 2009, 02:15:40 AM

Neither.

Obviously If I had to choose one it would be Winslow, but as we do have a lot of cap room—it could dry up quicker than you think considering we SHOULD be interested in resigning Jermaine Phillips and Antonio Bryant, we should be looking at extending the contract of Barrett Ruud who has one year left on his deal-We should also be serious players in adding Albert Haynesworth.  Re-signing Philip Buchanon or adding a replacement for him won’t be cheap either.

At tight end, I think we have a good thing with the trio of Stevens, Smith, and Gilmore.  So re-signing Stevens would probably be just as good.  I think a TE is a luxury and we are probably better off spending money/draft picks on a position like QB, RB, WR, OT on the offensive side of the ball.

As for Derek Anderson.  The guy just signed a 3 year, 24 million dollar deal last off-season and proved to be a fluke.  I’ll take him if he becomes a free agent and to COMPETE for the job, but he doesn’t wow me by any means.

Oddly enough, I'd much rather get something resembling above average at TE before utilizing YET ANOTHER resource on the O-line. We're happy with Penn, Faine is the highest paid center ever, and we've got 4 first day picks after that. Enough!

BucsNoles

Second String

#14 : January 11, 2009, 07:34:16 PM

Either one and send DA too.

"Doesn't matter how you start but how you finish."
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow or Edwards? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools