Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 'Hawks hire Gus Bradley as DC « previous next »
Page: 1

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: January 08, 2009, 05:26:42 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Seahawks Defense-TM- Seahawks   Jan. 8 - 5:14 pm et

The National Football Post's Michael Lombardi reports the Seahawks will hire Bucs assistant coach Casey "Gus" Bradley as their new defensive coordinator.
Lombardi is alone on this one, but he's a reliable source. Bradley's resume includes developing Barrett Ruud into a Pro Bowl-caliber MLB as Bucs linebackers coach. His hiring means Rod Marinelli will likely be headed to Houston or Chicago.
Source: National Football Post
Related: Buccaneers

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 08, 2009, 05:31:43 PM

Joe Barry, you can come home now!!

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#2 : January 08, 2009, 05:32:18 PM

welcome joe

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 08, 2009, 05:32:47 PM

Joe Barry, you can come home now!!

He might be heading to the Bears with Rod

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 08, 2009, 05:34:25 PM

I do not understand why the hell would Rod or Joe want to go to the friggin Bears...Bears offense sucks just as bad as ours so why not resume your career in Tampa?

Rod, convince Warren to come out of retirement to play for you in Tampa again :D.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 08, 2009, 05:39:28 PM

I do not understand why the hell would Rod or Joe want to go to the friggin Bears...Bears offense sucks just as bad as ours so why not resume your career in Tampa?

Rod, convince Warren to come out of retirement to play for you in Tampa again :D.

Because the Bears have an equal if not better defense and neither guy coaches an offensive position?

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 08, 2009, 05:41:27 PM

Because the Bears have an equal if not better defense and neither guy coaches an offensive position?

Yeah, go and play for the team that helped give you an 0-16 season in Detroit and put that on your coaching resume Rod. Real smart.

I dont buy into the Bears Defense that much anymore. Yeah, 2006 they had a good D, but now, meh nothing special anymore. Kinda like ours but atleast we can improve some more.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 08, 2009, 05:42:21 PM

There are a lot more defensive studs to work with in Chicago

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 08, 2009, 05:42:45 PM

Lovie is the reason

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 08, 2009, 06:01:25 PM

Damn this news sucks. Props to Gus Bradley though, pretty good place to start with Tatupu, Kerney and Tapp. Other than last year, they've been pretty good on Defense for the last few years.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 08, 2009, 08:37:18 PM

I think the Big Fella (Warren) could still play

Come home Joe Barry

Bring the father in law with you...

And Rod, bring back the QB Killa

ok im dreaming but Joe, you are welcome here

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 08, 2009, 09:04:52 PM

If Joe Barry's not got daddy Rod in tow, I don't think we want him.

#12 : January 09, 2009, 07:27:35 AM

Sgn Joe NOW!!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 10, 2009, 04:57:53 PM

From PFT:

SEAHAWKS GET THEIR DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR
Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2009, 4:37 p.m.
The Seattle Seahawks and new coach Jim Mora has a new defensive coordinator.

It is former Buccaneers linebackers coach Casey “Gus” Bradley.

The news first appeared on earlier this week at NFP; Adam Schefter of NFLN confirms it today.

John Marshall was the defensive coordinator in 2008.  His status with the franchise for 2009 is unknown.

Bradley, 42, has spent only three years coaching at the NFL level.  He was hired by the Bucs in 2006.

At the college level, Bradley coached at North Dakota State (his alma mater) and Fort Lewis College.

Bradley worked as defensive quality control coach in 2006, and became the linebackers coach after Joe Barry left to become the defensive coordinator of the Lions.

Barry recently has said that he’d “cherish” an opportunity to return to Tampa, notwithstanding the fact that the Bucs wouldn’t let him out of his contract in 2006 to join his father-in-law in Detroit.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 10, 2009, 05:00:34 PM

one step closer to finally changing the damn tampa 2
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 'Hawks hire Gus Bradley as DC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools