Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Much to the dismay of many, Tebow decides to stay put « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 11, 2009, 05:59:30 PM »

I think this will hurt Tebow in terms of becoming an NFL QB once he gets to the pros. Another year in the Gators shotgun system, in which he isn't required to read defenses, go through progressions nor call audibles will only hinder him further from being able to make the transition in an under-center nfl offense. I doubt whether Meyer would change his system just to give Tebow a better shot in the NFL; its his job to win games for the Gators and not to succumb to the potential demands of 1 guy, and clearly the system they have there now he feels is the best one for them to win games with.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

mrtks

Pro Bowler

« #16 : January 11, 2009, 06:29:13 PM »

I think this will hurt Tebow in terms of becoming an NFL QB once he gets to the pros. Another year in the Gators shotgun system, in which he isn't required to read defenses, go through progressions nor call audibles will only hinder him further from being able to make the transition in an under-center nfl offense. I doubt whether Meyer would change his system just to give Tebow a better shot in the NFL; its his job to win games for the Gators and not to succumb to the potential demands of 1 guy, and clearly the system they have there now he feels is the best one for them to win games with.
Spoken like someone who knows nothing about Florida, Meyer, or Tebow. And Tebow is smart enough and has a huge will and tremendous work ethic to do anything he wants and shut up all the doubters and know-it-alls.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 11, 2009, 06:41:42 PM »

I'd be willing to bet that Meyer incorporates some more read/option pass plays and more "under center looks" next year.  Very good decision by Tebow, IMO.  Truly talented but needs more refining. 

mrtks

Pro Bowler

« #18 : January 11, 2009, 06:48:52 PM »

Meyer will help Tebow anyway he can. He loves his like a son and owes him for his leadership and play. His players are family not just football players.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #19 : January 11, 2009, 07:10:53 PM »

Spoken like someone who knows nothing about Florida, Meyer, or Tebow. And Tebow is smart enough and has a huge will and tremendous work ethic to do anything he wants and shut up all the doubters and know-it-alls.

I've seen Florida play enough times to know that their system has almost nothing in common with most NFL offenses. Ok I don't know anything about Tebow's relationship with the coach but I do know that being successful in the Gator offense definitely does not mean automatic success in the NFL as a QB.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : January 11, 2009, 07:16:01 PM »

A lot of the spread offense have not a damn thing to do with what happens in the NFL - blame June Jones - he took a version of Correyl's O and crossed it with a West Coast O.  So what - now we shoot all the kids that play in the spread - no...

It is not like there is some formula/correlation as to who can cut it in the NFL - look at the kid's skill, interview him - talking football and life - and watch how he has performed - that is what is available - and it doesn't get it done- but that is what you get.  You going to ignore all the spread kids and limit yourself to pro style offenses - good luck to all GMs, coaches and scouts trying to figure out if Tebow or any other qb is gonna cut it in the NFL 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #21 : January 11, 2009, 09:22:49 PM »

Maybe Tebow is resigned to the fact he'll never be an NFL QB and most likely would have to change positions. So it really won't matter to him to have to learn to read defenses and call audibles. Besides, there's probably a few Florida ladies on campus he hasn't met yet. :)

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #22 : January 11, 2009, 09:49:56 PM »

He isnt required to read defenses... true
doesnt call his own audible... true
shotgun system... true

what did he say that was wrong... other then your a Florida fan that hates someone pointing out flaws of a QB you love. If he was perfect like you think he would be a top 10 pick and #1 qb in the draft this year

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #23 : January 11, 2009, 09:52:12 PM »

OBF, why are all of those players wearing #29 in your sig?

LFO

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 11, 2009, 09:55:05 PM »

So how do you feel about Bradford?

you do realize

A. He also operates almost exclusively out of the Shotgun

B. He also gets his reads/plays/Audibles from the sideline (and the point you make about Tebow not being required to go through progressions is ludicrous)

You also do realize the same about Colt McCoy, right?

Fact is, college coaches get paid to win college games.....not develop pro talent.  Great players will get drafted highly regardless of system.  Whenever Tebow decides to leave, he'll be drafted highly based on his potential.  Just as Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, Brady Quinn, Todd Marinovich, Peyton Manning, Rick Mirer, Drew Bledsoe, Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, and countless others were.

LFO

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 11, 2009, 09:56:43 PM »

He isnt required to read defenses... true
doesnt call his own audible... true
shotgun system... true

what did he say that was wrong... other then your a Florida fan that hates someone pointing out flaws of a QB you love. If he was perfect like you think he would be a top 10 pick and #1 qb in the draft this year

Not required to read defenses?  When, pre-snap?  If so, you just described Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford as well.  Both shotgun systems, don't call audibles, and don't read defenses pre-snap. 

So, I guess they both suck too?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 11, 2009, 09:56:58 PM »

AND fullbacks around the league all breathe a fresh of breath air as they won't have to worry about a team drafting Tebow to take his spot

LFO

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 11, 2009, 09:59:51 PM »

AND fullbacks around the league all breathe a fresh of breath air as they won't have to worry about a team drafting Tebow to take his spot

I'll bet you what you want....Tebow gets drafted as a QB and plays QB, not FB.

Name it.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #28 : January 11, 2009, 10:01:29 PM »

I was just being sarcastic..the guy will get drafted as a QB...but I dont see him being a starter in this league..

that QB option play wont work in the nfl.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 11, 2009, 10:03:19 PM »

OBF, why are all of those players wearing #29 in your sig?

1 of these players wore them each game in memory of Todd Doxey who died tubbing down the river during the summer with the team.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Much to the dismay of many, Tebow decides to stay put « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools