Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "24" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 23, 2007, 10:53:01 AM

ok, 2 things that bother me about this season.

#1.  I can't stand looking at that sour-puss faced sister of the president.  That woman disgusts me, everything about her, her attitude, her look, her voice, everything...

#2. The new president Palmer is not very convincing as the president of the united states of America.  The guy seriously needs to grow a pair and have an opinion for once.  Also, the guy is an average actor at best.

These 2 things bother me, and now it's out there for everyone to disect.

#1)  Totally agree, she is the most annoying character the show has ever had.  Not sure if its her personal touch ont he character or if she is portraying an annoying ambulance chasing lawyer that well.

#2) I like Brother Palmer as President, shows how much respect the country had for David Palmer.  And the struggles he has to live up to his brother's presidency.  To me David Palmer was the Sh##.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 23, 2007, 10:54:19 AM

Oh and Chloe is a dog, she may be wearing a lot of makeup and have her hair done this season, but previous seasons she was ruff.

matt

Starter

#32 : January 23, 2007, 06:56:06 PM

#1. I can't stand looking at that sour-puss faced sister of the president. That woman disgusts me, everything about her, her attitude, her look, her voice, everything...

#2. The new president Palmer is not very convincing as the president of the united states of America. The guy seriously needs to grow a pair and have an opinion for once. Also, the guy is an average actor at best.

#1) Totally agree, she is the most annoying character the show has ever had. Not sure if its her personal touch ont he character or if she is portraying an annoying ambulance chasing lawyer that well.

#2) I like Brother Palmer as President, shows how much respect the country had for David Palmer. And the struggles he has to live up to his brother's presidency. To me David Palmer was the Sh##.

1. I HATE Sandra Palmer too...but Kim (although hot as hell) was extremely annoying in season 3.

2. Wayne Palmer is a TON better than Charles Logan.

Oh...and while Chloe is not attractive...her actions make her hot. Therefore, I would hit that!  ;D

BayDay39

Second String

#33 : January 23, 2007, 08:19:47 PM

Never seen it.

You've been missing out Ray

I don't think so. I don't like shows that drag on for season after season. It would have been a cool show if they did it, had 1 or 2 seasons and ended it. But now it is what, 5th or 6th season? Pass.

How wrong you are. And it was a bad idea to do Seinfeld to do more than 2 seasons.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 23, 2007, 08:21:45 PM

quite possibly the best show ever on TV, non-comedy that is...

#35 : January 24, 2007, 02:05:47 PM

#1.  I can't stand looking at that sour-puss faced sister of the president.  That woman disgusts me, everything about her, her attitude, her look, her voice, everything...

#2. The new president Palmer is not very convincing as the president of the united states of America.  The guy seriously needs to grow a pair and have an opinion for once.  Also, the guy is an average actor at best.

Turbo, I agree with both of those. Add to that the fact that Graham is Jack's brother.... i didn't like that too much.

#36 : January 24, 2007, 02:09:24 PM

Turbo, I agree with both of those. Add to that the fact that Graham is Jack's brother.... i didn't like that too much.

Not sure if you're talking about Logan the character, or the actor that was playing him. If you're talking about the actor, i strongly disagree. He did an awesome job of portraying Logan as a limp-d*cked weasel.

matt

Starter

#37 : January 24, 2007, 10:26:50 PM

#1. I can't stand looking at that sour-puss faced sister of the president. That woman disgusts me, everything about her, her attitude, her look, her voice, everything...

#2. The new president Palmer is not very convincing as the president of the united states of America. The guy seriously needs to grow a pair and have an opinion for once. Also, the guy is an average actor at best.

Not sure if you're talking about Logan the character, or the actor that was playing him. If you're talking about the actor, i strongly disagree. He did an awesome job of portraying Logan as a limp-d*cked weasel.

I meant the actual President Logan. Gregory Itzin did a GREAT job with that character, and I'm anxious to see what they have in mind for him this season. Though at this point in the season last year...Logan appeared as inept as Wayne Palmer has at times this year. It seems to me that Wayne is struggling with learning on the job. We'll have to watch to see how his character develops. I have a feeling by the end of this season he'll be more comparable to his brother...rather than Logan.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 24, 2007, 10:35:30 PM

the guy playing Wayne is just not a good actor, and certainly has trouble playing the part, but that is because he is a bad actor imo...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 25, 2007, 02:40:27 PM

For as much love as the show gets, I NEVER watch it.

Never watched a single episode.

I have never watched a single episode of Greys anatomy either.

corporal.clegg

Second String

#40 : January 29, 2007, 09:00:56 PM

24 time ladies and gents

#41 : January 29, 2007, 09:17:45 PM

i record it on dvr..... i'd rather watch it minus the commercials.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 30, 2007, 12:35:51 PM

i record it on dvr..... i'd rather watch it minus the commercials.

Ditto...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#43 : February 08, 2007, 09:48:12 AM

Nice to see Wayne Palmer show some nads. Also, what are you guys thoughts on the vice-prez? I love Powers Boothe as an actor and think he'll do great as a "bad guy" if that is the direction they go with him.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 08, 2007, 09:55:01 AM

I got these from Wikipedia...Pretty interesting..

24: The Movie

Main article: 24: The Movie

Kiefer Sutherland has confirmed that 24: The Movie is in the pipeline, and the show's creators have already started working on the script. It should be noted that the film would be a two-hour representation of a 24-hour day, not an actual 24-hour-long film as this would be financially straining on production and impossible to show in theaters. On 29 May 2006, on the Chris Moyles radio show on BBC Radio 1, Kiefer announced that the shooting of the film will begin on 30 May 2007 (between Seasons 6 and 7), and it is expected to be released between Seasons 7 and 8 in the summer of 2008. In an interview with the Chicago Sun-Times, Kiefer confessed, "Anytime [the production team] got really close to having a great idea for having a film, we needed it for episode 18,"[21] meaning that formulating ideas for a film version of the show has been made difficult by the need to employ those ideas in the television show first. The movie became official on June 8.

Fan Phone

In the fifth episode of the fourth season, Debbie's cell phone rang with a valid California phone number on the caller ID. Many fans noticed this and called the number, Some callers heard a voice mail message telling them that they called the 24 prop phone and to leave a message. Others spoke with various people, including Production Designer Joseph Hodges and stars Kim Raver (Audrey Raines) and Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida). Hodges later stated in an interview that director Jon Cassar came up with the idea for the "Fan Phone" because the two of them often got bored scouting new shooting locations and wanted a chance to interact with the audience. Hodges indicated they received around 80,000 calls on the line in the first week.

The Fan Phone number has been spotted elsewhere:

* Debbie's cell phone displays the number after she is killed in Day 4.
    * Jack Bauer gives the number during the recovery of the Air Force One "Football" where he told his cell phone number to two civilian campers.
    * In Day 5, it was shown in the 18th episode ("12:00 AM - 1:00 AM") as Martha Logan's cell phone number.
    * Spotted on the back of a picture of Edgar and Chloe during the season finale of the Day 5.
    * In Day 6, it was shown in the fourth episode ("9:00 AM - 10:00 AM") as a cell phone number on Assad's cell phone.
    * In the sixth episode of Day 6, an FBI agent gives the number as Chloe's direct line at CTU.

In both Days 4 and 5, the Fan Phone number is 310-597-3781. The phone number to this day still works. Callers are directed to a Nextel voicemail box if no one answers. The voicemail states:

* Nextel operator: The mailbox belonging to
    * Voice of unknown male: Nextel phone for 24
    * Nextel operator: is full. It cannot accept any more messages. Please try again later. Goodbye.

As of February 2007, the phone is still active and accepting messages, although the mailbox is often full and the operator prompt is in Spanish.

In hour 6 of Day 6, an FBI agent gives Walid the phone number to Chloe's direct CTU line. The number is the same as the one previously said, but now gives the Nextel "voicemail full" dialogue in Spanish, though the "Nextel phone for 24" is still intact.

At other times during the series, most recently in hour 5 of the 6th season, fictional numbers within the 555 prefix have been given.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "24" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools