Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's the plan? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

: January 12, 2009, 11:12:06 PM

I've been trying to figure out where all of the true anger is coming from.  I mean it's easy to throw coach under the bus and so many of you have jumped on that bandwagon, I'm amazed you're still around knowing he's still employeed. 

But I digress...

Could this be a transparency problem?  None of us really know what the plan is for the franchise.  Bruce doesn't readily avail those types of answers to the press.  I'm sure some of you famous conspiracy theorists will say it's because they have no plan, but then you're calling your beloved owners dummies for continuing to employ a couple of guys just to run amuck.  Can't believe that and believe the Glazers are as smart as we all think they are.  So there has to be a plan in place.  We as fans just don't know it, don't know how it's being executed, or how it's being, graded for progress. 

Further, should we as fans be privvy to that info?  Do we have the right to know how they plan to upgrade the team? While I'm sure most of us would love to be in the know, wouldn't that in some ways compromise team strategy? Give away secrets other teams could use against us?

Just a thought.  I mean the anger should be over by now, especially seeing how our vaunted NFC South got booted from the playoffs in spank spank style by both of our representatives.  Just about what most predicted us to do anyway.  To me this hateration seems to have taken over many on here and it's just out of control and seems like no one can settle on one thing or the other.  Because it's more than one thing, ever thought of that? JG has a ton of culpability, but he doesn't bear the brunt all by himself, realisticlly. Heck as good as he was at Dayton, I'm sure he could have done far worst in the red zone than Jeff, right?   ;)

My whole point here is that it may very well be that none of us know and we're being left to our own imaginations which I have to say seems to have more than run away, they've sprinted off at world class speed...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#1 : January 12, 2009, 11:57:00 PM

Preachin to the choir bro...you do, however, speak truth.

None of us, the fans that is, is privvy to any of it, so no one here should pretend that they are.  Like the media hacks, they are left to speculate, which is to assume.  And we all know what "assume" does.....at least those of us with any common sense.

Sure, I'm disappointed at how it all went awry at the end.  But that is what makes the offseason more intriguing.

The problem with those that are throwing the regime under the bus, is that they are all fighting to be the busdriver.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 13, 2009, 12:07:22 AM

I always love your posts Chev.  JG doesn't derserve all the junk that he takes.  If you take the time to look at the players he is working with, with the exception of the very few who are quality players,  he is actually doing a fantastic job.  People just get pissed because the Bucs dont make Tidal Waves, they make splashes.  The media never hypes them and they don't have a big market.  I think everyone in the organization has done well with the exception of Bruce Allen.  He makes me wonder why we picked Dexter Jackson, but he has also made great picks like Tanard Jackson.  His philosophy confuses me but maybe it will pay off.

#3 : January 13, 2009, 12:19:19 AM

Bryant89

Solid response, and allow me to expound just a tad.  There's alot that goes into a draft besides just seeing names on a board or looking at college stats.  Some players' strengths only fit particular schemes.  Some players are more "coachable" than others.  Some players are more "signable" than others.  Some players have particular weaknesses that cannot be "hidden".  And I am confident that this would be just the tip of the iceberg when evaluating picks on draft day.

As Chev mentioned, we are not privy to it all, and some fans find that annoying as hell.  Those same fans got spoiled just like the media did with McKay.  Rich would leak info like a dike with a huge hole in it.  BA is altogether different in how he handles the media and some just can't deal with it.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 13, 2009, 12:31:41 AM

My anger for Gruden staying was never there.  He was gonna be the coach next year despite the late season implosion.    I don't blame him for everything that would be silly but ultimately he's the head coach and is held accountable for his staff.   Right now that's my biggest concern.  I think of the talent that is there on the OL and can't help but feel it's being wasted by coaching it with a turd like Muir.   I think him and Bruce have a plan going into each offseason it just never pans out.  It's the lack of a plan B that haunts me.   They're so hit or miss with drafting and developing I'm really hoping this is the year we have a good all around draft.  From round one to seven I hope we get some depth and a few quality starters out of it.  God knows we need some help on both sides of the ball. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 13, 2009, 12:40:43 AM

Grudens fault is the draft.

I dont think its his playcalling or coaching so much as its the lack of talent on the team. Part of that problem though is bad drafts

donny77

Starter

#6 : January 13, 2009, 12:50:12 AM

Chev, I haven't called for Gruden's head.  I still believe in him.  I think it's more than "lack of a plan."  The plan isn't hard to see, but it's flawed.  We missed out on Yamon Figurs because we waited to late, so we panicked and took Dexter Jackson.  We failed with Garcia, and now Bruce Allen sounds like he is determined to find the young QB for this team in a year when there is none.  I love the team.  LBs and DB rock.  I believe in Gaines and think it's the talent around him that is the problem.  I like the OL, I think Clayton is a keeper.  The backs are serviceable, but durability is an issue.  QB and DT are the only glaring holes, everything else is fixable.  I just fear we will panic and get the wrong QB, another Dilfer, although I liked Dilfer, he just isn't going to win any games for you.

UnderwearGnome

Second String

#7 : January 13, 2009, 07:55:26 AM

Gruden, Allen and the Glazers are, indeed brilliant.  My sources at OBP say that there has been a super secret plan in place since the SuperBowl win.  The secret plan is to sign really talented players, win lots of games, including a few playoff games, and eventually another super bowl.  Howwever, due to the extremely sensitive nature of this top secret plan, they are keeping any and all details from the public view.  They have truly signed some 'Tiger Woods' type free agents, they are just keeping them from view.  I have it from a good source that Jon Gruden really, really is an offensive genius, however ownership has told him to keep it under wraps, due to the secret nature of the plan, so the dink and dunk stuff he gives us week in and week out is really a farce.  So they sit and wait, until the moment is right, to spring into action.  I AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 13, 2009, 07:58:31 AM

Gruden's offense is as QB dependent as any in the league.  What is the plan at QB?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 13, 2009, 08:01:59 AM

The plan is to get talent for the Buccaneers that is cheap as possible in order to support more championships for Manchester United.

#10 : January 13, 2009, 08:26:38 AM

The plan is to get talent for the Buccaneers that is cheap as possible in order to support more championships for Manchester United.

You really believe that don't you?  Sorry Chev, that another solid effort by you is now in the process of being hijacked.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 13, 2009, 08:36:12 AM

Chev,
Thanks again for the words that i somehow can never convey to a computer screen.  There is undoubtedly a plan at OBP, and why should Buc fans be privy to it...so we can find something new to ridicule.  The current regime given the circumstances over the past season has done okay!  The 9-3 was better than I hoped for, but the 0-4 finish is certainly what leaves a sour taste..had those results reversed, I would have been ecstatic...in the end all I hope for is the Bucs to win and have the ability to opine about my favorite team with some other die-hards!
Thanks as always Chev (voice of reason).

You must be accountable for your actions!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 13, 2009, 08:37:32 AM

Prefer,

Not only hijacked, but by a comment that has no basis in fact. Designed only to take another swipe at the owners and has no bearing on the Bucs or Chev's post.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 13, 2009, 08:39:18 AM

I'm just saying......
You have to wonder why Man U has a $200 mil payroll with some of the best soccer players in the world. While the Bucs are $45 million under the cap and has 2 pro-bowlers. Im just pointing out that something looks funky there.

I dont think there is any grand plan. I think what you see on Sundays is the plan in action. We are trying to build a cheap team through the draft. And the fact that the current coaching staff is able to squeeze 9 wins out of this squad deserves respect.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 13, 2009, 08:58:31 AM

The fact that this thread exists after 5 years of "planning" suggest that the plan is so secret even Allen and Gruden do not even know what it is.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's the plan? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools