Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da Bears and Jake Delhomme « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 13, 2009, 08:57:53 PM

Bears could go after Jake Delhomme?
The thought of Jake Delhomme running the Bears' offense makes more sense than Byron Leftwich, the Steelers' backup who told a Sun-Times reporter after Sunday's playoff victory to have the Bears "look me up." That's all the Bears need -- a leader so focused on his team's postseason run that he's trying to improve his own career minutes. At one time Leftwich would have been a great idea for the Bears, but that was about 36 MRIs ago.-- Chicago Tribune

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#1 : January 13, 2009, 09:50:16 PM

And Delhomme is better with injures how? He just had elbow surgery recently (year or two ago). I'd be more worried about that than Leftwich's ankle.

Secondly, you can't operate on Delhomme's brain to suddenly fix the stupid he has going on up there.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 13, 2009, 10:01:33 PM

I highly doubt Delhomme would want to go there. Muhsin Muhammed just came from there and said the Bears are where receivers go to die. Even though Delhomme is dumb, I dont think he is that dumb. There offense will always be second rate to their defense, Lovie has Dungy's philosophy back when Dungy was in Tampa. Pay the defense.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 14, 2009, 11:37:28 AM

Hadn't heard his name come up yet, but Bears fans here that call sports radio have mentioned every other QB name so far, so why not? Supposedly QB is the no. 1 priority for Jerry Angelo the GM. We'll see. The owners are notoriously tight with a buck.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 14, 2009, 12:52:01 PM

I did not know that there were that many Bear fans on a Buccaneer message board.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 14, 2009, 03:23:36 PM

What makes anyone think the Panthers will get rid of Delhomme.  He had probably the worst playoff performance ever, 6 turnovers, but until they find a replacement, I’d find it hard to believe they would let him go.  Without a first round pick, I doubt they get rid of Delhomme or Josh McCown or Matt Moore.

I hope they do, and to tell you what, we should sign Delhomme if he leaves there.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 14, 2009, 05:37:03 PM

No big deal Bucem, it's the off-season and it's football talk, but if you want a Bucs-Bears connection, then hear you go: John Clayton is on ESPN 1000 in Chicago every Weds. Just finished up his segment and the hosts were talking about how the Vikings are a decent QB away from being super bowl contenders. They asked John who he thought might be that QB next year and jokingly said "how about Rex Grossman?" Clayton said he's certainly available but Grossman likely would end up in TAMPA BAY!
Now that's something that scares me worse than the weather forecast for tomorrow. With Brian Griese already under contract, the Bucs certainly don't need another washed-up bum of a quarterback and if Gruden/Allen bring Grossman to Tampa I seriously have to question their desire to want to improvement this team.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da Bears and Jake Delhomme « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools