Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: US Military says Mexican government may soon collapse « previous next »
Page: 1 2

loweredexpectations

Starter
#15 : January 15, 2009, 08:25:32 PM

Take California while your at it......

?..
Im guessing you've never been to so cal....

california is above and beyond the best state in america (obviously in my opinion). so cal (orange county) is a suburban wet dream and most people are unrealistic... but if you can manage to ignore them... there is the beaches, great food, good music scene, and the mountains, desert and ocean are all within an hours drive.

and the dope laws are getting a tad more realistic.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 15, 2009, 08:26:05 PM

?..

You're guessing as wrong as you possibly can.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 15, 2009, 09:11:12 PM

?..

lol then you know it might as well be Mexico...

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 15, 2009, 09:14:07 PM

?..

lol then you know it might as well be Mexico...

Not at all. That's like saying south Florida might as well be Cuba.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 15, 2009, 09:16:08 PM

The criminals will still exist. Make drugs legal and the people who use drugs (21 and under other than a few pathetic sorts) will still not, under any reasonable scenario, be legal to buy the stuff.

I'm also never sure what company is gonna make the crap since the lawsuits and bad publicity would be fatal.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 15, 2009, 09:36:21 PM

If drugs are made legal, then backyard drug production would skyrocket in this country. The drug culture doesn't lend itself to commerce. It's cheaper to grow/manufacture your own...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 15, 2009, 09:41:31 PM

If drugs are made legal, then backyard drug production would skyrocket in this country. The drug culture doesn't lend itself to commerce. It's cheaper to grow/manufacture your own...

...of course no one will legalize that sort of material - unless you think narcotics like heroin should be handled with less care than narcotics like codine.

When you legalize something in our society it gets a whole raft of regulatory rules attached to it. People always talk about drugs like they won't get this treatment but everything does so there's no reason this will be immune to making sure the drugs people get are "safe" drugs.

Frankly, in the end, most illegal drugs would not pass the tests for use that legal drugs have. Heroin is way, way too dangerous for example. Same with crystal meth so are you going to say that people can freely take all kinds of whacked out drugs we know to be dangerous (see Bias, Len for the example for coke) but still need 'scripts for much safer but still dangerous drugs not to mention the meds that are just plain flat out not allowed?

The theory of drug legalization sounds good but the practicalities get nasty very quickly.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 15, 2009, 09:44:16 PM

The criminals will still exist. Make drugs legal and the people who use drugs (21 and under other than a few pathetic sorts)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Do you SERIOUSLY think that only a FEW people under 21 use drugs? I've met lawyers, doctors and A BOATLOAD of folks well over 21 that smoke pot on a weekly basis.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 15, 2009, 09:48:10 PM

The criminals will still exist. Make drugs legal and the people who use drugs (21 and under other than a few pathetic sorts)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Do you SERIOUSLY think that only a FEW people under 21 use drugs? I've met lawyers, doctors and A BOATLOAD of folks well over 21 that smoke pot on a weekly basis.

The dominant customers for all forms of illegal drugs are under 21.

http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/NSDUH/2k4NSDUH/2k4results/2k4results.htm#2.1

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 15, 2009, 09:49:33 PM

"The theory of drug legalization" is a perfect description.

I'm not pro or anti, but so many people see it as a cut'n'dried. I feel the same way you do, dal. Legalization would be opening Pandora's Box..

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 15, 2009, 09:52:31 PM

I'm shocked...You mean, Dal broke out a stat?

Holy god, I'm amazed.

You mean, the people that "actually reported" support your claim? Well pardon me while I dont give a crap. Real life experience has proven to me that I've seen enough adults over the age of 21 to know that legalizing pot would be very profitable.

You keep throwin out stats though, we've all come to appreciate how every argument ends in some stat off of some website we've never heard of. Really blows us all away.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#26 : January 15, 2009, 10:34:55 PM

Our war on drugs is what keeps these drug cartels alive and thriving.

so then we should just allow drugs to run freely into our country, onto our streets, into teenagers hands?

That is happening right now? ???

Â   Pay no attention to Turbo, hes clueless. Drugs are running freely into our country right into our teenagers hands, and the war on drugs is to thank for it.

Â   Making drugs illegal only makes the problems associated with drugs worse. Making it illegal makes any government regulation impossible. If drugs were legal and regulated we could make billions of dollars in tax revenue whil simultaneously controling the purity, strength and amounts of the drugs sold(to a degree). Most forms of organized crime in N. America are funded by drug revenue. Bloods, Cryps, Latin Kings, MS13 and these mexican cartells in this article could not survive without the drug income our government could be making. Think of how many deaths could be prevented by eliminating these criminal organizations. Look at all the crime associated with the prohibition of alcohol and how it cannot survive under a government regulated system, it is the same concept.

Â  Making drugs illegal puts children in more danger, and denies adults their civil liberties. When drugs are illegal it creates black markets where anyone with access can sell to anyone. Kids sell drugs to other kids. In my school it was far easier to get marijuana and cocaine than it was to obtain alcohol. Regulation would create a mandatory age limit which allows educated adults to choose, while creating a necessary hurdle for youth. Clearly these laws dont work to perfection (ex. alcohol), but it is the lesser of two evils.  Making a drug illegal also makes it "taboo" and more appealing in the eyes of some teenagers. When any glamorization is eliminated demand will decrease.

Â     There are many other aspects to why drugs (especially marijuana) should be legalized, but the most compelling is the over-crowding of our prison systems. We claim to be"the land of the free" , yet we have the largest prison population in the world. 27% of our total prison population is made up of people serving time for simple possesion. Those arent the dealers, just people with possesion. Not only does it cost billions to incarcirate them, we also lose their ability to work and spend money in our economy. These convictions also destroy families and leave children without parents.

Â    Think about this... our prisons are overpopulated with drug offenders so we must release people from the prison system. Who do we release? The sex offenders!!!!  We are releasing rapists and kiddie touchers because we are concerned with the drug users!?!?!?!? Not to mention the fact that nonviolent drug users learn criminal behavior in prison and leave prison far more dangerous than they were when they went in.

Â  Please, someone explain how making drugs illegal has more positive effects than the negative outcomes I have mentioned above. In fact, explain how making drugs illegal does much of anything, other than create the ILLUSION that we are trying to alleviate this problem.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: US Military says Mexican government may soon collapse « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools