Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dean Spanos tells LT no trade in the works [for now] « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 16, 2009, 12:51:11 AM

Dean Spanos Talks to LaDainian, Says No Trade in the Works (For Now)

Posted Jan 15th 2009 10:00 PM by Will Brinson (author feed)

As mentioned yesterday, the LaDainian Tomlinson trade rumors have been everything all at once. They've been alive, they've been ignored, they've been white hot, and they've been ridiculous. And now, they're suddenly nothing altogether.

At least that's the word from San Diego, where it appears that LdT and president Dean Spanos had a little chat. This discussion included -- mainly -- the fact that Tomlinson is not currently on the trading block. Insomuch, anyway, as there have been no discussions with any other teams about trading Tomlinson.

"We talked about the situation and I just tried to explain everything that must be considered," said Spanos. "I told him we haven't even started our discussions and won't for awhile, so don't jump to any conclusions. And I told him I would call him personally to make sure he's aware of everything that's going on."

[...]"We can't let our emotions taint our decisions. We owe it to our fan base and the City we represent to make sound decisions that will help us win a Super Bowl."

Okay, so maybe "nothing altogether" is a bit of a stretch. Spanos certainly didn't deny that there is the possibility of Tomlinson being traded. All he said was that there haven't been discussions yet. And that's not surprising; it would be silly to assume that he and A.J. Smith were blowing up phone lines trying to peddle Tomlinson off to the first team that would bite.

But it does kind of quell the rumor mill in the sense that we can at least stop talking about this until we're at least closer to the NFL draft since, presumably, any deal involving LaDainian will net the Chargers a draft pick or two.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dean Spanos tells LT no trade in the works [for now] « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools