Boards > The Red Board

Garcia and his future in Philadelphia

(1/3) > >>

DanTurksGhost:
http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/sports/football/nfl/philadelphia_eagles/16461948.htm

Boid Fink:
It certainly would be worth noting thatthe Bucs have a porous O-line, a run game that doesn't support the pass (plus Caddy has bad hands), and the Bucs have a shortage on quality wideouts.

If Garcia comes to the Bucs, it will be for starters money, and to be a starter.  I think we can all kiss Garcias butt goodbye.

DanTurksGhost:

--- Quote from: Boid Fink on January 15, 2007, 04:26:52 PM ---If Garcia comes to the Bucs, it will be for starters money, and to be a starter.  I think we can all kiss Garcias butt goodbye.

--- End quote ---

The first sentence doesn't rule him out here. I don't think the Bucs have a starter on the roster right now, and they're certainly not paying any rostered QB anything near what the top starters are making, and they have the cap room to do so.

Boid Fink:
Yeah, but Garcia after his impressive run (with a team that is loaded -- sidenote) will use that to ask for big time dollars.  And the Bucs would be foolish to give it to him because of my sidenote.  And he will be turning 37, and despite the age not belying his ability-argument, well...sometimes you just come to the edge of a cliff and straight up fall off.  Espescially given the nature of the Bucs anemic offense.

And if he signs a deal, it will most likely be for three or four years, and that makes me nervous.  Big money, aged vet in an unproven offense (despite its similarities),  I don't know.  Not my cup of tea.

CurtR1995:

--- Quote from: Boid Fink on January 15, 2007, 04:34:09 PM ---Yeah, but Garcia after his impressive run (with a team that is loaded -- sidenote) will use that to ask for big time dollars. And the Bucs would be foolish to give it to him because of my sidenote. And he will be turning 37, and despite the age not belying his ability-argument, well...sometimes you just come to the edge of a cliff and straight up fall off. Espescially given the nature of the Bucs anemic offense.

And if he signs a deal, it will most likely be for three or four years, and that makes me nervous. Big money, aged vet in an unproven offense (despite its similarities), I don't know. Not my cup of tea.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  Nothing says rebuilding quite like signing a 37 year old QB. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version