Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskis says it will probably be a big name! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 16, 2009, 07:30:06 PM

Shanahan is fine as long as there is another GM in place.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 16, 2009, 07:30:14 PM

I like Shanahan over Cowher in that with Shanny, you get a semblance of a running game.  You also get someone unafraid to stick a young QB out there and get acclimated to the NFL game.  

thats the best part about Shanahan.  

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 16, 2009, 07:31:40 PM

I like Shanahan over Cowher in that with Shanny, you get a semblance of a running game.  You also get someone unafraid to stick a young QB out there and get acclimated to the NFL game. 

Fan base has no patience for that. Get a young QB. We start the season 2-6 and the stands will be empty and WDAE will start hating on the new coach.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 16, 2009, 07:33:10 PM

I like Shanahan over Cowher in that with Shanny, you get a semblance of a running game. You also get someone unafraid to stick a young QB out there and get acclimated to the NFL game.

Fan base has no patience for that. Get a young QB. We start the season 2-6 and the stands will be empty and WDAE will start hating on the new coach.

Then Tampa doesnt deserve a team

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 16, 2009, 07:36:06 PM

Saw that.. Got me excited.. Cowher please come to Tampa and bring your QB or draft one ,like you did Ben..

Who is "his" QB? QB play was never the strong suite in PIT of all things he did well.

It could be Cassell -- OR WHOEVER HE WANTS TO DRAFT..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

gharen

Pro Bowler

#20 : January 16, 2009, 07:37:49 PM

You guys that like Shanahan over Cowher because he'll bring a running game need to go take a football class, Cowher's teams always had a great running game, a power running game. It's ok to like Shanahan better but don't say it's because he'll bring a running game.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 16, 2009, 07:38:19 PM

I like Shanahan over Cowher in that with Shanny, you get a semblance of a running game. You also get someone unafraid to stick a young QB out there and get acclimated to the NFL game.

Fan base is happy.. The staduim will be full in my opinion..  Fans made there point.. And the Glazers listened..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 16, 2009, 07:38:58 PM

You guys that like Shanahan over Cowher because he'll bring a running game need to go take a football class, Cowher's teams always had a great running game, a power running game. It's ok to like Shanahan better but don't say it's because he'll bring a running game.

What the hell has Cowher done that deserves so much hype? He's won a single Super Bowl and took him 13 years to do it!

kurbstomperx

Rookie

#23 : January 16, 2009, 07:40:56 PM

No thanks on bringing in Cassell, its a little different when you have Moss and Welker to throw to.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#24 : January 16, 2009, 07:41:28 PM

Didn't say he was better than Shanahan, but to say Shanahan will bring a running game as the reason you like Shanahan more is stupid!

#25 : January 16, 2009, 07:42:58 PM

I think that Shanahan, with the stipulation that there is someone else to handle the GM duties would be just fine.  I don't want a coach handling it all, we've already dealt with the notion that Gruden maybe should have had an actual OC.

There may be a silver lining in this, Muir may finally be gone now.

Fire_Schiano

Practice Squad
#26 : January 16, 2009, 08:04:09 PM

Agree with Dal in that the QB spot in PGH was not a strength of Cowher.  Hell, I'm still not all that over Ben.  Throw in O'Donoghue and Stewart and Batch.....uhhhh.....no.

I like Shanahan over Cowher in that with Shanny, you get a semblance of a running game.  You also get someone unafraid to stick a young QB out there and get acclimated to the NFL game.  From the Glazer's standpoint, you get a guy that has experience as HC/GM.

I love Raheem, but don't know if he's ready.  If the Glazer's want immediate results, not sure Raheem is the guy.

But it worked in PGH with Tomlin, in BAL with Harbaugh.  So why not?

:rofl:  just stop talking

fishman

Starter

#27 : January 16, 2009, 08:11:42 PM

bring back Steve Spurrier! Draft Percy Harvin this year. Tebow next year. Make Shane Matthews offensive coordinator... make all you Gators pee themselves!!!

"The reality is we came in with a bad salary cap situation and we left with some $50 million under the cap, so it's not like we went out and spent a lot of money on players." JG

DougTheGreat

Starter

#28 : January 16, 2009, 08:13:03 PM

What about Shannahan or Cowher as GM? o.O

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskis says it will probably be a big name! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools