Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Weis' Buyout = 21 Million « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 04, 2007, 03:14:37 PM

3 points against unranked Georgia Tech. At home. Pathetic that people still bring his name up for NFL jobs.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 04, 2007, 03:24:54 PM

FRG - It's a different game - he'd be in the mix for just about any NFL job without that buyout.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 04, 2007, 03:45:38 PM

No he wouldn't.

Fake punt from your own 25 in the first quarter... no he's not Head NFL material yet, not by a long shot.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 04, 2007, 03:48:03 PM

3 points against unranked Georgia Tech. At home. Pathetic that people still bring his name up for NFL jobs.

I'm not a ND fan or Weis fan but doesn't he have an inexperienced QB playing right now? Along with that a bunch of freshman starting, I think it's a bit assinine to kill the guy after the first game of the season. It's an entire new bunch of kids playing.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 04, 2007, 03:51:42 PM

I'm not a ND fan or Weis fan but doesn't he have an inexperienced QB playing right now? Along with that a bunch of freshman starting, I think it's a bit assinine to kill the guy after the first game of the season. It's an entire new bunch of kids playing.
Ron Zook's Gators scored 33 points against Miami in the Orange Bowl in 2003 with Ingle Martin starting the second game of his career and an 18 year old Chris Leak coming off the bench. Not buying it. That is pathetic for an "offensive genius".

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 04, 2007, 03:56:02 PM

Ron Zook's Gators scored 33 points against Miami in the Orange Bowl in 2003 with Ingle Martin starting the second game of his career and an 18 year old Chris Leak coming off the bench. Not buying it. That is pathetic for an "offensive genius".

What's funny the "offensive genius" label is brought up only by the media and MB GM's, not anyone within professional or collegiate sports. Do you think he walks around thinking, "ahh, I'm an offensive genius hear me roar!" ? Give me a break, I saw an interview with the guy a few weeks ago and he admitted they're going to have some problems at first because of the drop-off in talent. Again, I'm not a ND fan or Weiss fan but good lord can we once not blast these guys for going through some down times, everyone has drop-off's here and there.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#21 : September 04, 2007, 03:58:12 PM

The real problem on Saturday for ND was their line. Weis can't get out there and block for them.

They were either unprepared (Weis's fault) for the GT blitzes, or they just stink. I think their line just stinks, personally.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 04, 2007, 04:02:32 PM

Sean Mahan hails from Notre Dame.  That is all you need to know. 8)

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 04, 2007, 04:08:33 PM

Do you think he walks around thinking, "ahh, I'm an offensive genius hear me roar!" ?

I always kind of imagined him on one of those electric scooter chair things. One of the big lazy boy models, cruis'n around thinking "Ahh, I'm a genius feed me!"

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 04, 2007, 04:18:40 PM

"Ahh, I'm a genius feed me!"

Well played, well played.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 04, 2007, 04:26:29 PM

WEIS BUYOUT? $21 MILLION

That's almost $1 per donut

wtmcgee

Starter

#26 : September 04, 2007, 04:39:28 PM

With this title, I thought Weis got canned after my Jackets beat the hell out of ND at home.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#27 : September 04, 2007, 05:32:14 PM

Isn't Belichick a free agent after this year?

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#28 : September 04, 2007, 05:33:02 PM

Its amazing how talented players can make a coach look good.  See Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, and Joe Torre.

T

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 04, 2007, 08:02:38 PM

Wha did he do to deserve such a contract?? They can't win a Bowl game or beat a decent team. ND and Weis are all hype

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Weis' Buyout = 21 Million « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools