Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Most Mocks have us taking Calvin Johnson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

zed

Pro Bowler

: January 15, 2007, 09:32:44 PM

At least these three, because I'm too lazy to put up links to others.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mock_draft.htm
http://condraft.com/mocks/round-1.html
http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

Many agree he's the best available player at any position in the entire draft.  I personally feel we can't pass over him if he's there, otherwise trade down. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 15, 2007, 09:34:45 PM

Well, if he's on the board and you believe in the BPA approach, he'd be hard to pass up.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 15, 2007, 09:35:43 PM

I agree, zed. Passing on CJ would be a major blunder. I haven't seen our WR corps really jacking it up aside from Galloway, and he's aging fast. Stovall will be fine for us, but we need to pair him up with a damn good receiver to allow them both to rack up the yards.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

zed

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 15, 2007, 09:39:33 PM

I agree we need a LT, maybe we should just go after Leonard Davis in Free Agency, so we won't even think about passing him up.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 15, 2007, 09:46:53 PM

It all depends upon who is there. I still think Joe Thomas is our best option, BUT I think Calvin Johnson is the best player in this draft and possibly the best WR to come out in a long time.

I still like thomas for these reasons...
1. We have struggled at OL for years and years and years
2. Without a OL that can protect and run block it hinders your defense
     a. See backs and TE's being kept in to block
     b. We have all seen the 3 step dro
3. You can find a WR via Trade, FA or the draft. You cannot find a LT...

I love Johnson, I know he is an unreal talent and a great person. I know this, we will get either Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas and that is a great way to look at things. No matter what happens I think we get a staple for this franchise.

People can downplay the WR position and draft history but IMHO Calvin Johnson suprasses every WR to come out since Randy Moss, he is simply that good.

Baghead #2

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 15, 2007, 09:48:00 PM

I'm sure we'll be doing a lot of shopping in the FA superstore. We've got a full draft, good cap room and possible more of both via trades. We'll be shoring up a lot of needs this year. I just hope nobody expects to be 12-4 and fighting in the NFC championship game in '07. Things can happen overnight, just look at the Saints, but how often is that the norm? I'm hoping for quality players with years to contribute.

We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 15, 2007, 10:08:28 PM

The one thing I like about CJ is that he is a bad ball catcher.  He just can snag anything.

The thing I do not like about him is that he is a wideout, and while it is a can't miss pick, IMO, the Bucs sorely need O-line help, and D-line help moreso.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 15, 2007, 10:22:46 PM

Calvin is the best pick if Thomas has come off the board but otherwise there's no way you do it.

I keep saying, you want Walter Jones or Tory Holt? There's no choice, Walter is the easy and obvious choice <insert Thomas isn't Walter but Calvin is Tory>

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

T

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 15, 2007, 10:28:17 PM

Bucs would be stupid to take a QB, or any Defensive player over this freak of nature that plays WR. Galloway is aging and Clayton is creeping toward bust status. If not Calvin Johnson then who?

Larry Brackins

Starter
#9 : January 15, 2007, 10:30:23 PM

There isn't alot we could do that I wouldn't like. I would be more then happy with Calvin.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#10 : January 15, 2007, 10:31:15 PM

There isn't alot we could do that I wouldn't like. I would be more then happy with Calvin.
Just because I feel like getting a +1...
What about drafting Chris Hetland round 2?

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 15, 2007, 10:31:40 PM

Galloway is aging and Clayton is creeping toward bust status.

nail meet head

#12 : January 15, 2007, 10:32:43 PM

The one thing I like about CJ is that he is a bad ball catcher.  He just can snag anything.

The thing I do not like about him is that he is a wideout, and while it is a can't miss pick, IMO, the Bucs sorely need O-line help, and D-line help moreso.
DL in FA?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 15, 2007, 10:33:32 PM

...and besides all that, the Raiders will most likely part ways with Jerry Porter, and we all know how Al Davis is about his wideouts...

Pairing up CJ with Moss sounds pretty good to me.  And it sounds better to Davis, I am sure of that...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 15, 2007, 10:34:16 PM

Galloway is aging and Clayton is creeping toward bust status.

Creeping ???

He may be in a "mad dash" towards bust status!

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Most Mocks have us taking Calvin Johnson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools