Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Most Mocks have us taking Calvin Johnson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 15, 2007, 10:34:31 PM

The one thing I like about CJ is that he is a bad ball catcher.  He just can snag anything.

The thing I do not like about him is that he is a wideout, and while it is a can't miss pick, IMO, the Bucs sorely need O-line help, and D-line help moreso.
DL in FA?
Justin?

Dwight?

Maybe...we shall wait and see.

T

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 15, 2007, 10:34:58 PM

rjgobucs1-yeah they need offensive line and defensive line help but there is NO Dominant Defensive player in this draft. If the Bucs were picking later in the top 10 then I say go defense but all the top talent is on Offense in this draft.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 15, 2007, 10:35:38 PM

Logic has the Raiders taking Russell but reality has the Raiders taking Johnson.

Lets just corss the fingers and hope they take Russell. That would leave us in a great position to get either Johnson or Thomas.

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 15, 2007, 10:37:31 PM

Ijust can't see the Raiders taking anything but Russell or CJ.  Unless they think Joe Thomas is the missing link in that offense.  The Raiders have some nice pieces in place for sure.  But their O-line is a beaten dog.

#19 : January 15, 2007, 10:37:42 PM

rjgobucs1-yeah they need offensive line and defensive line help but there is NO Dominant Defensive player in this draft. If the Bucs were picking later in the top 10 then I say go defense but all the top talent is on Offense in this draft.
Yeah, I agree that the offensive talent > defensive talent...I'd rather take CJ / Thomas than reach on a defender.

#20 : January 15, 2007, 10:38:19 PM

On SC they had
Raiders - Russell
Lions - I don't remember, I think Quinn but I'm not sure
Browns - Branch
Bucs - CJ

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 15, 2007, 10:41:06 PM

I agree Boid but I look at it this way. As you said they have nice pieces and they do in WR Moss/Porter, a capable back in Jordan and they have tried to draft OT with Gallery. What is missing? You guessed it QB. They simply have passed on too many QB's.  2 last year that appear to be very good prospects in Cutler and Leinart. Russell is their dream pick. They have Moss, Russell has a cannon, done deal IMHO.

If they move moss or you hear some concrete "rumors" they are trying to, then I would become leery of them taking Johnson. I still think that with young qb's in recent years playing well they cannot afford to pass up on another 2 qb's in Russell or Quinn. You look at Rivers, Rothelisberger, Leinart, Young and Cutler. There are 5 QB's, all young all very capable guys to build around.

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 15, 2007, 10:42:44 PM

Browns taking Branch?  No waaaaaay....

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 15, 2007, 10:43:38 PM

I have the Raiders taking Russell also. I'm pretty sure Johnson/Thomas/Adams should be on the boards when we pick. Johnson and Adams are my hopes. Adams if Johnson is off.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 15, 2007, 10:44:44 PM

I agree Boid but I look at it this way. As you said they have nice pieces and they do in WR Moss/Porter, a capable back in Jordan and they have tried to draft OT with Gallery. What is missing? You guessed it QB. They simply have passed on too many QB's.  2 last year that appear to be very good prospects in Cutler and Leinart. Russell is their dream pick. They have Moss, Russell has a cannon, done deal IMHO.

If they move moss or you hear some concrete "rumors" they are trying to, then I would become leery of them taking Johnson. I still think that with young qb's in recent years playing well they cannot afford to pass up on another 2 qb's in Russell or Quinn. You look at Rivers, Rothelisberger, Leinart, Young and Cutler. There are 5 QB's, all young all very capable guys to build around.
It all doesn't mean squat if the O-line can't get anyone any time.  I watched exactly 2 Raider games with a more-than-fleeting glance this year.  And Walter/Brooks were getting absolutely smashed out there.  And I think Porter has burned his Oaktown bridge, even though Art Shell is fired (again).

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#25 : January 15, 2007, 11:08:12 PM

Thomas should be the pick if he is on the board when the Bucs are on. As for people saying the BUcs should sign Leonard Davis, the Bucs already have him in Anthony Davis. They don't need to be spending money for a guy that is not going to be that much of an upgrade over AD.

#26 : January 15, 2007, 11:25:58 PM

If Gruden sticks with drafting "character guys", CJ will be at or near the top of his list.
Good point.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#27 : January 15, 2007, 11:25:29 PM

If Gruden sticks with drafting "character guys", CJ will be at or near the top of his list. 

zed

Pro Bowler

#28 : January 16, 2007, 12:02:49 AM

I think Joe Thomas stock has dropped with Gruden for not playing in the Senior Bowl if you ask me.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 16, 2007, 12:12:23 AM

With most of the mocks have us taking a player then you can all most bet the house that the front office has someone else in mind, rather then the player everyone thinks they are going to take at that spot.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Most Mocks have us taking Calvin Johnson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools