Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How long will Gruden last on the market? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

: January 17, 2009, 07:09:09 AM

Every single team looking for a head coach now is going to consider Gruden.  He's going to have no trouble at all finding a new job and will be the hottest sought after head coach perhaps in the history of fired head coaches.  The only thing keeping him from being hired in one day would be him feeling out his opportunities.   I even expect some teams who still have their head coach to consider firing their coach to get Gruden.   I hope he doesn't go to Carolina.

VA_Buc30

Starter

#1 : January 17, 2009, 07:14:02 AM

Every single team looking for a head coach now is going to consider Gruden.  He's going to have no trouble at all finding a new job and will be the hottest sought after head coach perhaps in the history of fired head coaches.  The only thing keeping him from being hired in one day would be him feeling out his opportunities.   I even expect some teams who still have their head coach to consider firing their coach to get Gruden.   I hope he doesn't go to Carolina.

I'll go on record and say Gruden will not be a HC in the NFL in 2009.   2010, different story.

#2 : January 17, 2009, 07:15:55 AM

Give it a week and some team will pick him up and he will have a ton of success. Some team will actually give gruden the players he wants and SPEND money on free agents. It is really a shame i'm going to miss him.

Awwwwww  :( :( :( :( :(

VA_Buc30

Starter

#3 : January 17, 2009, 07:18:22 AM

Give it a week and some team will pick him up and he will have a ton of success. Some team will actually give gruden the players he wants and SPEND money on free agents. It is really a shame i'm going to miss him.

So then you're not upset with the Allen firing?  Because he was the one NOT spending the money.  Glazers obviously proved they are willing to spend by eating an extra $25 million they are going to have to pay to Gruden/Allen.

#4 : January 17, 2009, 07:22:22 AM

I'm glad you guys got what you wanted. You can't possibly think Raheem is a upgrade tho, and it def does not look like we have a plan at all.

Dude(i think), it doesn't seem like we've had a plan throughout the Gruden era. 7 years of band-aid application was enough. And who's to say Raheem isn't an upgrade? 57-55 won't be too hard to top.

VA_Buc30

Starter

#5 : January 17, 2009, 07:25:36 AM

I'm glad you guys got what you wanted. You can't possibly think Raheem is a upgrade tho, and it def does not look like we have a plan at all.

Dude(i think), it doesn't seem like we've had a plan throughout the Gruden era. 7 years of band-aid application was enough. And who's to say Raheem isn't an upgrade? 57-55 won't be too hard to top.

I agree.   Look what Harbaugh has accomplished in 1 year in Baltimore with a completely new coaching staff and a rookie QB?   He was also never a coordinator first.  He was a secondary coach for the Eagles the year before.  

#6 : January 17, 2009, 07:26:56 AM

I was a huge Dungy fan but when the Glazers gave him his pink slip, it was time for him to go. Such is the case again. It had been said that the players were tuning him out....... seems that may have been the case.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 17, 2009, 07:27:32 AM

At least the Glazers are not pulling a Culverhouse here and going cheap.   They fired 2 highly paid guys who had alot of time left on their contracts.   They must truly believe this is the right move for the franchise.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 17, 2009, 07:28:44 AM

If allen gave him talent that record would be a lot different. And I hope Raheem is a upgrade, we just have to wait and see. Like I said before I'll be a bucs fan forever but this one is just really hard to swallow for me.

Gruden is a .500 coach who wrecked the future of the team by forcing the inept Bruce Allen to smirk his way through 5 crappy offseasons.  

Go buy yet another Chucky Doll and a pallet of tissues and have yourself a good cry.

By April, you will be over Gruden and back to routing for the Bucs.  

VA_Buc30

Starter

#9 : January 17, 2009, 07:32:31 AM

At least the Glazers are not pulling a Culverhouse here and going cheap.   They fired 2 highly paid guys who had alot of time left on their contracts.   They must truly believe this is the right move for the franchise.

I think from a business perspective, this decision is better than the Gruden hiring.  They fired Dungy with every intention of bringing in Parcells and when that fell through, they panicked and threw a boatload of picks to the Raiders.  
This time, they didn't make a rash decision and fire everyone on the spot after the 4 game skid.  They took almost a month and had a clear plan in place of who the coaching staff would be.  Whether as fans we like it or not.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 17, 2009, 07:33:16 AM

Gruden will probably end up with the Jets where he can continue his Favre lovefest.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 17, 2009, 07:34:22 AM

I'd like to see Gruden replace Dungy in Indy then win 4 back to back superbowls with Manning.

#12 : January 17, 2009, 07:40:21 AM

I'd like to see Gruden replace Dungy in Indy then win 4 back to back superbowls with Manning.

Why?

#13 : January 17, 2009, 07:42:06 AM

I hope where ever JG goes he has success.  I've always been a fan of Gruden.  Sure he made some bad decisions but lets not forget it's not his fault when players drop passes, fumble balls, miss blocks, miss tackles.  All the best Chuckie where ever you land!  Maybe you'll get that QB that you've been waiting for on your next team.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 17, 2009, 07:53:55 AM

Why?

It would just be a very interesting story line.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How long will Gruden last on the market? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools