Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Firing Allen wasn't the right move « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 17, 2009, 01:41:53 AM

Actually, I had high hopes for McKay, way back when. But then again we didn't dwell on it as much up here as we do now. That was virtually pre-Internet.

In Verner We Trust

kmitchell

Starter

#31 : January 17, 2009, 01:43:15 AM

Allen was the problem. We could have taken Asante Samuel out of FA, and used our 1st to get the playmaker we desperately needed on offense, like Chris Johnson or Felix Jones.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 17, 2009, 01:48:57 AM

Then again, imagine our secondary if we had Samuel AND Talib. Guarantee you we wouldn't have given up that much in the way of passing yardage to SD.

In Verner We Trust

robintyme

Starter

#33 : January 17, 2009, 02:16:28 AM

It's all good, Tyme. Sorry if I struck you the wrong way. I appreciate your enthusiasm. It's my team. Just the way it is. I was glad when Chucky came here, glad he got us the ring, but we move on.
Ya root for big wins. Since Xmas Eve 2005 there haven't been enough of them.

No problem JerseyBucsFan :)
we're all in the family of being football fans
maybe we'll both find out we really have lousy clueless owners

gonna be an interesting 2009 season for sure!!

foxfire

Second String

#34 : January 17, 2009, 02:22:13 AM

Why was it a package deal? Are they attacted at the hip? Did they give Allen an option to stay or leave? Pretty stupid idea. "Package deal"...they aren't twins. Are they?
Uh, yeah. They were together in Oakland and the only reason Allen came here was Gruden. How do you not know that.  And this proves it for all of us who thought they were a pair.

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#35 : January 17, 2009, 03:26:30 AM

I don't really mind the firing. Bruce probably walked out as soon as he found out Jon got canned. I loved Bruce Allen though as a G.M. because he did exactly what he said he was going to do

He handled the Bucs cap problems beautifully.
He promised the first KR touchdown in franchise history.
He said he aquire premium talent (Joey Galloway, Antonino Bryant, the offensive line,  Ruud, T-Jackson, Aqib Talib, etc. etc.)

The Bucs had a 9-3 team, championship contender, that dream was flushed down the toliet in a month. That falls on both the headcoach and gm. This is the means to a new beginning, but thanks Bruce you weren't filled with empty promises.

Gruden on the other hand...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 17, 2009, 03:31:29 AM

Forgetting the rest of your post for a moment, I like your one line C.O.: This is a means to a new beginning.
9-7, when you get down to it, is the worst place to be in the NFL. Not good enough for a playoff spot in this case, but really awful draft position. Do that twice in a row and it can lead to long-term disaster. Saw this with Miami in the Marino and post-Marino era and now we face a crossroads: draft well or do so poorly that we get a shot at being top five again (which could lead to great picks or simply being bad a long time).
But let's keep our fingers crossed that Raheem is ready.

In Verner We Trust

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#37 : January 17, 2009, 03:37:51 AM

Forgetting the rest of your post for a moment, I like your one line C.O.: This is a means to a new beginning.
9-7, when you get down to it, is the worst place to be in the NFL. Not good enough for a playoff spot in this case, but really awful draft position. Do that twice in a row and it can lead to long-term disaster. Saw this with Miami in the Marino and post-Marino era and now we face a crossroads: draft well or do so poorly that we get a shot at being top five again (which could lead to great picks or simply being bad a long time).
But let's keep our fingers crossed that Raheem is ready.

I agree wholeheartedly. The Bucs are in an awful position right now. Bucs fans better prepare themselves for seasons equal to 2003, 04, and 06.  Especially with the lack of a real QB on the roster. If Raheem can put this team in contention next year I'll be happy as anyone on here. But to -expect- the Bucs to be a contender next year is a bit much. Enjoy the ride it's gonna be a doozey.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 17, 2009, 04:42:38 AM

2009 looks like a great year to take a Sabbatical.

Seriously, THIS is as shocking as the end of the Raiders game-- only with a huge hangover.

Pile-on time:

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 17, 2009, 06:07:49 AM

Allen was one of the worst GM's in the game.  He has left the cupboard pretty bare on both sides of the ball. 

Great move getting rid of Allen! 

Now, as far as Dominik goes, I have no idea what qualifies him for this role, but anyone is an upgrade over Allen. 

weaponx24

Second String
#40 : January 17, 2009, 07:36:22 AM

I don't see much talent on this team.   Allen was the GM.   I don't think much more needs to be said.

Exactly! This shouldnt be an argument...Allen was a complete bust! Yeah great he saved the team money, which in turn cost us talent on the field and wins in the win column...Not to mention all the draft picks that flopped...Im glad to see him go

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Firing Allen wasn't the right move « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools