Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seriously...what up with the delay? « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: January 17, 2009, 06:04:24 AM

Why did it take 3 weeks to make this decision?

If you are going to make a coaching change, why not fire the coach at the end of the season and conduct a through search?

I mean at least interview other guys to see what their ideas and philosophies are like even if Morris was the top of the list. Why wait 3 weeks, fire the coach, and then not even conduct a single interview?

Seriously, the Glazers are really starting to piss me off. It's obvious they have absolutely no idea how to conduct a coaching search.

foxfire

Second String

#1 : January 17, 2009, 06:35:44 AM

sucks to be you.

luke99

Starter

#2 : January 17, 2009, 06:53:26 AM

The reason is they were not going to fire him.. untill Raheem started getting interviews. It started the ball rolling and they realized to keep him they needed to act.

weaponx24

Second String
#3 : January 17, 2009, 07:41:22 AM

I agree....I dont think Raheem is ready to deal with this type of overhaul that the Bucs are going to go through. I think Shannan would be a good fit for the Bucs!

fishman

Starter

#4 : January 17, 2009, 07:56:07 AM

who knows. read this article though. i think it adequately addresses the situation and why it's taken place.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-7-102/Morris--Dominik-will-at-least-bring-a-plan-to-Bucs.html

"The reality is we came in with a bad salary cap situation and we left with some $50 million under the cap, so it's not like we went out and spent a lot of money on players." JG

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 17, 2009, 08:31:30 AM

LOL - yea - Yansinkas and Shawn King - the two bastions of insider football knowledge created that mantra - and now it is being regurgitated even at Bay News 9 by Mark Royals.  So - with the coach and gm fired - when did yankshisown and staypuff find out this information?  Or when did the surmise (make it up) And Mark Royals - why wait until the coach was gone - or is he simply jumping on the last hater wagon before the new HC gets his...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seriously...what up with the delay? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools