Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those who like to point out 2 winning seasons out of 5 since 2002.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« : January 15, 2007, 10:41:41 PM »

Tampa Bay 12-4, NFC South Championship
Atlanta 9-7
New Orleans 9-7
Carolina 7-9

Carolina 11-5, NFC South Championship
New Orleans 8-8
Tampa Bay 7-9
Atlanta 5-11

Atlanta 11-5, NFC South Championship
New Orleans 8-8
Carolina 7-9
Tampa Bay 5-11

Tampa Bay 11-5, NFC South Championship
Carolina 11-5
Atlanta 8-8
New Orleans 3-13

New Orleans 10-6, NFC South Championship
Carolina 8-8
Atlanta 7-9
Tampa Bay 4-12

Overall records
Tampa Bay 39-41
Carolina 44-37
Atlanta 40-40
New Orleans 38-42

Tampa Bay has two division titles, two playoff appearances, and a SB victory.
Carolina has one division title and two playoff appearances.
Atlanta has one division title and two playoff appearances.
New Orleans has one division title, one playoff appearance, and is currently up for the NFCCG.

Were the only team with more than one division title and to have won a Super Bowl, and no team in the NFC South has more than two playoff appearances since the realignment.

Just saying.

« #1 : January 15, 2007, 10:42:35 PM »

Interesting.

« #2 : January 15, 2007, 10:48:23 PM »

Notice that the last place team always wins the division the following year. Bucs are up next.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 15, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »

I am still a big supporter of GRuden, and I think with more stability in the finance department, some sorely needed draft picks, and less injuries from key players, he is still the most capable coach (Sean Peyton is still a rook, so he gets a pass this year) in the NFC South.  Peyton has a helluva lot of talent to work with, the team actually has a home, and I will reserve judgement on him until next year passes.

I think Gruden will do good things nextyear, and I am already anxious for the Sundays in the fall...

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #4 : January 15, 2007, 11:02:28 PM »

I've always believed that all NO needed was a good coach and a QB. They have all the talent in the world on O but have always grossly underachieved in the previous seasons.

As for Gruden, I don't doubt his playcalling abilities, but he really needs a QB in order to have a successful season in '07. If the Bucs don't land Garcia or get Simms to play well, then I'm afraid the Glazers won't extend Gruden's contract.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

« #5 : January 15, 2007, 11:23:03 PM »

Nice dig

bklynbucs11

Starter

« #6 : January 15, 2007, 11:42:58 PM »

YOu know, I was watching the BUcs Superbowl DVD earlier today (its what I watch when I'm having the worst kind of day) and I noticed how our offense was actually able to function with enough talent.

T

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 15, 2007, 11:52:24 PM »

Also, feel free to knock Jon Fox for never putting together back to back winning seasons also. For all the hype the Kitties got Fox's teams have always been inconsistent.

« #8 : January 15, 2007, 11:53:09 PM »

Also, feel free to knock Jon Fox for never putting together back to back winning seasons also. For all the hype the Kitties got Fox's teams have always been inconsistent.
He's gotta be on the hotseat IMO.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

« #9 : January 16, 2007, 12:07:50 AM »

wow... interesting...

Yea the media picks the Panthers to win the Division/conference/superbowl every friggin year anymore it seems....

$$$

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 16, 2007, 12:10:11 AM »

Very, Intersting stats that everyone in the south has won the NFC south title. i think the NFC South is alot tougher then people think

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #11 : January 16, 2007, 12:53:54 AM »

He's gotta be on the hotseat IMO.
Moreso than Gruden is, IMO as well.

I mean, to be a front runner for the NFC reps to the Lombardi game, to being middle of the pack bums...well...

Fox is mildly overrated.  Lets see Fox win a South banner with the Bucs last year...

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #12 : January 16, 2007, 01:15:32 AM »

Good find, bro...I'll have to remember that in my arguements against the lesser-informed Buc fans and their hatred of our coach.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

« #13 : January 16, 2007, 01:19:27 AM »

We're also the only team with 3 losing seasons in there.

We're also the team with the worst record past our SB year, and even with it we're only a game ahead of NO. It's just telling of the situation; no one had a problem with Gruden's 1st year. He did great. It's everything past then that has gotten on people's nerves. In that breakdown, and in a lot of people's minds, he's still living off that one great year.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #14 : January 16, 2007, 01:42:12 AM »

We're also the only team with 3 losing seasons in there.

We're also the team with the worst record past our SB year, and even with it we're only a game ahead of NO. It's just telling of the situation; no one had a problem with Gruden's 1st year. He did great. It's everything past then that has gotten on people's nerves. In that breakdown, and in a lot of people's minds, he's still living off that one great year.

And what have you got to say about the other teams?
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those who like to point out 2 winning seasons out of 5 since 2002.. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools