Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem seems VERY green. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #15 : January 17, 2009, 03:52:48 PM »

Again, he didn't get where he has been by not being deep.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

vladin

Starter

« #16 : January 17, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »

I'll cut him some slack, but it is apparent that he simply doesn't know what his offensive philosophy will be yet.  Hopefully, he gets a lot from that Steak dinner with Tomlin.

He will have some struggles, but I'm willing to wait and watch and see if it all starts to click for him.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 17, 2009, 03:56:11 PM »

"We are going to be a score and get the ball back team...the offense is going to score touchdowns".

Dungy used to say the same thing every offseason.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
« #18 : January 17, 2009, 03:57:23 PM »

Raheem needs to be sure to surround himself with experienced top notch assistants.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 17, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »

"We are going to be a score and get the ball back team...the offense is going to score touchdowns".

Well I should expect some playoff trips then

grungy

Second String
« #20 : January 17, 2009, 03:59:18 PM »

Let's just hope we can execute better...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #21 : January 17, 2009, 04:00:17 PM »

Gruden isn't deep either. But he won us a SB.

Yeah, Morris sounds green but I didn't expect too much. Plus, it's a press conference. I learned not to put too much weight into pressers after watching so many Gruden pressers over the years. I'll wait to see how we do with Ws and Ls. That's all I care about. I think some posters were expecting him to lay out what type of offense he was going to want his OC to implement.

One thing I didn't like was his "stay the course" comment. God, I hope not. If that's the case, why even make the change?

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #22 : January 17, 2009, 04:01:07 PM »

he looks like the type that puts it on the field

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 17, 2009, 04:03:09 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if he suited up and laid someone out on the field...or if he didn't suit up and laid someone out on the field

grungy

Second String
« #24 : January 17, 2009, 04:05:49 PM »

The one thing I keep dwelling on is he kept saying "we have a plan." Seeing as the grocery shopper and chef have both been canned either A) he's blowing smoke, or B) a coup took place. It just seems there's a whole lot more to this story than what's on the surface.

jameswilder

Starter

« #25 : January 17, 2009, 04:06:03 PM »

I like Morris, but I sure wanted to see him get one season under his belt as defensive coordinator before becoming head coach. I was not impressed with his presser at all. His body language says it all, he was shifting all around, never really answered any direct questions, and just because he listens to the same music that Jermaine Philips listens to, doesn't make him a good coach. 2009 could be a train wreck of a season.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 17, 2009, 04:06:35 PM »

I like Morris, but I sure wanted to see him get one season under his belt as defensive coordinator before becoming head coach. I was not impressed with his presser at all. His body language says it all, he was shifting all around, never really answered any direct questions, and just because he listens to the same music that Jermaine Philips listens to, doesn't make him a good coach. 2009 could be a train wreck of a season.
agreed all the way.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #27 : January 17, 2009, 04:10:34 PM »

gee he just got the gig yesterday do folks need to see his proposal  today

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #28 : January 17, 2009, 04:13:24 PM »

Grungy, I think when he said he had a plan, he meant about who he was going to hire and the process he was going to take to do so.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 17, 2009, 04:14:10 PM »

Spend 5 minutes one-on-one with the guy, not at a podium, and most people would be convinced. Yeah, he's very green. But on the other hand, he realizes he has to grow into the position and that means (unless his mind has taken a sharp detour since not too long ago) he won't be a HC/OC/OL/ST/WR/SLASH/SLASH/SLASH... He's going to have other guys doing those slashes.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem seems VERY green. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools