Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem seems VERY green. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#30 : January 17, 2009, 04:15:40 PM

Raheems the man! he willl get the job done.

DBHit55

Starter

#31 : January 17, 2009, 04:16:28 PM

he wasnt nervous thats how he always is talks real fast like that

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 17, 2009, 04:19:54 PM

We don't need to see his proposal today.  However, I have never seen a press conference introducing a head coach where the guy couldn't tell you his philosiphy on both sides of the ball.

All he said was we have core values and beliefs and we will stick to those and do what we do. WTF does that mean?  Is that like when Monte refused to put Barber on Harrison in that MNF game vs the Colts, because we do what we do and don't let the offense dictate our game plan?

He was asked have you spoked to Mike Tomlin in the past 24 hours. His answer" When Mike is down here for that championship game he is going to bring his coaching menu and we are going to get a steak dinner and I am going to try to get as much off the menu as possible. Or some nonsense like that.

Can he not answer a simple question?

I loved his energy, seems like an awesome guy who is way over his freaking head here.  I am terrified.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#33 : January 17, 2009, 04:20:47 PM

Raheem needs to be sure to surround himself with experienced top notch assistants.

TRUE STORY!

That's the one thing that differs from him and Mike Tomlin. Mike walked into a position that had some great leadership already in place. I will be intersting to see his staff come together. There is definately some new excitement at 1 Buc Palace!

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 17, 2009, 04:21:50 PM

We don't need to see his proposal today.  However, I have never seen a press conference introducing a head coach where the guy couldn't tell you his philosiphy on both sides of the ball.

All he said was we have core values and beliefs and we will stick to those and do what we do. what does that mean?  Is that like when Monte refused to put Barber on Harrison in that MNF game vs the Colts, because we do what we do and don't let the offense dictate our game plan?

He was asked have you spoked to Mike Tomlin in the past 24 hours. His answer" When Mike is down here for that championship game he is going to bring his coaching menu and we are going to get a steak dinner and I am going to try to get as much off the menu as possible. Or some nonsense like that.

Can he not answer a simple question?

I loved his energy, seems like an awesome guy who is way over his freaking head here.  I am terrified.

agreed, I like the guy alot but at the same time he's bit off way more than he can chew IMO

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 17, 2009, 04:21:57 PM

Raheem will run the same defense except it will be far more aggressive with blitzes (to generate turnovers and pressure).

To score TD"s the Bucs will ditch the Gulf Coast offense for a simplified WCO either with Olson or Bates.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 17, 2009, 04:23:17 PM

Look for a simpler, more effective offensive scheme.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 17, 2009, 04:24:27 PM

Obviously he was very nervous and who can blame him for what has gone on in his life in a very short time. He'll get better at press conferences, but who really cares how he handles them? If his strength was media savvy I'd be worried, but he's been hired to be a head coach in the NFL. Obviously he has the support of some heavy hitters in the locker room judging by their attendance today. His enthusiasm was genuine and I'm sure the Glazers told him not to give away "the plan" and give general, vague answers. I found it funny (or scary maybe) that ESPN only had 3 highlights to show of him and they kept playing them over and over. :)

TheRealist

Second String

#38 : January 17, 2009, 04:27:42 PM

you people that are being negtive...wow..did you seriously expect him to go up there and get in depth on what kind of offense and defense he is planning on running? lol it's a press conference....an introduction for goodness sake. He was obviously up there trying to play it safe and not taking any seeingly shots at Gruden or anybody else which he did a very good job at avoiding. I think he brings a 'swagger' to the team and it will rub of on all the players

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 17, 2009, 04:28:07 PM

I like Morris, but I sure wanted to see him get one season under his belt as defensive coordinator before becoming head coach. I was not impressed with his presser at all. His body language says it all, he was shifting all around, never really answered any direct questions, and just because he listens to the same music that Jermaine Philips listens to, doesn't make him a good coach. 2009 could be a train wreck of a season.
agreed all the way.

LOL, of course, you can always determine how a new HC will perform by the opening PC.

Well played fellas

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 17, 2009, 04:28:30 PM

There's a new energy about to overtake OBP.

It's needed.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 17, 2009, 04:28:45 PM

Also the decisions with personnel will be a collaborative effort with Dominik along with Raheem.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 17, 2009, 04:31:22 PM

Energy is nice. Wins are better.

Let's hope the youth and energy translates into a better product on the field.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 17, 2009, 04:31:59 PM

gee he just got the gig yesterday do folks need to see his proposal �today

While Morris appeared very nervous, and in some ways not prepared and I wouldn't expect him to lay out the intricacies of his philosophy at a Press Conference.....at any job interview for a HCing position he'd better have a "proposal" ready at hand.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#44 : January 17, 2009, 04:32:34 PM

I like Morris, but I sure wanted to see him get one season under his belt as defensive coordinator before becoming head coach. I was not impressed with his presser at all. His body language says it all, he was shifting all around, never really answered any direct questions, and just because he listens to the same music that Jermaine Philips listens to, doesn't make him a good coach. 2009 could be a train wreck of a season.

agreed all the way.

And just cause he's green doesn't mean this season is gonna be a train wreck. I know of plenty "Ripe" coaches that posted 4-12, 5-11, and 7-9 records.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem seems VERY green. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools