Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem can barely talk « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 17, 2009, 08:39:38 PM

Didn't hire him to talk...........but to coach.

Last time I checked we weren't in the market for a speech therapist.

CAROLINABUC

Starter

#16 : January 17, 2009, 08:49:55 PM

your a complete idiot go pull for another team. I hate so call fans.

Losing is not a option

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#17 : January 17, 2009, 09:12:12 PM

I've seen him in 2 interviews. He uses incorrect words , studders a little bit, sounds like he is inexperienced and in miles over his head. If you guys dont see it then you are clearly blind and cannot have a big boy conversation.

But that doesnt mean he will be a bad coach and doesn't mean I wont support him because I do. His players seem to like him so we will just have to wait and see.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#18 : January 17, 2009, 09:15:56 PM

He didn't really come across as nervous, just amped up about getting the promotion. He also didn't say much as I have already mentioned before because at least somewhat he doesn't know what is going to happen.

He did come across as sounding a little inexperienced but I know that isn't the case with football. Media skills and football are two different things and I think the former will come in time as the head coach.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 17, 2009, 09:16:05 PM

I've seen him in 2 interviews. He uses incorrect words , studders a little bit, sounds like he is inexperienced and in miles over his head. If you guys dont see it then you are clearly blind and cannot have a big boy conversation.

But that doesnt mean he will be a bad coach and doesn't mean I wont support him because I do. His players seem to like him so we will just have to wait and see.

You don't think that on probably the most important day of your professional career in the national spotlight and your first press conference you'd stutter some and use a word you didn't mean to?  I could care less if the man stutters worse than Yosemite Sam as long as his conferences after a loss don't start with excuses about injuries all the time.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#20 : January 17, 2009, 09:20:07 PM

unbelievable, The guy has been announced and is now the Buccaneers head coach. Has only been  for like 6 hours now and you are already bashing him? Because he seemed nervous in his first ever press conference! Get out of here with that crap... I'm no Gruden hater but the guy got 7 years and was only 1 game over .500, You have only given Raheem a couple hours. I remember when people were throwing Joe Madden under the bus after his first year, Now look at him.

$$$

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 17, 2009, 09:21:41 PM

It would be nice it he were a little smoother - and I suspect he will get better in similar instances over time.  I would just enjoy his excitement and enthusiasm for now, and we will see where the team goes from here.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#22 : January 17, 2009, 09:22:27 PM

unbelievable, The guy has been announced and is now the Buccaneers head coach. Has only been  for like 6 hours now and you are already bashing him? Because he seemed nervous in his first ever press conference! Get out of here with that crap... I'm no Gruden hater but the guy got 7 years and was only 1 game over .500, You have only given Raheem a couple hours. I remember when people were throwing Joe Madden under the bus after his first year, Now look at him.

It's an embarrassment to me as a fan of the franchise to hear people doing this already.

d3m3nt3db3atz

Second String
#23 : January 17, 2009, 09:28:42 PM

sounds like a bunch of fluffernutter to me  he didnt really answer any question

"What about your offensive philosophy?
"On offense? It's simple - we want to score and get touchdowns. We have to find a way to score."

Hahahah welll NO Shizit Sherlock

What he really means is i dont have a clue....

Dumb and Dumber
B. Glazer & J. Glazer

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 17, 2009, 09:34:02 PM

Yeah, we should have hired a HC that was an eloquent speaker like Rich Kotite or Marty Mornhinweg.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#25 : January 17, 2009, 09:34:40 PM

sounds like a bunch of fluffernutter to me� he didnt really answer any question

"What about your offensive philosophy?
"On offense? It's simple - we want to score and get touchdowns. We have to find a way to score."

Hahahah welll NO Shizit Sherlock

What he really means is i dont have a clue....

And why would you expect any different? He was informed yesterday that he had the job, Gruden was informed he was fired while eating dinner, Nobody saw this happening. Morris had less than 24 hours to prepare for his First ever press conference as a head coach. Do you honestly thing that is enough time to be able to give detailed answers about everything?  [banghead]

$$$

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 17, 2009, 09:36:05 PM

Right. Imagine what most people's first day is like. Give the guy a break.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 17, 2009, 09:48:41 PM

I have never seen so many members sign up after the firing / hiring of a coaching staff, I would have used the word fan, but not sure any of them fit in the category

no doubt, suddenly we have 100 new posters and all have nothing to say...

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 17, 2009, 09:51:34 PM

I have never seen so many members sign up after the firing / hiring of a coaching staff, I would have used the word fan, but not sure any of them fit in the category

no doubt, suddenly we have 100 new posters and all have nothing to say...

Unless you count "Gruden was a bum blah blah blah"  or "Raheem sucks fire him now, he can't talk to the media, we won't win a game, I'm giving up my tickets"  as anything worth reading.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 17, 2009, 09:52:54 PM

I doubt any of them will last past Monday.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem can barely talk « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools